Oblivion Project INI (opINI) by DoubleYou
Oblivion Project INI (opINI) is an attempt to restore decency to the Oblivion INI configuration file. Sadly, Bethesda screwed up its INI. You would think that their INI creation method via the Oblivion Launcher would be completely error free, as how could they mess up what essentially is a simple text file? but it isn't. It is chock full of uh-ah-choo! sneeze-worthy lines.
Enter opINI. We spinned the file that Oblivion uses to create your presets, twirled it into a sensible order, and whirled away most of the errors. This removes a large portion of the obsolete and redundant lines that the Oblivion Launcher erroneously applies to the INI file.
1. Download the main file.
2. Run the installer.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions.
4. Read any warnings carefully!
5. Once the installer has completed, the Oblivion Launcher will automatically run to generate your new INI file.
6. Adjust your screen resolution and other settings as desired like normal.
7. If using Mod Organizer, copy the generated Oblivion.ini file to your <ModOrganizer>\profiles\<Profile-Name> directory.
Once this is done, please add any and all desired tweaks, as these are NOT tweaked outside of default tweaks. This mod cleans up the INI creation process. It doesn't add tweaks. Archive Invalidation will need to be redone.
1. Replace your Oblivion.ini file with the backup you should have made according to the warning in installation and go to step 3. If you neglected to heed my warnings, delete you Oblivion.ini file and go to step 2.
2. Run the Oblivion Launcher and adjust your screen resolution and other settings as desired like normal.
3. If using Mod Organizer, copy the generated Oblivion.ini file to your <ModOrganizer>\profiles\<Profile-Name> directory.
4. Eat salt and vinegar chips.