STEP v2.2.9.2 Official Bug Reports

TechAngel85

• 2 months later...

I don't know if I should post it here and I searched but nothing came up. Not to mention I could post on the mods nexus page or nexus forums and could get a half decent answer from Reddit and LoversLab so desperate times calls for desperate measures.

I downloaded the STEP mod (Performance edition) and it worked fine on a test save but MO has been bugging me about the esp being a "dummy file" while in the archives tab I activated the checkbox that let's MO manage the bsa but I know from experience that MO can sometimes flag esp's that are empty (but are necessary for the mod) or have the same name as their bsa.
So should I deactivate the mods esp or just leave it alone ? and if I didn't (presuming of course I ignored MO's warning) what are the worst things that could happen in the long run ?.

I don't know if I should post it here and I searched but nothing came up. Not to mention I could post on the mods nexus page or nexus forums and could get a half decent answer from Reddit and LoversLab so desperate times calls for desperate measures.

I downloaded the STEP mod (Performance edition) and it worked fine on a test save but MO has been bugging me about the esp being a "dummy file" while in the archives tab I activated the checkbox that let's MO manage the bsa but I know from experience that MO can sometimes flag esp's that are empty (but are necessary for the mod) or have the same name as their bsa.

So should I deactivate the mods esp or just leave it alone ? and if I didn't (presuming of course I ignored MO's warning) what are the worst things that could happen in the long run ?.

If you have MO managing archives you can leave the plugin unchecked or move it to Optional ESPs. It is, in fact, a dummy plugin who's only purpose is to load the BSA. If you leave it checked, nothing bad will happen besides it counting towards your 255 plugin limit.

If you have MO managing archives you can leave the plugin unchecked or move it to Optional ESPs. It is, in fact, a dummy plugin who's only purpose is to load the BSA. If you leave it checked, nothing bad will happen besides it counting towards your 255 plugin limit.

Thank you very much ::): .

• 2 weeks later...

Also Tech, the loot meta rules for ELE are kinda confusing, as on the mod wiki page itself it says to load after AOS, and then at the bottom of the guide it says to put a global value of 45. I did both of these things but its kinda odd that they are in seperate places.

Just to add this in here for the record, XCE and XCE dawnguard as well as Better Beast Races are no longer on the nexus.

Yes, for now just skip them.

Also Tech, the loot meta rules for ELE are kinda confusing, as on the mod wiki page itself it says to load after AOS, and then at the bottom of the guide it says to put a global value of 45. I did both of these things but its kinda odd that they are in seperate places.

Thanks. The global priorities are new-ish so that the plugins are lined up as Ess has them for building the STEP Patches. I've removed the rule from the mod page.

Yes, for now just skip them.

I created an account to say that some of Xenius' mods are still up on his CURSE profile, including  Beast Races and XCE - Character Enhancement. XCE - Dawnguard is not there, and the last updates for all were November 6, 2013 (if that's relevant).

Edited by aezin

I created an account to say that some of Xenius' mods are still up on his CURSE profile, including  Beast Races and XCE - Character Enhancement. XCE - Dawnguard is not there, and the last updates for all were November 6, 2013 (if that's relevant).

I'll download it from there then. I think they'll have to get removed from STEP regardless though, considering that Xenius isnt going to give anyone permissions to them.

Not Tech, but I honestly think we should drop all of Xenius stuff anyhow. BBR is no longer needed if using Cover Khajits (part of Step) and Forgotten Argonian Roots, Better Males covers all the male characters, and a lightweight solution like WSCO takes care of the females. There was a long discussion a year ago or so about dropping these because the textures caused pretty much everyone to look 'grey-ed' out. This would seem the perfect time to do this.

Paging Tech, would this work as a part of the STEP guide with instructions to only use BBR and XCE?

Not Tech, but I honestly think we should drop all of Xenius stuff anyhow. BBR is no longer needed if using Cover Khajits (part of Step) and Forgotten Argonian Roots, Better Males covers all the male characters, and a lightweight solution like WSCO takes care of the females. There was a long discussion a year ago or so about dropping these because the textures caused pretty much everyone to look 'grey-ed' out. This would seem the perfect time to do this.

I agree with Shadriss. I feel we should drop Xenius's stuff altogether and replace it with something else.

However, to answer your question. Yes, it would work if you install it correctly.

So ive ran into a couple of issues on my new install of STEP extended.

1. Warpaint is now really pixellated. I'm assuming this is because of a lack of XCE?

2. Trough water is static and doesn't seem to have a water texture? Not sure if I just never noticed this before or what.

Here are some photos:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByfjmDpjTdMHbHU1YUR0N09CekE/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByfjmDpjTdMHbHU1YUR0N09CekE/view?usp=sharing