Fallout 4 Default Values for All Valid INI Settings

DoubleYou

So we can somehow assume that they moved the setting to Fallout4.ini, or made it multi-ini valid ? That's awesome. Thx for finding this out, sounds like i'll finally move up to the Beta :3

Btw, i'm linking your afk mod post here, as I find it really awesome : https://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/topic/4316-fallout-4-useful-ini-settings/

(And DY might be intereseted to have a look at your other findings/recommandations).

Edit : Just re-reading your post... fallout4custom.ini overwrite settings from both fallout4.ini and fallout4prefs.ini ? I always assumed the "custom" could only overwrite settings from falout4.ini, not from the "pref". At least in previous game, I didn't even bother to try with FO4.

Edit2 : Why is everything gone ? :'( 

I'm guessing I missed it.

It is unlikely that Fallout4Custom.ini overwrites Fallout4Prefs.ini. From the structure of things, most of the rules and stuff from Skyrim appear to be the same.

Edit:

Ah, now I see what I missed. Read the AFK post. You seem to be off to a good start, and I think you'll find a lot of information, InsanePlumber, sitting in my INI guide above.

BTW, do you know if the blood splatter setting is viable in Fallout 4? In Skyrim, it causes CTD upon opening the map menu. I've been working too much on spINI to pay enough attention to Fallout 4.

Edited by DoubleYou

The first day when I hawe FO4 (two days after release, courier company screwed up) first thing I did after setting all options etc... it was run game and typing in console SaveINI turning off the game and dive in the INI ::P:
And your posts on INI encouraged me to dig directly into the EXE.
Then I discovered a series of your tools to repair INI for Beth laziness and sloppiness.
From which I learned a lot.
I hope you do not mind placing you in Credits.
Thank you.

EDIT
"do you know if the blood splatter setting is viable in Fallout"

I'm no expert, I have some experience in programming, but it was ~15 years ago time of Visual Basic 6.0.

At first glance it looks like any old residue in the code as is the case with Beth

Here's what I found in EXE but did not check if work or not.
AVBSBloodSplatterShader
AVBSBloodSplatterShaderProperty
AVBSSplatterExtraData
BSBloodSplatterShaderProperty
fBloodSplatterCountRandomMargin
fBloodSplatterCountDamageMult
fBloodSplatterCountDamageBase
fBloodSplatterCountBase
sBloodSplatterFlare01Filename
Textures\Effects\FXBloodFlare.dds
fBloodSplatterDuration
fBloodSplatterFadeStart
fBloodSplatterMinSize
fBloodSplatterMaxSize
fBloodSplatterMinOpacity
fBloodSplatterMaxOpacity
fBloodSplatterMinOpacity2
fBloodSplatterMaxOpacity2
fBloodSplatterOpacityChance
fBloodSplatterFlareOffsetScale
fBloodSplatterFlareSize
fBloodSplatterFlareMult
iBloodSplatterMaxCount
Textures\Gore\ScreenBloodAlpha01OPT.dds
sBloodSplatterAlpha01OPTFilename
Textures\Gore\ScreenBloodColor01OPT.dds
sBloodSplatterColor01OPTFilename
Textures\Effects\FXBloodFlare.dds
sBloodSplatterFlare01Filename
Edited by InsanePlumber

Hi DoubleYou,

I turn to you asking for an explanation/advice.
Namely, I'm talking about "UNKNOW TYPE"

First, I made a normal print screen but I did not want them stick together. ( It looked ugly :P )
I might add that the values returned by the console in both cases the same except iSize H=xxxx and iSize W=xxxx

Print Screens I made by setting.

iSize H=6000
iSize W=3840

bFull Screen=0

bTopMostWindow=1

bBorderless=0

Unfortunately, the game then does not display graphics properly but that's not the point.
I wanted to get everything on one printscreen for INI.
Since we do not have the "tools" (F4SE Plugin) to log consoles to file. (At least I do not know)

In Attachment 7z with GETFallout4 and GETFallout4Prefs "BAT"

GETFallout4

7PzQOLg.png

GETFallout4Prefs

rEOXJLY.png

EDIT

Game version:

Version language : English (United States)
      CompanyName    : Bethesda Softworks
      FileDescription    : Fallout 4
      FileVersion    : 1.2.33.0
      InternalName    : Institute
      LegalCopyright    : Copyright 2012 ZeniMax Media Incorporated. All Rights Reserved.
      OriginalFilename    : Fallout4.exe
      ProductName    : Fallout 4
      ProductVersion    : 1.2.33.0

GETFallout4 and GETFallout4Prefs.7z

Edited by InsanePlumber

It look like all those with the "u" prefix are referred to as "unknown type". These are "unsigned integer", i.e. integers always positives. (make perfect sense for uGridToLoad for instance). Not sure why the getini function spit it out as "unknown". 

Edited by Kesta
  • +1 1

Just checked, and no INI changes occurred with the release of 1.2.37.0, except that it seems the Launcher doesn't allow bEnableFileSelection to work anymore. You should be able to get around it by renaming the Launcher to something else, copying Fallout4.exe and renaming it Fallout4Launcher.exe, and running the game that way.

Talking about INI, I finished gathering all the info related to the interraction between the lancher/in-game config and their INI impact here : https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Kesta/FO4Configuration

It's almost un-readable in the format I wrote it sadly.

Not much interest, except to bypass the buggy launcher and edit everything directly in the INIs. (Which is the reason why I started this).

Ok, this had me bugged for days...

Under options, the setting "Texture Quality" in the launcher only affect the iTexMipMapSkip parameter... which isn't in the list (triple checked this as I couldn't believe my eyes). Even getini spit it out : The setting is obsolete... that kinda explain why all those day1 guide said "very low performance impact" xD

(p.s. : Stuffs in the link above have been detected only with the launcher... I'm just now checking them against the full list).

Yes, the following tweak in Fallout4.ini seems to be quite popular and give a lot of interesting result : 

[General]
bForceUpdateDiffuseOnly=0 (Default value: 1)
iTextureDegradeDistance0=1600 (Default value: 800)
iTextureDegradeDistance1=3000 (Default value: 1500)
iTextureUpgradeDistance0=1200 (Default value: 600)
iTextureUpgradeDistance1=2400 (Default value: 1200)