Blocking Animation Pack (by 5poiler)

Nebulous112

Blocking Animation Pack (by 5poiler)

This is a possible replacement for Dual Wield Blocking Animations (by Daljo). On the Nexus page for Dual Wield Blocking Animations, the author states:

Important! - 5poiler offers a considerably better set of animations, in addition to other alternative blocking animations for 1h/2h, and I would recommend downloading them instead of this

It may be worth taking a look at this replacement, if the author doesn't even recommend his own mod anymore. 😛

Beyond replacing the dual-wield blocking animations in the current STEP mod, this mod also adds new blocking animations for one-handed and two-handed weapons. From the video, it looks pretty neat. I am adding this to my new playthrough in place of the current STEP mod.

Edit: FYI

There are two data folders...one for the Dual Wield blocking animation and one for the One-Hand / Two-Hand weapon blocking animations.
This makes it easy if you just want to install the dual-wield portion (to replace Dual Wield Blocking Animation by Daljo).

However, if you want to install both portions, you will have to open up both file structures completely at the MO install prompt. Shift-click to highlight multiple files, and move all the animations from the one animation folder to the other. 

• 4 weeks later...

FYI, the package structure for this mod is different from the norm.

There are two data folders...one for the Dual Wield blocking animation and one for the One-Hand / Two-Hand weapon blocking animations.

This makes it easy if you just want to install the dual-wield portion (to replace Dual Wield Blocking Animation by Daljo).

However, if you want to install both portions, you will have to open up both file structures completely at the MO install prompt. Shift-click to highlight multiple files, and move all the animations from the one animation folder to the other.

• 4 weeks later...

FYI, the package structure for this mod is different from the norm.

However, if you want to install both portions, you will have to open up both file structures completely at the MO install prompt. Shift-click to highlight multiple files, and move all the animations from the one animation folder to the other.

Yeah, it's a bit weird because you have to install twice and merge if you both animation sets and I suspect we'll want both animation sets.

• 9 months later...

Hey thanks for testing the mod. I just make an update in Blocking Animation Pack by adding first person parrying animation from

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/79632/ both in single Data folder in BAP now

I will delete First person parrying animation mod page after you read this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jh6yfbHqaCU - for 3rd person

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUxE6ZOwBgc - for 1st person

@5poiler, Hello and thank you for making your animations (and the not really used vanilla ones, as I understand it) available to everyone!

I already had your First Person Parrying mod.

It's a good idea to put them together, people can remove the first person animations if they don't like them...

You should make your v1.4 "Update Log" at the bottom of the mod page more clear about that, it should start with "Add first person​ parrying animation...".

Have a great weekend. :^_^