[WIP] Merge Plugins Standalone {PUBLIC BETA}

Mator

Question

Merge Plugins Standalone has been publicly released

To get the latest version (v2.1.1) you'll have to download from Nexus Mods. I'll be pushing the new version onto the backend in a few days (I just want to encourage people to download from the Nexus so they can endorse it).

This thread is now effectively closed.

Thanks,

- Mator

Edited by Mator
  • +1 1

Bash Tags can be added with the bash tagging script for xEdit. It's not available on github anymore, but plenty of people have it so just ask.

Making a bash tagger isnt super hard, I could do it but I would need a reliable source of info about tags

I hate when people remove work because the owner abandoned it.

Fireduh... I dont even know his name, appears to have removed all his mods. (I f***ing hate when authors do this)

I think I brought this off topic long enough, I am done.

EDIT: This fellow, fireundubh

I can replace any xEdit script he created, just ask. This means I'll create my own, original script that will always be accessible.

Merging will not carry bash tags over, but you can apply Wrye Bash to a merged plugin just as you can to any other plugin.  Just edit the description and add the bash tags.  I'd add them at the beginning so they don't get truncated by the CK, should you choose to load the plugin in the CK.

I see. Okay.

And what about the script in Tes5Edit, "bash tags autodetector"? Is this script okay for get infos what kinf of Bash Tags should I(we) set via WB for a plugins?

This is, what I mean:

2zp1hko.jpg

[00:29] Background Loader: [sIC-HLE - Merged.esp] Building reference info.

[00:32] Background Loader: finished

Applying script...

{{BASH:Delev,Factions,Invent,Names,Relev}}

[Apply Script done]  Processed Records: 11881, Elapsed Time: 00:02

Is this script reliable?

Thank you!

I see. Okay.

And what about the script in Tes5Edit, "bash tags autodetector"? Is this script okay for get infos what kinf of Bash Tags should I(we) set via WB for a plugins?

This is, what I mean:

2zp1hko.jpg

Applying script...

Is this script reliable?

Thank you!

I see. Okay.

This is, what I mean:

2zp1hko.jpg

Applying script...

Is this script reliable?

Thank you!

That script is okay, but someone wrote a new one for a lot more tags including the ones coming in WB v307+. It got pulled off github because the author went and got all butthurt over something stupid. You can get the script here.

That script is okay, but someone wrote a new one for a lot more tags including the ones coming in WB v307+. It got pulled off github because the author went and got all butthurt over something stupid. You can get the script here.

Thank you EssArrBee!

I've just wanted to ask there are some tags, what the TES5Edit Script suggets, recommend, etc... but I didn't find them in Wrye Bash. These are:

Skyrim Animals Pack - Merged.esp

{{BASH:Factions,Invent,Names}}

I didn't find that kind of tags in Wrye Bash.

I'll check every plugin again with, what I recommended.

Or, maybe Factions and Invent have something else name in Wrye Bash? (appropriate ones)

Thank you! :unworthy:

Those are upcoming tags for the beta versions of WB. They won't harm anything for current stable versions.

"Skyrim Animals Pack - Merged.esp

{{BASH:Factions,Invent,Names}}"

Those tags suggestions are coming from the "old" script.

I've seen the new one recommends more even more tags, and can add them to the esp file? :O

What is the recommendation? Add the tags recommended by the new script via Tes5Edit, or just in Wrye Bash?

I mean, add them to the esp file! With the new script.

15zle9s.jpg

If I am right, the script you have shared with me know (lots of) more bash tags than know Wrye Bash can handle, but not harmless to add those Bash Tags, because Wrye Bash 3.05 does not care with them? (not good, not bad, bud will recognise the ones which knows)

Edited by kranazoli

"Skyrim Animals Pack - Merged.esp

{{BASH:Factions,Invent,Names}}"

Those tags suggestions are coming from the "old" script.

I've seen the new one recommends more even more tags, and can add them to the esp file? :O

What is the recommendation? Add the tags recommended by the new script via Tes5Edit, or just in Wrye Bash?

If I am right, the script you have shared with me know (lots of) more bash tags than know Wrye Bash can handle, but not harmless to add those Bash Tags, because Wrye Bash 3.05 does not care with them? (not good, not bad, bud will recognise the ones which knows)

It knows all those tags because it works for TES4, FO3, FNV, and TES5. Let the script apply them to the esp so Wrye can automatically read them from the plugin header and you don't have to mess with it manually. Just because the current version of WB can't read them doesn't mean it will do any harm and when WB updates it will already have them.

When merging lots of plugins this becomes really important for WB users.

When I tried to merge all plugins from the mod The Choice s Yours (Main file, Dawnguard addon, Dragonborn addon) this happened

Building merge: NewMerge2

Merge is using plugin: TheChoiceIsYours Merged.esp
Merge data path: H:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\ModOrganizer\mods\NewMerge2\
Adding masters...
Done adding masters

Renumbering Conflicting FormIDs
Exception: FormID [02002DAE] in file TheChoiceIsYours.esp refers to master file TheChoiceIsYours.esp which has not been assigned a global load order

Discarding changes to source plugins
  Reloading TheChoiceIsYours.esp from disk
  Reloading TheChoiceIsYours_Dawnguard.esp from disk
  Reloading TheChoiceIsYours_Dragonborn.esp from disk

Merge failed.

What does this mean? I could merge them with the xEdit Script.

Edited by TirigonX

When I tried to merge all plugins from the mod The Choice s Yours (Main file, Dawnguard addon, Dragonborn addon) this happened

What does this mean? I could merge them with the xEdit Script.

Try using a different filename.  Right now your filename is identical up to the space, so there could be something weird happening.  Either that, or something with the file indexes is really wrong.  It could also be a load order issue, if the plugins aren't contiguous.

Edited by Mator

Try using a different filename.  Right now your filename is identical up to the space, so there could be something weird happening.  Either that, or something with the file indexes is really wrong.  It could also be a load order issue, if the plugins aren't contiguous.

I've merged it without any issues:

"Discarding changes to source plugins

Reloading TheChoiceIsYours.esp from disk
  Reloading TheChoiceIsYours_Dawnguard.esp from disk
  Reloading TheChoiceIsYours_Dragonborn.esp from disk

Saving: C:\xxxx\mods\TheChoiceIsYours_MERGED\TheChoiceIsYours_MERGED.esp
Done merging TheChoiceIsYours_MERGED (8.829s)

All done!"

Yeah, sorry about that, it was a load order issue. It had something to do with plugins earlier in my load order that were dependant on one of the merged files. I have to get used to the fact that the standalone version always loads all active plugins.

Edited by TirigonX