Skyrim HD - 2K Textures (by NebuLa)

z929669

So, whats happening with the new update?

I dont think we have Dragonborn really covered, do we?

We have amidianborn, but thats landscape and ground afaik, with lots of .hidden files and we have "Detail the Eldritch", which is mostly "interior".

Telvanni Reborn is dropped (i still have a copy i'm using atm).

What exactly is covered by this one

Has someone with more free time used some of it and taken a closer look into 1.7?

It's mainly just a handful of textures. I have personally looked into it a bit more and have found the textures to be better quality than the ones used in STEP now. Take the conflicts with SFO. The one or two SFO textures simply look like vanilla textures with a change in color. That's it....not very good from such a good artist like Vurt. This would take a full investigation, though, and it's something that I'm unlikely going to do anytime soon. It would be nice if the community would step up some and do some of these compares for us on the smaller mods in testing (probably not this one as there is more involved). Maybe I'll do it before the next release.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I don't have anything personal against this mod, but has someone checked the normal maps?? Most of them are quite bad and even mismatch the textures.

Knowing all the hard testing I know you do at STEP, I'm a little surprised no one pointed this out.

I posted on reddit about this problem and got a confirmation by another user. His remark was this:

I just took another look at it, I see the issue now. It's the alpha channel, it indeed doesn't match. I didn't see it at first because Photoshop doesn't show the alpha channel by default. If the author uses PS, that might be why the mismatch has gone unnoticed.

you can see an example with this screenshot.

• \textures\architecture\solitude\sfloorhouse01.dds
  • \textures\architecture\solitude\sfloorhouse01_n.dds

ugMCYUr.jpg

Edited by egraf
  • +1 1

We only use the landscape textures.

ok, landscape folder is way better but still has some mismatches I think, for example rocksedgetrim01 and road01

I don't know exactly which textures are used in STEP (I don't have a STEP set-up ATM) so I cant test, sorry.

Edited by egraf
  • +1 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm just going through the STEP setup and noticed an on the Wiki page for this mod.
It states 'STEP recommends to download and install only the Landscape LITE main file.', however the Landscape LITE file is listed in the Optional Files section - not Main Files.

Very minor thing really, but it did cause me to initially get the wrong file.

• 2 months later...

Skyrim HD

The following conflicted files are provided by this mod: /textures/dlc02/landscape/dlc2road01ash01_n.dds

The following conflicted files are provided by other mods: /textures/dlc02/landscape/dlc2road01ash01.dds (STEP Compilation/Serious HD)

Is this correct?

Why would I use the normal map of Skyrim HD on a diffuse map of Serious HD?

• 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...