Langleys Textures Workshop

mod

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#16 Neovalen

Neovalen

Talos

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,640 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:57 PM

Many of these textures are quite good and not covered by various mods found in STEP, however many of them don't fit in seamlessly and thats why the mod author posts it as an advanced users texture pack. Many of the wood textures I exclude for example are because the wood is smooth/clean instead of mossy/dirty to the point they stand out in game. Its much the same for other textures I exclude. They are all good quality textures, my selections that I chose fit the most into SR but I did not compare to vanilla, I compared vs SR's previously installed textures where available. (Re-Defined Dungeons, Realistic Instruments, Skyrim HD - 2K Textures, Skyrim Realistic Overhaul, Water and Terrain Enhancement Redux)

#17 phazer11

phazer11

Chatroom Supervisor

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,276 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:30 AM

Does this need compares still?

#18 michaelrw

michaelrw

STEP Contributor

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:07 PM

Does this need compares still?

yeah where do we stand on this?

#19 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,800 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:15 PM

Compares are still needed. Vanilla >> STEP >> Langley

#20 phazer11

phazer11

Chatroom Supervisor

• Super Moderators
  • 3,276 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:33 PM

Right-o taskmaster!

#21 michaelrw

michaelrw

STEP Contributor

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 11:09 PM

ok im gonna wait for phazer to post his so i can see how the seasoned MT does things and maybe I can learn something :D

#22 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,800 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 09:10 PM

Phazer is as new as you. :D lol

#23 phazer11

phazer11

Chatroom Supervisor

• Super Moderators
  • 3,276 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 09:31 PM

HA HA yeah I iz newb tester a perfectionist newb tester but a newb tester nonetheless. Still I am working on STEP install and this will be the first thing I do.

#24 michaelrw

michaelrw

STEP Contributor

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 10:05 PM

oh oops lol.. i just was going by the join date and wrongfully assumed that he'd been an MT at least most of that time :) This is a tough one to do compares for.. i mean basically its one texture at a time? And it's so diverse.

#25 Neovalen

Neovalen

Talos

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,640 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 11:19 PM

oh oops lol.. i just was going by the join date and wrongfully assumed that he'd been an MT at least most of that time :)

This is a tough one to do compares for.. i mean basically its one texture at a time? And it's so diverse.

Pretty much... it took me forever to look at them and do the checking for SR. By looking at the file structure you can pretty much tell the areas the textures might appear, so might want to try them in groups.

#26 michaelrw

michaelrw

STEP Contributor

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 11:36 PM

oh oops lol.. i just was going by the join date and wrongfully assumed that he'd been an MT at least most of that time :)

This is a tough one to do compares for.. i mean basically its one texture at a time? And it's so diverse.

Pretty much... it took me forever to look at them and do the checking for SR. By looking at the file structure you can pretty much tell the areas the textures might appear, so might want to try them in groups.

yeah i noticed that, but wasnt sure how detailed i would need to be. I mean, is it absolutely necessary to compare each individual texture from this mod to its counterpart in current STEP?? or can we get away with just getting some nice shots of scenes that have a significant number of these textures in use?

#27 phazer11

phazer11

Chatroom Supervisor

• Super Moderators
  • 3,276 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 11:37 PM

You know we need set locations to test these kinds of things... Aiyen I request you use your sorcerer's powers and find the locations of (some) of the textures via your TES5Edit voodoo. Please O mighty one.!

#28 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • 11,800 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 01:24 AM

Personally, what I would do is to head on over to Neo's SR Guide and only compare the textures that he includes.

#29 torminater

torminater

Dragon Prince

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:42 AM

Building on others' work is usually a lot more efficient ;-)

#30 Aiyen

Aiyen

Dragon King

• Super Moderators
  • 3,536 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:09 AM

These textures are used quite a bit in interiors and in cities... so testing them will most likely take place in those regions. If the folder structure has the name "solitude" in it.. then it is not hard to figure out where to test them! :P Not much voodoo magic about that bit! ;)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: testing, mod

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users