STEP Mod Compilation

EssArrBee

Great to see this finally been taken off the "dev-shelf" and into guide.

If in the future you are including plugin mods as well you have my permission for ELE and Relighting Skyrim inclusion. I hardly think NovakDalton would be against that Relighting Skyrim inclusion, after all the only thing that will change is the download count on the mod page.

Edited by JawZ

I'm sorry, I found it:

Improved combat sounds was missing.

Regarding the patch:

Are the MAG ready entries necessary under 'sound descriptor'? It seems like the current AOS.esp already forwards whatever those where forwarding.

Edited by Spock

Great to see this finally been taken off the "dev-shelf" and into guide.

If in the future you are including plugin mods as well you have my permission for ELE and Relighting Skyrim inclusion. I hardly think NovakDalton would be against that Relighting Skyrim inclusion, after all the only thing that will change is the download count on the mod page.

Thanks JawZ I wish more of the authors with mods in STEP checked these forums, it was quite the headache to obtain the permissions I did and I think tech and the rest ran into the same issue when they jumped in. One of the biggest issues is making sure the authors see our messages. I know about 90% of the mods in the compilation currently I had to send multiple messages as the authors inboxes were full.

Of course now I think on it, maybe someone in the Mod Author's subforum on Nexus could post an advert or something for the mod authors currently in STEP if that's not against Nexus TOS (I wouldn't know I keep getting the run around on a couple TOS questions I've asked)

I'm sorry, I found it:

Improved combat sounds was missing.

Regarding the patch:

Are the MAG ready entries necessary under 'sound descriptor'? It seems like the current AOS.esp already forwards whatever those where forwarding.

Any forwards would just end up being redundant anyways. AOS.esp loads so late in the load order that the records don't really matter. 

Thanks JawZ I wish more of the authors with mods in STEP checked these forums, it was quite the headache to obtain the permissions I did and I think tech and the rest ran into the same issue when they jumped in. One of the biggest issues is making sure the authors see our messages. I know about 90% of the mods in the compilation currently I had to send multiple messages as the authors inboxes were full.

Of course now I think on it, maybe someone in the Mod Author's subforum on Nexus could post an advert or something for the mod authors currently in STEP if that's not against Nexus TOS (I wouldn't know I keep getting the run around on a couple TOS questions I've asked)

When we get to the point of using plugins it will be helpful. I wonder what would happen if I ran ELE and Relighting Skyrim through the merge script to see what would happen.

I'd like to get another 20 texture/mesh mods to reduce the length of the guide before going through the with adding plugins, but I'm amenable now the thing is finally out. 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to drop by and report that the current high res compilation installer (7:17, 16 February 2016 version 2.2.9.2i) left 2 STEP patches on my system when installed without ELE. One named STEP Extended Patch - No ELE.esp last edited 25.11.2015 and one named STEP Extended Patch.esp last edited 13.02.2016. Both have the right masters.

I would very much prefer a separate patch download. I mostly re download the file because I sometimes do not know what changed exactly. That creates a lot of traffic for the Nexus and takes time. It also takes a lot longer to install patches when testing things, because the archive has to be extracted.

Edited by Spock

• 1 month later...

Sorry for double - I know I should not do it. 

I can not download the currently under development 2.10.0 compilation file. Could someone provide a live link for it? And my previous question is still open: does the STEP Texture Pack replace or complement the Hi-Res DLC?

Thank you for the answers!