DoubleYou

So, this may be strange but, do you think, that in the future, a "EnbLocalIniEditor" could be done?
Maybe as part of the BethIni?
As i understand, almost everyone that doesn't use ENBs, at least use ENBoost to fix somethings up.
So, with that in mind, could be useful to add an editor in BethIni that could help to make the edits in Enblocal.ini, with some presets, for exemple, a spot to put your VRAM, a spot to put your RAM, your OS and the editor could give the optimal, or the community optimal memory for the ENBLocal.
As well as BethIni, identifing the existence of an ENBLocal.Ini, it could already make some changes, like unticking VSync in the Fallout Inis and making ENBoost take the handle of that.

IF that has already been said before, sorry for double posting >_<

Also!
The Recomended Tweaks for F04, changes this option in Fallout4Pref.ini
bComputeShaderDeferredTiledLighting

In my computer, and in other it seems, it makes some shadow bugs.
I found that using the Recomended Tweaks, it will set it as on. 
But for anyone having problems with complete black shadows after using BethIni, should go to Fallout4Pref.Ini, and turn this "bComputeShaderDeferredTiledLighting" off.

When i use this tool to change some settings in the nehrim overhaul for oblivion, the next time i try to change settings in the nehrim launcher i throws up in my face and tries to force me to wipe my ini's and start over with fresh ones. i am able to reproduce the issue by creating ini's in the nehrim launcher, saving and closing the launcher, then opening bethini set up for oblivion as i saw no setting specifically for nehrim and immediately save and quit without changing anything, then re-open the nehrim launcher go to settings, and enjoy the digital vomit, ???, PROFIT!!!

what i would like to know is... is it safe to ignore the thing with the nehrim launcher and just play the game, or should i avoid bethini for my nehrim setup?

i would think it would be safe as i've seen in multiple pages for this tool saying it has support for nehrim, so i'm thinking i just went full ****** and missed a step somewhere... lol

Hello, at first my english is not very good, sorry for this.

I noticed what SSE "bVolumetricLightingDisableInterior=0" (Bethini ultra preset is set it to 0) is little buged.

I have clean SSE with "Alternate Start - Live Another Life", reshade and vanila default Ultra setting with bVolumetricLightingDisableInterior=0.

If you try open map in any interior with "bVolumetricLightingDisableInterior=0" this interior will be looks different (i think without Volumetric Lighting)

For example, before "open map"

https://i.imgur.com/56bEJfL.jpg

after "open map"

https://i.imgur.com/ovFdE87.jpg

in dark dungeons it is noticeable even more.

Edited by oing

• 1 month later...

All of the below is for Original Skyrim / Skyrim 2011 / OG Skyrim / whatever we call the thing that today's version of STEP is for.

Note: tooltip for "Remove Grass" checkbox on the "Visuals" tab suggests that it only toggles bDrawShaderGrass.  It also toggles bAllowCreateGrass.

Hi, this is pretty insignificant but would it be possible to extend the size of the groupbox at some point? I run BethINI for the standard edition of Skyrim. I don't know if this occurs within the special edition of BethINI. Whenever Dynamic Trees are ticked both the Tree Animations and Skinned Trees options kind of flicker over each other when moving the cursor over them. Don't know if that was intended or not.

I've had the same problem too.  I'm able to work around it by tabbing through the section and using the spacebar to check / uncheck.

@DoubleYou, I was able to fix this in BethINI.ahk without it looking like crap by bumping up the starting y-values of everything in this section by 20, starting at line 1479 in the source file that was distributed with 2.5 (underlined my 6 changes, including a pedantic x-value shift on the first line so it lines up with the others in this section apparently the WYSIWYG editor isn't actually showing me what it's actually going to look like... L1479, I changed the x and y... all other lines with y-values, I changed just the y)

Gui, Add, Checkbox, vTreeAnimations gTreeAnimations x253 y239 , Tree Animations
		TreeAnimations_TT := "Toggles tree animations.`n`n[Trees]`nfUpdateBudget"
		TreeAnimations := Round(getSettingValue("Trees", "fUpdateBudget", blank, "1.5"),1)
		if TreeAnimations > 0
			TreeAnimations = 1
		else
			TreeAnimations = 0
		GuiControl,, TreeAnimations, %TreeAnimations%
		Gui, Add, Text, x259 y269 , Tree Detail Fade
		Gui, Add, DropDownList, vTreeDetailFade gTreeDetailFade x353 y265 w90 , 
		TreeDetailFade_TT := "Controls the distance at which tree detail fades.`n`n[Display]`nfMeshLODLevel1FadeTreeDistance`nfMeshLODLevel2FadeTreeDistance`nfTreesMidLODSwitchDist`nuiMaxSkinnedTreesToRender"
		TreeDetailFade := getTreeDetailFade(Round(getSettingValue("Display", "fMeshLODLevel1FadeTreeDistance", Prefs, "2844"),0), Round(getSettingValue("Display", "fMeshLODLevel2FadeTreeDistance", Prefs, "2048"),0), Round(getSettingValue("Display", "fTreesMidLODSwitchDist", Prefs, "3600"),0), Round(getSettingValue("Trees", "uiMaxSkinnedTreesToRender", Prefs, "40"),0))
		GuiControl,, TreeDetailFade, %TreeDetailFade%
	}
if (gameName = "Fallout 3" or gameName = "Fallout New Vegas" or gameName = "Skyrim" or gameName = "Skyrim Special Edition")
	{
		Gui, Add, Text, x247 y300 , Far-off Tree Distance
		Gui, Add, ComboBox, vFarOffTreeDistance gFarOffTreeDistance x353 y297 w90 , 
		FarOffTreeDistance_TT := "Sets the distance that far-off trees are rendered.`n`n[TerrainManager]`nfTreeLoadDistance"
		FarOffTreeDistance := sortNumberedList("12500|25000|40000|75000", Round(getSettingValue("TerrainManager", "fTreeLoadDistance", Prefs, "25000"),0))
		GuiControl,, FarOffTreeDistance, %FarOffTreeDistance%
	}

@KRIN3X

-Two different things = ) F4SE doesn't affect your .ini files and BethINI only affects your .ini files (as far as I know you mad men). They will work perfectly fine together.

