#781 DoubleYou

DoubleYou

Wiki Stepper

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,499 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 08:11 AM

Hi all, quick question I hope someone might have to answer to,

Im doing an archer playthrough and want to hit some long range shots. Is "fVisibleNavmeshMoveDist" still the ini tweak for long range shots, or is it now "fLodFadeOutMultActors"? I ask because the prior no longer exists in my .ini after using BethINI. If it is now "fLodFadeOutMultActors" should the deafault of 15 be okay for long range shots? (I run a lot of mods that add actors such as immersive patrols/warzones and dont want to set it too high if I dont have to in order to avoid potential lag)

Thank you for this great tool!

fVisibleNavmeshMoveDist is the tweak you want, but it is also included in the Unofficial Skyrim Patch, so you probably already have it.

#782 DoubleYou

DoubleYou

Wiki Stepper

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,499 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 08:30 AM

So with regards to Fallout 4, are the following Fallout4.ini tweaks even viable

iNumHWThreads=x (x=number of threads on cpu)
bMultiThreadedAccumulation=1 (some sites suggest turning it up to 8, others say put it at 0)
bMultiThreadedRenderingUNP=1 (same as above)

Does anyone know if the HWThreads line is useful and/or working and more importantly what changing the other 2 settings values do ?

iNumHWThreads may be useful if you have more than 4 hardware threads on your CPU, but testing hasn't been done to confirm this. Default value is 4.

bMultiThreadedAccumulation and bMultiThreadedRenderingUNP are Boolean settings. A value of 1 is on. A value of 0 is off. Default value is 1. I would recommend leaving them on. Increasing the number beyond 1 will make the value become invalid, so the game will use the default value of 1.

There are several more bMultiThreaded- tweaks of interest, but testing hasn't proven them to be useful:

bMultiThreadedRendering=0
bMultiThreadedRenderingDFL=0
bMultiThreadedRenderingFWD=0
bMultiThreadedRenderingPPLD=0
bMultiThreadedRenderingPPM=0

The default values are 0, off. In testing on my old laptop, it caused severe graphical issues, but they don't seem to have that effect on my current rig. Here is a quote of what I discovered early on with my laptop and had difficulty for reference.

It seems there are some experimental multithreaded rendering settings included:

Fallout4.ini

[Display]
bMultiThreadedRendering=0
bMultiThreadedRenderingDFL=0
bMultiThreadedRenderingFWD=0
bMultiThreadedRenderingPPLD=0
bMultiThreadedRenderingPPM=0
bMultiThreadedRenderingUNP=1
bMultiThreadedRendering toggles any or all of the bMultiThreadedRendering- settings, which is disabled by default. Testing each of these out, I found the following:

bMultiThreadedRenderingDFL disables a bunch of objects, improving performance tremendously, but making the game unplayable simply because you can't see much.

bMultiThreadedRenderingFWD disables, at a minimum, all the glass panes in the windows. It probably disables other effects, but that was all I noticed. It comes with a slight performance increase, but invariably is a buggy setting.

bMultiThreadedRenderingPPLD causes weird flashing of the lights, which is unbearable.

bMultiThreadedRenderingPPM kills the game. You can't move, and everything is all graphically messed up.

bMultiThreadedRenderingUNP seems to be the only one that doesn't cause buggy graphics. I can't see a performance improvement, however, so it might just be internally disabled.

So, if there is any performance improvement available by means of this discussion (which remains to be found), it will be with this setting (since bMultiThreadedRenderingUNP is set to 1 by default):

Fallout4.ini
[Display]
bMultiThreadedRendering=1
Please experiment and see if this doesn't cause issues or improve performance somehow.

#783 pc1

pc1

Prisoner

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 11:00 AM

fVisibleNavmeshMoveDist is the tweak you want, but it is also included in the Unofficial Skyrim Patch, so you probably already have it.

Aha I see, "Arrows do not cause damage at long range even if they appear to have hit the target. This is due to an internal distance check in the game that is wrong. This issue has now been fixed through the use of an "ini snippet" which is now included with the USKP distribution."  

Not to make you repeat yourself but does the line still need to exist in the .ini?  (I only ask because I'm unsure of if what an "ini snippet" is, I assume it inserted a line into the .ini during installation but I have no idea.  Mainly out of curiously I guess, I put the fVisibleNavmeshMoveDist back in just because for now)

Thank you it is much appreciated.

#784 Greg

Greg

Dragonborn

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 11:59 AM

When you install Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch, you'll see it includes Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.ini with these settings:

Note that this comes from the 3.0.9 version of the patch I currently have installed. I really need to update to 3.0.12 soon.

#785 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,278 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 12:07 PM

Aha I see, "Arrows do not cause damage at long range even if they appear to have hit the target. This is due to an internal distance check in the game that is wrong. This issue has now been fixed through the use of an "ini snippet" which is now included with the USKP distribution."  

Not to make you repeat yourself but does the line still need to exist in the .ini?  (I only ask because I'm unsure of if what an "ini snippet" is, I assume it inserted a line into the .ini during installation but I have no idea.  Mainly out of curiously I guess, I put the fVisibleNavmeshMoveDist back in just because for now)

Thank you it is much appreciated.

When you install Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch, you'll see it includes Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.ini with these settings:

Note that this comes from the 3.0.9 version of the patch I currently have installed. I really need to update to 3.0.12 soon.

To add to what Greg said, having this INI included while using MO or WB, will overwrite any INI setting you have in your default INIs. Therefore, including this in your default INI is not necessary. You'll always have those tweaks in your game from USLEEP as long as another mod doesn't overwrite them with its own INI tweaking.

#786 pc1

pc1

Prisoner

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 04:04 PM

Thank you for the insight guys, Im using NMM for SE like a scrub since returning to Skyrim (MO was giving me lots of issues with permissions that I didnt feel like solving at the time)  

You learn something new every day, especially when you're modding Skyrim.  Regards!

#787 alt3rn1ty

alt3rn1ty

Thane

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 04:35 PM

To add to what Greg said, having this INI included while using MO or WB, will overwrite any INI setting you have in your default INIs. Therefore, including this in your default INI is not necessary. You'll always have those tweaks in your game from USLEEP as long as another mod doesn't overwrite them with its own INI tweaking.

And to add even more to what Greg and TechAngel said :

Where two mods have their own Mod INI's, and both INI's contain the same tweak, the value of the later loading mods ini tweak wins

So you can override both with your own if you are not happy with what mods are doing to your setup ..

Add a "Bashed Patch, 0.ini", and in this INI set your own tweak which will win because the associated Bashed Patch, 0.esp should always load last, putting its ini also in last position in your Load Order.

#788 pc1

pc1

Prisoner

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 09:17 PM

I am new to bashed patches and had no idea you could do that.  Very useful information thank you all! Im sure I'll be back with more noob questions in the future, but finally ready to jump back into Skyrim for the first time in a few years :feelsgoodman:  :woot:

#789 Avastgard

Avastgard

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 08:15 PM

Please, I urge you to make a similar program to optimize Kingdom Come: Deliverance. It's a great game and I had been waiting for ages to play it, but when it finally got launched, I realized how horribly optimized it is and I can barely play it, even with a 6GB GTX 1060.

Edited by Avastgard, 17 February 2018 - 08:18 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fallout3, fallout4, fallout_nv, oblivion, doubleyou, ini, skyrimse

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users