Langleys Textures Workshop

frihyland

• 3 weeks later...

Yes. He also completly removed the previous version so it's going to be a bit of a pain for Neo to reevaluate.

if anyone needs the old version i can try to find a way to get it to you

Hey I am installing Skyrim Revisited (after having used STEP successfully for half a year) and got to the point of having to install Langleys Workshop. Therefore I would like to ask you if you could get me a version 1.4 + 1.4a update. I'm afraid that using v 1.5 will give me issues, and I also checked in the legendary guide but it says that this section is still being updated.

Would appreciate it a lot as it would allow me to continue and complete Skyrim Revisited!

Hi fellow modders,

I've been scouring the internet for 2 days trying to find Version 1.4 (+1.4a update) of Langeleys Wood Metal and Stone Textures Workshop for my Skyrim Revisited installation. The author has removed this version from Nexus. 

Using a newer version is impossible because it includes additional textures and the Revisited guide only tells us which files NOT to install. I checked the legendary edition but the section on this mod is not finished yet. 

Please help! If someone could upload Version 1.4 + 1.4a update for me to e.g. mediafire or simply send it via gmail (depending on package size) I would be eternally grateful! I'm sure one of you out there has it stored on the computer :) 

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Step Community,

How is the progress on the comparison shots for this mod.

Is the team still in the process of making this happen or have we decided to postpone this decision

It's gone no where. I had a list of spots to do the compares at but I lost them at some point during the process of filming my documentary. Neovalen and William were making a list last I heard, but honestly I think this mod got lost in the hustle of everything. We've been trying to trim down the mod lists and there's been a lot going on. As soon as I get a list of locations I should be able to do some compares.

Well, since I got some free time, Ill try the clutter & furniture pack and do some screenshots to the best of my ability.

Will most likely only do vanilla & Langley first and maybe incorporate some of steps mods in the future.

PS: Before I start, how would I figure out what some of the NIF files means.

For example: rug01, rug02, rug03

How would I know where these nif are in the game.

Is there a way to find out where rug01 is located and so on? or do i just blindly look for every rug and take a screenshots?

Well, since I got some free time, Ill try the clutter & furniture pack and do some screenshots to the best of my ability.

Will most likely only do vanilla & Langley first and maybe incorporate some of steps mods in the future.

PS: Before I start, how would I figure out what some of the NIF files means.

For example: rug01, rug02, rug03

How would I know where these nif are in the game.

Is there a way to find out where rug01 is located and so on? or do i just blindly look for every rug and take a screenshots?

Thank you stepping up and doing this. I'm going to just be honest so please don't take it the wrong way, because I appreciate any help we can get while most of the team is MIA. Without the STEP compare in the mix the shots will basically be of no use. If you use MO, it's very easy to set up profiles for quick compares.

This mod is a massive undertaking so no one has done it yet. It will likely be put on hold until all compares are posted.

Noble Furniture Bed (textures\furniture\noble\noblefurnbed01.dds & textures\furniture\noble\noblefurnbed01_n.dds)

Vanilla                                        Step (Tobes)                                   Langley

Posted Image         Posted Image          Posted Image

Noble Table      (textures\furniture\noble\noblefurntable01.dds & textures\furniture\noble\noblefurntable01_n.dds)

Wooden Chairs (textures\furniture\woodenchair01.dds & textures\furniture\woodenchair01_n.dds)

Vanilla                                        Step (Tobes)                                  Langley

Posted Image        Posted Image           Posted Image

Vanilla                                        Step (Tobes)                                  Langley                             

Posted Image         Posted Image           Posted Image

Noble Chest (textures\furniture\noble\noblefurnchest01.dds & textures\furniture\noble\noblefurnchest01_n.dds)

Vanilla                                        Step (Tobes)                                   Langley

Posted Image        Posted Image            Posted Image

First time doing these comparison shots, so hopefully this is the correct way.

PS: Took your advice techangel and also included the step version also

Once I know I am properly doing this right, ill upload the rest of the furniture comparison shots that I have completed.

Update 1: uploaded table version

Update 2: uploaded chest version

(will also include clutter version either tonight or tomorrow)

It looks like you did it right (nice job btw). Though I wouldn't worry with it I'll just wind up doing everything again to make sure. I'm anal about these (did you see the list of compares I did for aMidianBorn Caves, Hectrols, Snow and Rocks HD, The Beauty of Skyrim, and Vanilla; link? It was something like 250 compares :-P). William Imm is going to remind Neovalen and get me something to work with.

It looks like you did it right (nice job btw). Though I wouldn't worry with it I'll just wind up doing everything again to make sure. I'm anal about these (did you see the list of compares I did for aMidianBorn Caves Hectrols, Snow and Rocks HD, The Beauty of Skyrim, and Vanilla; link? It was something like 250 compares :-P). William Imm is going to remind Neovalen and get me something to work with.

Thanks for the compliment phazer11.

Ill defiantly check out the link and see your hard work in this brutal field of comparison testing =)