Photo

SKSE .ini Settings Not Working

Best Answer Greg , 01 October 2015 - 07:45 PM

According to the original post, the skse.ini settings are 768/256 so the first line in Memory Blocks Log should be 512/256 but is 256/256 instead. This seems to indicate either skse_loader.exe isn't running, it isn't finding the skse.ini file, or there's a typo somewhere in the skse.ini that is causing it not to read the entries correctly. I ruled out skse_loader.exe not running because he added the -forcesteamloader argument and (correct me I'm mistaken) Memory Blocks Log doesn't work with skse_loader running.

You know, thinking about this in more depth, is it possible that skse.ini is stored in Unicode format? Seems I ran into an issue a while back with an ini file not being read and I finally figured out the bloody thing was in Unicode instead of ANSI/ASCII.

[General]
ClearInvalidRegistrations=1

[Memory]
DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=768
ScrapHeapSizeMB=256

[Display]
iTintTextureResolution=2048
Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 hishutup

hishutup

Daedric Prince

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,572 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 08:53 PM

Oh, that... That isn't something that I was expecting.
Is that a bug?

Anyway, I'll add it to the op soon

#17 Lagosaurus

Lagosaurus

Prisoner

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 11:14 PM

According to the original post, the skse.ini settings are 768/256 so the first line in Memory Blocks Log should be 512/256 but is 256/256 instead. This seems to indicate either skse_loader.exe isn't running, it isn't finding the skse.ini file, or there's a typo somewhere in the skse.ini that is causing it not to read the entries correctly. I ruled out skse_loader.exe not running because he added the -forcesteamloader argument and (correct me I'm mistaken) Memory Blocks Log doesn't work with skse_loader running.

You know, thinking about this in more depth, is it possible that skse.ini is stored in Unicode format? Seems I ran into an issue a while back with an ini file not being read and I finally figured out the bloody thing was in Unicode instead of ANSI/ASCII.

[General]
ClearInvalidRegistrations=1

[Memory]
DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=768
ScrapHeapSizeMB=256

[Display]
iTintTextureResolution=2048

I was debugging some old code for a colleague that just so happened to be in UCS-2LE and ended up encoding my SKSE.ini file in it. I converted it over to UTF-8 and the ini settings were properly registered. As far as ANSI/ASCII/Unicode goes, SKSE doesn't really care what you throw at it as long as you don't use some archaic encoding method like I did. Thanks for the help.

#18 Neovalen

Neovalen

Talos

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,639 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 11:19 PM

Glad that was figured out, it was a real head scratcher. :)

#19 z929669

z929669

Ixian Inventor

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,245 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 09:36 AM

Placing this into the support forums so that it can be found more easily ... updating OP

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users