SRLE - Explorer's Edition

Talking about border expansions

Folkstead and the Border of Hammerfell by JoopvanDie 

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/58331/?

Haafstad and the Border of High Rock by JoopvanDie 

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/55552/?

Nyhus and the Border of Cyrodiil by JoopvanDie 

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/55551/?

Do you know if the voice acting on these mods is decent? Thwe author says, sarcastically I assume, "As always, terrible voice acting and stupid jokes". 

Hate to be this guy bough how much time you think it well take

No idea to be honest. Currently I am working crazy hours but this can change at any time, job is very dynamic... 

It is going to be at least until 31st of october, as that is the ETA on JK Major Cities Light. 

However this kind of guide not only requires a lot of conflict resolution, but a lot of in-game testing as well so it can take quite a while longer until I am done with that.

Having said that, you can always install the mods, follow the conflict resolution guide in its contemporary state and let me know how your playthrough and/or testing is going. In particular would be useful to know more about any issues concerning the mods in the 'New Worlds' categories. Some issues such as lighting in various locations (using Vividian ENB + new world space) do not rise to the surface until one has actually seen it. 

"Minor Rant Warning"

I like all the mods you have selected and it good someone is trying to update REGS to be better compatbilie with current SRLE. The only mod I kind of disagree with (not your choice not to include it, but how the mod author has chosen to implement it) is Summerset Isle, cos it forces you to do the college of winterhold quest line in order to be able to play it which I think is unfair cos there are peoeple who might wish to play summerset Isle but don't want to do the college of winterhold quest line.

"RANT OVER"

Keep up all your hard work Nearox I will be watching this guide with great interest.

Do you know if the voice acting on these mods is decent? Thwe author says, sarcastically I assume, "As always, terrible voice acting and stupid jokes". 

I would say the sound quality is acceptable/not excellent. I think his microphone's quality is not the best. His acting is good though with stupid jokes. I believe the author is the only person that make all voice acting. I could be wrong. 

Summerset Isle has tons of conflicting files with mods in SRLE.

Edited by darkside

"Minor Rant Warning"

I like all the mods you have selected and it good someone is trying to update REGS to be better compatbilie with current SRLE. The only mod I kind of disagree with (not your choice not to include it, but how the mod author has chosen to implement it) is Summerset Isle, cos it forces you to do the college of winterhold quest line in order to be able to play it which I think is unfair cos there are peoeple who might wish to play summerset Isle but don't want to do the college of winterhold quest line.

"RANT OVER"

Keep up all your hard work Nearox I will be watching this guide with great interest.

Personally I like the idea of mods integrating with base Skyrim content. Most other mods do this simply via a level requirement, Summerset Isle via a quest requrement. If you really wish to skip forward you could always just complete the quest via console.

Also note that Summerset Isle does play well with ICW, as long as you don't give the title of arch-mage away to someone else.

I would say the sound quality is acceptable/not excellent. I think his microphone's quality is not the best. His acting is good though with stupid jokes. I believe the author is the only person that make all voice acting. I could be wrong. 

Summerset Isle has tons of conflicting files with mods in SRLE.

Thanks for the report.

Yeah I am aware of Summerset Isle's many conflicts.... The author has included tons of unnecessary texture, mesh, script and DynDOLOD files in the package and claims that people should just not unpack the BSA so that they get overwritten by loose files... Well that's just bad style, and I hope he will correct this in future.

I haven't yet included in the guide a section to resolve the conflicting files cause of lack of time. Also one of the mods has said that a soont-e-released version will contain most of the conflicting files as an optional download instead.

Note that the Explorer's guide at this point is really far from complete. Looking forward in particular to version 1.4 of Summerset Isle and Beyond Reach 3.5, as they both need some crucial fixes at this point. 

Personally I like the idea of mods integrating with base Skyrim content. Most other mods do this simply via a level requirement, Summerset Isle via a quest requrement. If you really wish to skip forward you could always just complete the quest via console.

Also note that Summerset Isle does play well with ICW, as long as you don't give the title of arch-mage away to someone else.

I am using ICW and will be doing the College winterhold quest line as my character is a battle mage maybe. I was unfair on the mod author for the way the mod implemented I actaully do like it.

Edited by Darth_mathias

Thanks for the report.

Yeah I am aware of Summerset Isle's many conflicts.... The author has included tons of unnecessary texture, mesh, script and DynDOLOD files in the package and claims that people should just not unpack the BSA so that they get overwritten by loose files... Well that's just bad style, and I hope he will correct this in future.

I haven't yet included in the guide a section to resolve the conflicting files cause of lack of time. Also one of the mods has said that a soont-e-released version will contain most of the conflicting files as an optional download instead.

Note that the Explorer's guide at this point is really far from complete. Looking forward in particular to version 1.4 of Summerset Isle and Beyond Reach 3.5, as they both need some crucial fixes at this point.

Agree. I removed it for now after I ran around in Skyrim and things looked weirded.

Nearox have you consider adding either

Skyrim Landscape overhaul

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/53632/?

or enhanced landscapes to you mod list

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/68782/?

I have tried both a like both SLO seems to have a less heavy framerate impact (at least it does on my system)

I opt for Enhaned Landscapes due to having far better compatibility with other mods of SRLE and Explorer's edition, as the author uses the new DynDOLOD compatibility system.

But I need to test a lot of locations to see if anything looks awkward.

Also on the subject of testers when Frostfall 3.0 is integrated and working with the other soon to update mods. I will have me a SRLE build and will probably test your thing but just make sure that you are not to close to Fallout 4 because the Simpsons World has nothing on Fallout.

Hmm, Maybe a recession caused by the lost work hours over Fallout 4 I cannot wait to see that statistic.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.