W3R: The Wild Hunt Revisited (Witcher 3)

Neovalen

Honestly, I have the latest version installed (with all of its requirements) but not in a good place to test if it actually made a visual difference or not. :) Feel free to try and let me know if you get around to it before I do.

Thanks for following up :-). I am not sure if you'd know the answer to this, but in Rootsrat old Witcher 3 guide (the one that was discontinued), he has tweaks for the following commands:

MeshLODDistanceScale=8
MeshRenderingDistanceScale=4

Will those mess up the LOD mod if I use them with it, specifically the 1.6b version? I remember back when the 1.6b LOD was the most current the mod author had said to leave one or both of those at 1 but I can't remember.

Thanks!

Also wanted to list the following issues that I have found that may be of use to you Neo:

1. The mod that removes the water droplets from the screen does not seem to work if you merge it for some reason. It works fine if it's not merged. Might just be for me but I remember others on the mod page saying the same thing.

2. Compilation 3.1 has quite a few bugs. I will list them below:

- Messes up clouds in Toussaint. They look weird, like 2D. Someone on the mod page made a fix but others say it still doesn't work completely.

- Some campfires are bugged and the logs glow pure white with wood/ember textures missing. 

- Some NPC helmets/armor textures are bugged. I don't know what the exact mesh/texture is but it makes a matte grey texture show up as a weird camouflage black/green pattern.

- Some magic effects during some quests have a strange flickering effect (i.e. Battle for Kaer Morhen).

The author of compilation basically disappeared and it's unknown if that mod is supported. Myself and others I talked to on the mod page suggest using version 1.0 until Ranccoid fixes these bugs.

Edited by DoYouEvenModBro

Also I have the graphical options appaearing twice in succession in my game.

I am not positive but I have a feeling that the female skin issue is probably from Compilation 3.1. In fact, I don't know what else it would be from if not that. Like I said in my post above, Compilation 3.1 has a ton of small graphical bugs that kind of ruin the mod. I would suggest using v1.0 to see if the problems go away. You can also try the 3.1 version without cosmetics.

As for the double graphics settings, i'm pretty sure that's something to do with HD Reworked 4.6. The mod author has a sticky note in the comments that says how to fix it. might be on the mod page too. I think it's caused by having two rendering.ini or rendering.xml files by accident.

Edited by DoYouEvenModBro

Doing well, just busy with life and trying to relax the little time I do get to play games.  Gotta say I kind of miss the social aspect of up keeping the guide but damned if it wasn't time consuming. Need to find some people to actually PLAY games with... lol. :)

Recently finished:

South Park: The Stick of Truth

Been playing the following as of late to varying degrees:

Battlefield 1 / TSNP Xpac

Divinity: Original Sin EE

Gwent: The Witcher Card Game

Mass Effect: Andromeda

The Witcher 3

Looking forward (100%) in the near future for:

Battlefield 1: In the name of the Tsar

EA Star Wars: Battlefront 2

XCOM2: War of the Chosen

On the "wait and see" or "wait for sale" list:

Assassins Creed: Origins

Divinity: Original Sin 2

Middle Earth: Shadow of War

South Park: The Fractured But Whole

Honestly, I have the latest version installed (with all of its requirements) but not in a good place to test if it actually made a visual difference or not. :) Feel free to try and let me know if you get around to it before I do.

I'd be all over Andromeda and BF1 if I had it. Been playing Rainbow Six Siege, Tomb Raider (dang I want Rise of the Tomb Raider), Assasin's Creed 1 and 2, and Valkyria Chronicles myself though having to use a friends spare computer on low so choices limited to what he has installed my computer is all bugged one of the reasons I don't have a skyrim install. Want to play W3 as well and have started getting everything loaded on an external drive to try and prepare for my computer being reborn so this being here is good.

Sigh.

I've been playing this for over 75h now, since when I got a new PC.

I just started Final Preparations, I got spawned in the Inn, and when I turn left the game crashes.

I tried reinstalling game and the mods, but no bueno.

If I wipe the mods directory the game does not crash.

Any idea what's up?

BTW, hi.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Neo.I made an account just to clarify some things
I saw the nvidia guide for TW3.And there are mentioned MORE tweakable options in user settings.
Also shadowcascadade bla bla has some other values

So I was wondering..Your guide is updated with the best option for better visual at lower performance costs?
And are you sure you didn't forgot other tweakable things to point?

HUGE THANKS FOR THE GUIDE.IT'S PERFECT

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...