Langleys Textures Workshop

frihyland

Ladies & Gentleman, Here are some more comparison shots for Langleys Furniture & Clutter Pack. Enjoy !

Linen (textures\clutter\ruins\ruinslinen01.dds & textures\clutter\ruins\ruinslinen01_n.dds &

textures\clutter\ruins\ruinslinen02.dds & textures\clutter\ruins\ruinslinen02_n.dds)

Vanilla                                      Step                                       Langley

Posted Image     Posted Image    Posted Image

Bloody Rag (textures\clutter\bloodyrags\bloodyrags.dds & textures\clutter\bloodyrags\bloodyrags_n.dds)

Vanilla                                      Step                                       Langley

Posted Image     Posted Image     Posted Image

Display Case (textures\clutter\displaycase.dds & textures\clutter\displaycase_m.dds & textures\clutter\displaycase_n.dds)

Vanilla                                    Step                                         Langley

Posted Image    Posted Image      Posted Image

Posted Image    Posted Image      Posted Image

My Opinion: I would like to propose the removal of Steps current mod called Smudged glass.

By looking at the display case comparison shots, one can clearly see that the background does not match the vanilla background.

In addition, the vanilla version in my opinion looks alot better, while langley just seems out of place.

Personal Note: I will be adding a good amount of new comparison shots in the clutter & furniture pack tomorrow afternoon, so get ready for some new pics.

Anyway, Have a great night.

Well I'm torn. For my personal use I'd likely use Langley's because I don't know about you but all of the carpenter's I've met (only two) take great pride in their work and making it not only functional but decorative and I believe Langley captures this. I don't like current STEP in the compares provided so far. I like Langley's bed sheets as well. Also does anyone else feel that it seems unlike Langley to not retexture the interior walls as well (they look pretty **** bad in all of the shots)?

Well I'm torn. For my personal use I'd likely use Langley's because I don't know about you but all of the carpenter's I've met (only two) take great pride in their work and making it not only functional but decorative and I believe Langley captures this. I don't like current STEP in the compares provided so far. I like Langley's bed sheets as well. Also does anyone else feel that it seems unlike Langley to not retexture the interior walls as well (they look pretty **** bad in all of the shots)?

The reasoning why the walls haven't been used with Langley's texture, is because I am currently testing only the clutter & furniture pack.

Having all of the packs in Langley's would be too much at the moment, so I am taking it slow by doing the packs one by one, instead of doing them all at once.

I guess, you can say that the screenshots for the first couple will be specific to the furniture & clutter pack only.

In addition, Langley himself stated that we should not install all of his packs, but instead pick and choose the textures that we enjoy.

I am hoping to do justice by that statement by doing comparison shots for specific items that the community can decide whether or not it should be accepted or denied.

The Long Awaited Kitchen Clutter Is Here  =) . Enjoy!

Pots (textures\clutter\kitchen\castironpotmedium01.dds

textures\clutter\kitchen\castironpotmedium01_n.dds

textures\clutter\kitchen\castironpotsmall01.dds

textures\clutter\kitchen\castironpotsmall01_n.dds)

Vanilla                                       Step                                          Langley

Posted Image       Posted Image      Posted Image 

Vanilla                                       Step                                          Langley

Posted Image       Posted Image      Posted Image

Wooden Ladle (textures\clutter\kitchen\woodenladle01.dds

textures\clutter\kitchen\woodenladle01_n.dds)

Posted Image       Posted Image      Posted Image

OMG I love Langleys spoon heh

UPDATE:BONUS

Rugs (textures\clutter\common\rug01.dds)

Posted Image      Posted Image     Posted Image

Smelter ( textures\clutter\smelter\smelter01.dds

textures\clutter\smelter\smelter01_n.dds )

Vanilla & Step                            Langley

Posted Image      Posted Image   

Also, let me know what you guys think about the comparisons. I personally would like to add the ladle (spoon) and bloody rags guaranteed. Still undecided on the other textures.

Personal Note: Surprisingly I am almost done with the clutter & furniture pack =)

Also, I must say that Langley does indeed change his textures to something more decorative like phazer stated before me. Not sure if Step is willing to consider this in their decision or if its all about enhancing the vanilla look.

Personal Request: Can anyone help me figure out what these dds mean

textures\clutter\bookflats01.dds

textures\clutter\gold01.dds

textures\clutter\goldtrim01.dds

textures\clutter\common\iron01.dds

Thanks

Booksflats01 is the books setting on shelves that are not readable.

Gold01 is the gold texture on gold items such as goblets.

Goldtrim01 is the trim around the top of those gold items.

The iron is the cast iron "iron" found in the game. You'll usually find it setting on a shelf in a home somewhere.

Booksflats01 is the books setting on shelves that are not readable.

Gold01 is the gold texture on gold items such as goblets.

Goldtrim01 is the trim around the top of those gold items.

The iron is the cast iron "iron" found in the game. You'll usually find it setting on a shelf in a home somewhere.

Thanks alot for the information Tech, Ill get on those textures either by tonight or tomorrow

I don't like Langleys versions in the most recent compares above. Cast iron is way too bumpy and brownish. I think the spelter desperately needs a retex, but I think that Langley should have stayed more to the mesh improvement following the vanilla style ... same with the texture. Vanilla concept is better (IMO), but the mesh/textures are pretty bad.

I like the STEP pots and ladle (Tobes).

Based on OP shot compares, the only textures from Langley that appeal to me were the bed and the ragged cloth. For the rest, I prefer vanilla/STEP. Saying that though. a few shots were too dark to properly see the object and I'd probably need to see the items in game myself.

Based on OP shot compares the only textures from Langley that appeal to me were the bed and the ragged cloth. For the rest, I prefer vanilla/STEP. Saying that though. a few shots were too dark to properly see the object and I'd probably need to see the items in game myself.

I'll be doing my usual OCD compares (somewhat like I did with the cave compares) when I get done with the DDSOpt video and will make sure the places I choose have good lighting. Hey... maybe I can trim another 10 minutes or so off the video (I doubt I could cut yet another 20 minutes off the length we'll see). Anyways this will be my next mission.