Fallout 4 General and Mod Discussion. It Just Works!

I want to say it's more the computer generation because acronyms were fairly prevalent before the Internet generation. but it may have started even before this. Think back in the early days of the IBM PC with the CGA, EGA, and VGA cards when dial-up was the only way to connect computers. In the '70s (before the PC revolution) there were VDG and PIA chips and very few people referred to them using full names. Of course, there are documented acronyms from the Roman Empire so it goes waaay back.

Whatever the case, I wonder what happens after the texting generation's kids start writing.

I'm told they've now stopped teaching cursive writing in most schools. This blew my mind. When I was told this the first question I asked was, how do these kids sign their names then? I'm also told kids are being taught how to use calculators and are allowed to use them during all their work. It's no wonder the newer generations are getting dumber and dumber.

When I was doing a short digital course around 5 years ago the English tutor asked us to write a essay on the things we have been doing. I wrote it out on paper and when I took it back to him, he asked me to type it up on the computer. I told him he was having a laugh and refused, so he gave in. What a joke.

Edit: What Neo?

Edit 2: You mean instead of your name. Tired!

Edited by Guest

Hmm.... so I take it that Fallout will be a result of the dumbing down of American minds through the use of acronyms and calculators...  :coffee:

Well, I used a calculator during Calculus, but I used paper for most calculations, because calculations seem too easy on the calculator sometimes. But then sometimes you need them and they are a heck of a lot of help on the tough ones. I even created programs on that thing!

As to acronyms, I created spINI, opINI, fINIp 3, and fINIp NV. And don't you pronounce F&LNV "Fall Envy"?

Hmm.... so I take it that Fallout will be a result of the dumbing down of American minds through the use of acronyms and calculators...  :coffee:

Well, I used a calculator during Calculus, but I used paper for most calculations, because calculations seem too easy on the calculator sometimes. But then sometimes you need them and they are a heck of a lot of help on the tough ones. I even created programs on that thing!

As to acronyms, I created spINI, opINI, fINIp 3, and fINIp NV. And don't you pronounce F&LNV "Fall Envy"?

Your teachers allow calculators for Calc? I guess I always just stick to conceptual stuff on my exams and calculators wouldn't help either way. Plus, I know you can store stuff in the really nice TIs. Once you start using calc in physics the calculators really help for margin of error corrections.

Well, at least the in game hair 2% better. And it looks like the characters have a hip bone.

HUD has RGB bar apparently. The general design looks terrible yes. I laughed at '2% better'.  Now I have to ask you guys... On the last few videos, does that elevator have a tiny load, or can they finally move the player on a moving platform like other games have done for decades?  I liked the music and the lighting in the downtown interior looked decent I guess.

7NTH1Qy.png

'Until Bethesda and Valve decide otherwise.'

HUD has RGB bar apparently. The general design looks terrible yes. I laughed at '2% better'. Now I have to ask you guys... On the last few videos, does that elevator have a tiny load, or can they finally move the player on a moving platform like other games have done for decades? I liked the music and the lighting in the downtown interior looked decent I guess.

7NTH1Qy.png

'Until Bethesda and Valve decide otherwise.'

Please re-accept this updated EULA or lose your game. :)

Your teachers allow calculators for Calc? I guess I always just stick to conceptual stuff on my exams and calculators wouldn't help either way. Plus, I know you can store stuff in the really nice TIs. Once you start using calc in physics the calculators really help for margin of error corrections.

Maybe I'm getting them mixed up. It's been awhile.