fINIp NV (Fallout INI Project New Vegas) by DoubleYou
fINIp NV (Fallout INI Project New Vegas) is an attempt to restore decency to the Fallout New Vegas INI configuration files. Sadly, Obsidian Entertainment screwed up its INIs. You would think that their INI creation method via the FalloutNVLauncher would be completely error free, as how could they mess up what essentially is a simple text file? but it isn't. They are chock full of uh-ah-choo! sneeze-worthy lines.
Enter fINIp NV. We spinned the files that Fallout New Vegas uses to create your presets, twirled them into a sensible order, and whirled away most of the errors. This removes a large portion of the obsolete and redundant lines that the FalloutNVLauncher erroneously applies to the INI files.
- Download the main file.
- Run the installer.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Read any warnings carefully!
- Once the installer has completed, the FalloutNVLauncher will automatically run to generate your new INI files.
- If using Mod Organizer, copy the generated Fallout.ini and FalloutPrefs.ini files to your <ModOrganizer>\profiles\<Profile-Name> directory.
Once this is done, please add any and all desired tweaks, as these are NOT tweaked outside of default tweaks. This mod cleans up the INI creation process. It doesn't add tweaks. Archive Invalidation will need to be redone.
- Replace your Fallout.ini and FalloutPrefs.ini files with the backups you should have made according to the warnings in installation and go to step 3. If you neglected to heed my warnings, verify integrity of game cache and go to step 2.
- Run the FalloutNVLauncher and select your preset.
- If using Mod Organizer, copy the new Fallout.ini and FalloutPrefs.ini from your Documents\My Games\FalloutNV directory to your <ModOrganizer>\profiles\<Profile-Name> directory.
- Eat salt and vinegar chips.