STEP v2.2.9.2 Official Bug Reports

TechAngel85

Hi, I'm a noob. PLEASE go easy on me! When I try to install the STEP normal res compilation via Mod Organizer, the FOMOD tries to load, but then I get this error and it fails. Help? 

kLqpbKz.png

Edit: Apologies. Someone already figured it out a couple pages ago. "The fix is simple - go into the MO plugins list and enable the Internal FOMOD installer. Life gets easier for this mod at that point." Thanks to @Shadriss. If his instructions weren't very clear: click the settings (Gears) Icon, find FOMOD installer, make sure both are true, then you should be good to go.

Edited by xXTacocubesXx

Hi, I'm a noob. PLEASE go easy on me! When I try to install the STEP normal res compilation via Mod Organizer, the FOMOD tries to load, but then I get this error and it fails. Help? 

kLqpbKz.png

Edit: Apologies. Someone already figured it out a couple pages ago.  "The fix is simple - go into the MO plugins list and enable the Internal FOMOD installer. Life gets easier for this mod at that point." Thanks to @Shadriss. If his instructions weren't very clear: click the settings (Gears) Icon, find FOMOD installer, make sure both are true, then you should be good to go.

Edited by xXTacocubesXx

When you install the STEP Optimized Vanilla Textures, MO will ask if you want to merge it with the STEP Compilation since they have matching Mod IDs.  Should you merge?  It's a BSA, so I'm not sure if install order matters.  I went ahead and did rename instead of merge so that I could do the order in STEP.  I would recommend having some clarification in the notes on its install.

Due to the Windows 10 direct x version, ENB will not run. The problem is that direct x 11 blocks installation of previous versions of direct x, so adding the required d3dx9_43.dll file that enb looks for is impossible (at least for me).

I've searched the boards to find a work around, but have not found something to fix the problem. If anybody has a solution, I'd appreciate it. Otherwise, I'll just have to wait for enb to be updated.

Install this: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109

ENB will not support Windows 10. Boris doesn't support any OS past Windows 7.

WHAT , I'm running WIN 10 and ENB is loading , so what does this mean , that ENB is just saying its loading but it's not REALLY working

MAYBE !!! , this is why , I  have No Underwater effect, meaning its clear , running Phinix Natural ENB , have the full install of the latest Step guide

My game is stable , and have tweaked the "ini" to try and get the underwater effect ,but has never worked.

*NOTE , I have not updated my windows in over 2 months as I'm on a Mobile USB stick to access the internet ,  DSL is been installed soonish , still waiting for a trench to be dug for the phone line

Edited by sutex

ENB not being supported on Windows 8 or 10 means that Boris will not field questions about it on the ENB forums, or specifically address any issues.

ENBoost (and I assume ENB in general) should work fine on Windows 8 or 10, and if it doesn't due to the DirectX issue mentioned above, download the DirectX file Tech linked to.

You will know ENBoost is working if text shows up in the top left corner when you run the game.

Edit: One ENBoost (actually Microsoft) issue regarding Windows 8 and 10 is the 4GB VRAM cap. You will notice this when running Boris' VRam Test Tool (the highest you will get is 4064MB, no matter how much VRAM and normal system RAM you have).

Edited by Nebulous112

You disabled depth of field in your INI files.

What I have ? or I do, ?  , given I'm  following the step guide and using Phinix Natural ENB

What are the specific ini setting in ENB and other skyrim  ini , which would stop/enable underwater effect

What I have ? or I do, ?  , given I'm  following the step guide and using Phinix Natural ENB

What are the specific ini setting in ENB and other skyrim  ini , which would stop/enable underwater effect

In SkyrimPrefs.ini you should have this set:

[imagespace]

bDoDepthOfField=1

If it's not that, you should also make sure you have turned off all AA. The STEP Guide has you setting your AA to 4x. AF should be turned off as well and handled in the drivers instead. Also, make sure you have the effected turned on in your enbseries.ini file. Should be set to "true" for it to be enabled.

Tip: If you're running ENB, Realistic Waters Two has optional textures made for ENB. ENB changes the game a bit when added to STEP.

If it's not that, you should also make sure you have turned off all AA. The STEP Guide has you setting your AA to 4x. AF should be turned off as well and handled in the drivers instead. Also, make sure you have the effected turned on in your enbseries.ini file. Should be set to "true" for it to be enabled.

SkyrimPrefs.ini

[Dispaly]

iMultiSample=0 >> should be 0 for ENB

iMaxAnisotropy=0 >> should be controlled by the video drives so 0 is correct

[imagespace]
bDoDepthOfField=1 >> should be set to 1

enbseries.ini

[EFFECT]
EnableUnderwater=true >> should be true

EDIT

If you have any further issues with ENB, please open a topic in the ENB Support. This topic is for bug reports in STEP. Thanks!