-BethINI is going to alter your .ini files depending on what you choose. If your mods have specific .ini requirements double check the .ini's after using BethINI. 

-Like with any mod you would install, test your game out after using BethINI. BethINI allows you to make backups that you can revert to if you don't like the changes you've made.

Cool new thing, the JIP NVSE plugin now allows a FalloutCustom.ini file to be used with New Vegas, to override settings in the default ini files. It works exactly like FO4 apparently

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/58277/?

Interesting. I will have to update BethINI so that it recognizes the new file.

Also!

The Recomended Tweaks for F04, changes this option in Fallout4Pref.ini

bComputeShaderDeferredTiledLighting

In my computer, and in other it seems, it makes some shadow bugs.

I found that using the Recomended Tweaks, it will set it as on. 

But for anyone having problems with complete black shadows after using BethIni, should go to Fallout4Pref.Ini, and turn this "bComputeShaderDeferredTiledLighting" off.

This is not turned on with Recommended Tweaks. It is simply the default value copied from the Fallout 4 default configuration file. What I should do is make a toggle to turn this off. It doesn't cause any problems on my computer.

All of the below is for Original Skyrim / Skyrim 2011 / OG Skyrim / whatever we call the thing that today's version of STEP is for.

Note: tooltip for "Remove Grass" checkbox on the "Visuals" tab suggests that it only toggles bDrawShaderGrass.  It also toggles bAllowCreateGrass.

Fixed in my dev build.

Hi, this is pretty insignificant but would it be possible to extend the size of the groupbox at some point? I run BethINI for the standard edition of Skyrim. I don't know if this occurs within the special edition of BethINI. Whenever Dynamic Trees are ticked both the Tree Animations and Skinned Trees options kind of flicker over each other when moving the cursor over them. Don't know if that was intended or not.

Also would increasing Post Load Update Time have a better impact on performance for the game? I happen to run quite a few mods that reduce the size of textures, meshes, and particles in-game or even remove some effects altogether. I pretty much have my BethINI settings to medium or lower and the view distance and load distance is pretty short generally. But I still get some stuttering as well as FPS hits in weird places like inside of cells for some reason, I feel like the open world area would or at least should give me more issues than indoors...

Oh, I happen to use Wrye Bash and BethINI, but I dunno if that's important...

I have the Dynamic Trees issue fixed in my dev build. As for Post Load Update Time, it affects scripts that might startup at initial load time, giving it a few extra seconds head start if you will, so there is no benefit in increasing it in regards to textures, meshes, etc.

I was trying to wait for the antivirus companies used by Virustotal to clear up their false positives by submitting my file for analysis as such, but they are foreign antiviruses and I suppose they might not understand English very well, so I will just have to upload it anyway.

Just wanted to say thanks for putting this together.  I remember when I first did a STEP: Extended install, about 2 years ago, and it was rock solid in terms of stability but the z-fighting was still terrible.  Now, with BethINI, the z-fighting is not really noticeable unless you're looking carefully for it.

However, I do get shimmering (not flickering like z-fighting) snow textures on distant mountains - do you know what causes this?

Uploaded version 2.5.1

-Bugfix: If the Mod Organizer path was not found, and the user browsed to its location, INI Path would not be updated to include the profiles indicated by the Mod Organizer path, and could also display items duplicated.
-Bugfix: Skinned Trees and Tree Animations are no longer on top of each other (Thanks synthtech0).
-Bugfix: Remove Grass tooltip now correctly indicates that it changes bAllowCreateGrass and bAllowLoadGrass as necessary in Skyrim, Skyrim Special Edition, and Fallout 4.
-Decided to upload the utility to the relevant Nexus site for each game to make it easier for people who have never heard of it to find.

This likely will be the final update to this utility. Source code, like always, is found in the source folder.

Just wanted to say thanks for putting this together.  I remember when I first did a STEP: Extended install, about 2 years ago, and it was rock solid in terms of stability but the z-fighting was still terrible.  Now, with BethINI, the z-fighting is not really noticeable unless you're looking carefully for it.

However, I do get shimmering (not flickering like z-fighting) snow textures on distant mountains - do you know what causes this?

I worked hard trying to eliminate z-fighting. I just simply arrived at the conclusion that it was impossible, and have implemented a solution that makes it mostly unnoticeable. As for the shimmering, I would expect that it is z-fighting. Otherwise, I am unaware of any issue with distant snow on distant mountains.

I worked hard trying to eliminate z-fighting. I just simply arrived at the conclusion that it was impossible, and have implemented a solution that makes it mostly unnoticeable. As for the shimmering, I would expect that it is z-fighting. Otherwise, I am unaware of any issue with distant snow on distant mountains.

All good. Now I just roleplay that it’s the sun shimmering on the mountaintops.