• Please log in to reply
725 replies to this topic

#721 JimmyBoi

JimmyBoi

Prisoner

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 12:51 AM

Hey DoubleYou. I love what you have done for the Bethesda community. I swear to BethINI with Skyrim because it has made performance tweaking a whole lot easier (it even allows customisation of things I didn't even know could be changed). That being said, I have a problem (and I am not talking about my Skyrim addiction xD).

I have recently bought Fallout 4 and I have not even gotten around to starting the game yet because I end up getting like 20fps during the intro scene using the Graphics Presets available ingame. I decided to try out BethINI on FO4 but the changes seem to make the game crash when I get to the intro scene.

I have checked my FO4 installation and validated the files but it all comes back to "When I optimise the INI files with BethINI, the game crashes at the intro scene". I kept denying the facts before me for about 3 hours because BethINI has saved my ass so many times with Skyrim that I couldn't believe it was the source of the issue...

I am using the latest BethINI version (incase you need to know that).

#722 DoubleYou

DoubleYou

Wiki Stepper

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,471 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 09:45 PM

Restoring the ini files fixes the issue? What are your system specs and please post your ini files either in spoiler tags or on Pastebin.

#723 GhostGSJ

GhostGSJ

Prisoner

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 12:00 PM

Hello.

Hopefully I've come to the right place to report problems and questions about BethINI! Firstly, thank you - it's a great tool. Now on to the problems...

1. When FPS (the physics tweak) is set to something other than 60 and the changes are saved, the next time you load BethINI it miscalculates the FPS value.

2. The Disable Tutorials tweak doesn't work (I'm playing on a controller, in case that matters).

3. The Intro Music tweak resets itself every time BethINI is loaded, regardless of what it was previously set to.

4. Is there some reason why BethINI doesn't tweak uLargeRefLODGridSize? AFAIK this is a safe tweak.

5. It would be nice to have the option to set iVSyncPresentInterval=2. I can do it myself, of course, but BethINI would feel a little more complete if that were included. On a 60Hz screen you can get a perfect 30fps lock with

iVSyncPresentInterval=2

bFull Screen=1 (the above tweak doesn't always play nicely with WDDM)

bLockFrameRate=0 (setting this to 1 can cause problems when running at 30fps, it's really only for people targeting 60)

iFPSClamp=30 (PC needs to be capable of maintaining a locked 30fps, obviously)

#724 DoubleYou

DoubleYou

Wiki Stepper

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,471 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:08 AM

Hello.

Hopefully I've come to the right place to report problems and questions about BethINI! Firstly, thank you - it's a great tool. Now on to the problems...

1. When FPS (the physics tweak) is set to something other than 60 and the changes are saved, the next time you load BethINI it miscalculates the FPS value.

2. The Disable Tutorials tweak doesn't work (I'm playing on a controller, in case that matters).

3. The Intro Music tweak resets itself every time BethINI is loaded, regardless of what it was previously set to.

4. Is there some reason why BethINI doesn't tweak uLargeRefLODGridSize? AFAIK this is a safe tweak.

5. It would be nice to have the option to set iVSyncPresentInterval=2. I can do it myself, of course, but BethINI would feel a little more complete if that were included. On a 60Hz screen you can get a perfect 30fps lock with

iVSyncPresentInterval=2
bFull Screen=1 (the above tweak doesn't always play nicely with WDDM)
bLockFrameRate=0 (setting this to 1 can cause problems when running at 30fps, it's really only for people targeting 60)
iFPSClamp=30 (PC needs to be capable of maintaining a locked 30fps, obviously)

1. I noticed this bug the other day and will try to fix it.
2. I will have to investigate this one.
3. This one I will have to look at too.
4. Never got a round tuit.
5. In my testing, this didn't work like that. I suppose it must affect different systems differently. Therefore, I don't think that I will support it. I will test your settings, however.

#725 GhostGSJ

GhostGSJ

Prisoner

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:27 AM

OK cool.

Also, I found a nice new tweak - well new to me anyway and it's not in BethINI so I mention it in case you want to add it:

SkyrimPrefs.ini
[Display]
iReflectionResolutionDivider=1 (default is 2)

Greatly improves quality of screen space reflections by rendering them at full resolution instead of half res. Difference isn't very noticeable in vanilla game but night and day with a water overhaul installed. HTH.
Thanks again for the tool :)

Edited by GhostGSJ, Yesterday, 11:30 AM.

#726 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,058 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:32 AM

@DoubleYou,

If you are still working on BethINI some you might want to take note of this: http://forum.step-pr...nc-settings-be/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fallout3, fallout4, fallout_nv, oblivion, doubleyou, ini, skyrimse

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users