Do uou think this merge will work ?

So i've been sorting some mods i felt could be merged next to each other quite early in laod order,

after that i've ran loot,

those that were left next to each other i've loaded to tes edit and applied show conflict losers filter.

none of them appear to be conflicting, so i've ran merge script.

this is the result

Screenshot%20%281%29.png

what do you think, will it blow ? i plan to add regs, perma, dragonborn gallery, couple follower mods, few houses (morskom, breezhome upgradable + maybe something from step pack if there's space) 

My general rule of thumb is don't merge anything with a MCM or any 'big' mods. From this list I have merged Ashrocks, Sulfurrocks, Moss rocks + DB, Atlas Compass Tweaks, Moon Glow, No spinning death animation and realistic ragdoll force succesfully (I think). Perhaps the others will also merge well, but I don't want to touch the ones with MCM: Footprints, Trade & Barter, Violens, iHud and Auto unequip ammo. I also don't like merging Better dynamic snow/Racemenu. They might merge just fine. I don't use Dual Wield Parrying and the Vivid Snow plugins.

If it helps you.. other things from REGS/SR:LE I have merged in my general patch are: WM Trap Fixes, Episode Parallax, ORM Convenient Alsvid, the Even Better Quest Objectives plugins.. (I think the guide has its own merge instructions for them by now, had those installed before they were added), RBB - Row Boats - Hearthfire Hotfix, CWINPCImprovements, Prometheus_NSUTR Falskaar Dock, 3DNPCEFF, Clothing & Clutter_3DNPC_Patch, RSChildren - CRF Patch, Inconsequential NPCs - CRF Compatibility Patch. Not sure if those last few patches are included in the guides btw:P

I also have Beards, Brows and the Eyes of Beauty merged into 1 esp and a single esp for all of ETaC patches except for the ELE patch (mostly because I installed that a while after doing all the others). That should leave you with some space for more plugins!

Edited by Pretendeavor
  • +1 1

Thanks a lot, i'll prolly still try mcm, xedit script seems to say its fine, it does move some files for it to work though. Still some of those you recommended omitting i'll omit.
found this too:

https://pastebin.com/5aaADCPd

Thanks for info about others, especially about etac patches, those were worrying me a lot and the guide on its forum is very outdated. I'll prolly also omit ele patch, ele patches merging doesn't feel safe to me.

For ELE patches it's mostly about the load order, they need to load really late while some of my merges are loaded before the main ELE plugin. About the ETaC patches merging, you should probably search for this in the Real Explorer's Guide to Skyrim forum because the ones containing the Navigation Mesh Info Map record require a lot of additional steps to merge correctly. If you don't want to bother, leave patches that contain that record out of the merge.

Edited by Pretendeavor
  • +1 1

Yeah but you will have to esmify masters temporarily or you won't be able to open it in the ck. It's not very hard indeed but you have to go through the somewhat tedious process :p But yes, in the end merging the ETaC ones is very much worth it, they take up so many slots otherwise!

Edited by Pretendeavor
  • +1 1

actually it will open in ck without esmifying. prolly a change in the newer version of the script. as i've mentioned before the guide is outdated.

EDIT:
After checking my merged file it seems to spout errors, so i've followed guide, esmified files, but also set merger to not to renumber formids, deleted navmesh info and rebuilt it in ck.

result: error checks ok

So i've run some tests.

Old patch:

• no esmify
  • renumbered form id's
  • removed navmesh
  • rebuilt navmesh in ck

still errors.

New patch:

• merged without esmify
  • no renumbered form id's
  • forgot to remove navmesh
  • rebuilt navmesh in ck

Still Errors

So i guess esmifying was the key after all :)

Good thing thatnks to that i was able to throw in a couple more patches ;)

Edited by ashton

Hope it worked out :) The esmifying has to be done after applying the merge script and deleting the initial Navigation Mesh Info Map record from the merged plugin btw. About the renumbering.. I used the advanced settings Neo uses in his guide for every merge: https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Neovalen/Skyrim_Revisited_-_Legendary_Edition/Mod_Merging. I'm not sure how outdated the method is, I still use the method that has been explained in detail in the Real Explorer's Guide to Skyrim forum. Especially the posts by keithinhanoi are really helpful.

Edited by Pretendeavor
  • +1 1

well i think i'm mostly done with conflict resolution... at least aside from guided i've only added fixes that i knew that won't break the game. If anything goes weird i'll look it up later.. now to generate all stuff and test it in game...

Thanks a lot for help :) I'd prolly spent manyt hours trying to figure out wtf is wrong with my merges ;D

Guys something that you need to remember after esmifying the plugins...

CK does not care what your LOOT/BOSS order is or how you have manually arranged your load order. It loads the esms as per chronological order. So, it is always a very good idea, after having your appropriate esps esmified, to run the "Redate Plugins" feature of LOOT. That sets the appropriate chronological order of your entire LOOT order, keeping all necessary plugins load in CK in your exact LOOT order.

So, you will avoid sorting masters errors where in merged plugins containing navmeshes this may not be a very good thing.

Just my 2 cents!  ::):

Edited by Astakos
  • +1 2

Some MCM mods merge just fine for example the Jaxonz modes.

There is the big utility mod with everything in it. But this adds a lot of clutter to an already crowded MCM menu.

I like 3 of the mods so these are good candidates for a custom mod merge. 

Other thing that have caused me problems are mods with language files. 

If your are pointing the merge script output at the MO override folder make sure it's empty before you run the merge script in xEdit.

Hm i keep getting some crashes quite soon after creating character either a conflict or bad merge, bathing in skyrim didn't merge well with hunterborn patch, or at least it doesnt seem to show mcm... well at least i managed to make it run, and load reasonably fast (skse ini tweak). Prolly gonna take a couple more days before i play it but at least it runs ;D

In case anyone wonder i don't think problem is caused by any of the merged mods. Though i'll prolly double check if i'll still have troubles after i do other things.

Anyway, removed some mods i felt might be causing conflicts or i didn't need that much, gona redo some auto patches and lookup deeper into perma. maybe even add merged patch if needed.

Edited by ashton

In case anyone wonders about my crashers it seems like it's faulty copy&pastes in .ini file ;P

for now only untweaked vanilla doesnt crash at esc in menu. seems some ini lines had spaces where they shouldnt while other ones didn't have where they should have..  manually fixing it, worst case i'll redo whole tweaking.