Skyrim HD - 2K Textures (by NebuLa)

z929669

Mod is in review mode as a big banner image was put up to version 1.7 which led to a site where users had to pay (or donate, however you want to view it) to get "Early Access" to version 1.7. Something which is against the Nexus TOS.

Message has been sent to the author and hopefully we can get this amicably rectified and back on the site ASAP.

Good grief, can't users just follow the rules? ESPECIALLY the rules around money?! DarkOne's recent post clearly explains why those rules are in place. It'll be a shame to loose this resource because of a stupid decision on the author's part.

Yet it seems to happen quite often, unfortunately.

Mod is in review mode as a big banner image was put up to version 1.7 which led to a site where users had to pay (or donate, however you want to view it) to get "Early Access" to version 1.7. Something which is against the Nexus TOS.

Message has been sent to the author and hopefully we can get this amicably rectified and back on the site ASAP.

What an a**hole. This is how a mod author gets blacklisted for me. No matter what happens next, I will never install anything by him.

It's' surprising he's not instantly banned. Nexus clearly bends the rules however they want. I don't like that. People were permanently banned for much less than this.

I think since the entire matter is happening on a personal site and not Nexus, they're being a bit more weary. When it comes down to it, Nexus has no say what he does on his personal site because the beta files aren't being offered at Nexus, currently. Only his released version is on Nexus. Call it a loop hole, but in all technicality, he wouldn't be breaking Nexus rules because it's not happening on Nexus. If it's happening and Nexus bans him, it's just them covering their own butts by cutting ties with him.

I couldn't fault Nexus on that either.

Lol. Octo being Slim Shady again, upsetting people. Working at Burger King, spitting on your onion rings!  ::D:

Well we don't know what is going on yet, certainly too early to point fingers. Tech wondered why my textures got mass exodus recently; I can't remember what I sourced two or three years ago (even if it were just a few free overlays). Everyone has it in for the big mods because some people are damn right jealous. Smaller mods get away with it a lot more easily. I still need to check everything is water-tight because I still have some of isoku's work in my mod. No idea where he sourced it from, if at all. Luckily my new camera can help solve any discrepancies.

Edit: Guy is selling 'early access' I'm blind. Yeah feck that mess. 

Edited by Guest

Perhaps the author had started working on a new version back when the Steam Workshop had started its paywall thing (and you know that didn't last long).  Now he's annoyed that his continued efforts with the hopes of getting some money for them are no longer an option, so he did that as a result.

So gang...do we have a "backup" plan for replacing these should they go the route of SRO?  I'm guessing most of this group all have archived copies of both SRO and Skyrim HD 2k, so we're OK, but what about those who discover STEP next week or the week after?  Landscape texture replacement was my first motivation to actually mod this game.  It was researching that aspect that originally led me here.

If this mod is officially banned from Nexus, I think I'll have more "banned" textures than not in my setup xD

However, if the mod get banned on Nexus because the authors is asking for money, there is still nothing about texture piracy, so it's very different than EWI's or SRO stuffs, as it's not a "no go by respect for original authors".

Basically, I don't see any reason to remove it from STEP if it is still available for free on the author's own website. (If understand everything right, the only paid part is about v1.7, while STEP is currently built arround 1.6).

Skyrim HD 1.6 is back up on Nexus.

EDIT: The sad part if you really think about it is that Skyrim HD has a little over 8 million unique downloads with 150 donations according to the description. I really can't blame him for wanting to find some way to increase donations for all that work.

• 2 weeks later...