W3R: The Wild Hunt Revisited (Witcher 3)

Neovalen

Not that I am aware of... what mods are you trying to merge?

Below is a screenshot of my current W3 Mod Merger. Below it is the output from when I add the knife mod. You can see the errors. That is why I was wondering if there is some sort of limit. Let me know what you think!

Current W3 Mod Merger: https://imgur.com/a/UP4EQ

Log with errors from when I add the knife mod: https://pastebin.com/9YE0gNvH

Nice to see the guide consistently updated Neovalen:)
Last time I followed your guide I seem to remember having some trouble with Geralt's hair color having a yellow tint with your suggested mods .

In the end though I seem to remember finding a lighting mod that alleviated the problem, but I can't seem to remember/find the specific mod, do you or anyone else remember a  lighting mod that helps alleviate the yellow hair tint problem?

Below is a screenshot of my current W3 Mod Merger. Below it is the output from when I add the knife mod. You can see the errors. That is why I was wondering if there is some sort of limit. Let me know what you think!

Current W3 Mod Merger: https://imgur.com/a/UP4EQ

Log with errors from when I add the knife mod: https://pastebin.com/9YE0gNvH

Sent you a pastebin of my output via PM. Perhaps your mod tools out of date?

Nice to see the guide consistently updated Neovalen:)

Last time I followed your guide I seem to remember having some trouble with Geralt's hair color having a yellow tint with your suggested mods .

In the end though I seem to remember finding a lighting mod that alleviated the problem, but I can't seem to remember/find the specific mod, do you or anyone else remember a  lighting mod that helps alleviate the yellow hair tint problem?

#1: In general the game has a yellowish tint. That being said, yellow tint was excessive but was fixed by removing the hair files from Lore Friendly Witchers per the current guide. :) Maybe last you tried was before that edit was made?

#2: Glad you are enjoying.

Got an issue with geralt's hair during cutscenes they are stiff

I do not have such issues, which hairstyle is giving you problems?

Sent you a pastebin of my output via PM. Perhaps your mod tools out of date?

#1: In general the game has a yellowish tint. That being said, yellow tint was excessive but was fixed by removing the hair files from Lore Friendly Witchers per the current guide. :) Maybe last you tried was before that edit was made?

#2: Glad you are enjoying.

I do not have such issues, which hairstyle is giving you problems?

uh the very first one

i think it happens with cutscenes on horses.

also the AI seems a bit broken in my game, they lose aggro after a few steps even if I'm fighting someone still is it normal ?

Edited by Monobloc

Just an FYI for anyone using a 21:9 monitor - the uiHorizontalFrameScale tweak no longer seems to be required, even for the non-GOTY version of the game. Also, you need to modify the game executable per the instructions in the following post in order to eliminate black bars in cutscenes and properly expand the in-game FOV:

https://www.wsgf.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=160343#p160343

It's super easy and takes about 30 seconds to do. Without it I was getting a ridiculous amount of image stretching peripherally despite the game resolution being set to 3440x1440.

Everything work as intended.

Only one question: By using your user.settings tweaks, in-game graphical settings i see "Texture Quality - LOW" is that supposed to happen? the Texture quality goes on low?

That's what the UI does when you set things via INI... It's not actually low.

That's what the UI does when you set things via INI... It's not actually low.

Thank you, yes i figured that after a bit, basically setting anizotropy to 0 makes the slider go to LOW, but the anizotropy is managed by the nvidia control panel forced to +16 so basically, the game slider is not important anymore.

One more little question. 

The HD Reworked Project, in the guide is not exactly clear (to me) how we are supposed to install it. I downloaded the manual version as you said, then i installed it using WMM. 

It's ok or it is supposed to be installed by  drag manually the files?

I see the mod does have a mods.settings priority (inside the archive, i found his own mods.settings), but you dont include it at the end of your guide in the mods.settings we create, this is also a bit confusing. Of course i used your instructions and created the mods.settings with only the records you said.

Anyway, everything work charm, Thanks a lot for your guide and your time.

Hiya, I have an issue where I can run the game just fine (no issues at all), but if I save and quit to desktop, then try to start it again it will never actually start up. And then when I click run game again it says it's already running... but nothing is there... >.> The only way I can get it to start again is if I restart my computer... is there some way to fix this? Having to restart my computer is a bit tedious...

Edited by Lightsourced
  • +1 1

Also, I've noticed that my auto-loot isn't looting anything... and I have it setup as per your instructions at the bottom of the guide... not sure if there's something else going on here... any help would be much appreciated, I'm brand new at modding The Witcher, thanks!

• +1 1

I'm having the same problem as Lightsourced, with the exception that restarting my computer only helps sometimes and often I have to start the game 2 or 3 times before it will actually work.  Always runs in the task manager though, I have to end task before trying again.  I am an experienced modder and have tried a whole lot of different things (including scrapping the entire install and starting fresh twice) and I still can't seem to get it to work consistently.  Very frustrating, haven't been able to find a solution yet.

I followed this guide last summer and had a flawless playthrough, wiped my hard drive and decided to start it over but ran into this problem.  The only real difference between installs is I now have it on HDD instead of SSD...wondering if that could effect anything with causing it to hang?  Should probably clear something off my SSD and try that again...see ya Andromeda, wasn't worth finishing anyway hah!

• +1 1

Not sure if this is a similar issue to Lightsourced and Rune11. I  have followed your guide in the past with great results. Just created a new installation using your current guide.  When I run the game from W3MM it doesnt start. witcher3.exe and TheWitcher3ModManager.exe are running in task manager. I've been trying for ages to get it to work. 

if I disable the mods in the 'People' section of your guide which relate to Geralts appearance them the game runs but I haven't been able to identify exactly what is preventing the game loading up.

Any suggestions I would be very grateful. Please let me know if you require any more information. 

Thanks so much for your work on the guide.