STEP v2.10.0 Development

TechAngel85

I could easily add mod groups. Extra folders with very small files that are just there for users that want them is something I have no problem including.

I've wanted to add the INI edits for a while, but just never got around to it. That is going on my checklist though so I won't forget. 

I could easily add mod groups. Extra folders with very small files that are just there for users that want them is something I have no problem including.

I've wanted to add the INI edits for a while, but just never got around to it. That is going on my checklist though so I won't forget. 

English is not my mother tongue so I'm not sure if you're being being sarcastic or not, kek. I agree that for most it's gonna be useless clutter, but for those who'll use it's a nice endearment :D

We shouldn't make any more changes to the Compilation until release. This is because making additions cause us to remove mods from the live Guide, which isn't desirable. We're going to have to get used to waiting to make such changes until release time anyway with the version scheme.

Well, that is what I would be doing, Tech. This is the 2.10 dev thread silly.  :gnome:

Long day, wrong thread but as long as we understand about the changes made to versioning brings and how to maintain the version control. There won't be any more "let me fix that real quick" sort of updates. Everything has to be packaged into a release; minor or hotfix.

Hey, wanted to make a suggestion (I hope this is the right place)

This is an antique coin - and one made with rare, extremely high quality manufacturing:

antique-gold-coins_.jpg

This is a modern coin:

10575_big_2003___2_euro_ITALIA_Dante_unc

Current STEP Septim retex:

3018-1-1323343643.jpg

Its far too detailed for something made with empire tech, and looks brand spanking new.

Suggestion: EcthelionOtW Real Golden Septims

34592-1-1365465163.jpg

Its not quite perfect, but it looks like real gold instead of modern numismatic brass, its weathered and doesn't look like it was made with a 300000 psi metal press.

Hey, wanted to make a suggestion (I hope this is the right place)

This is an antique coin - and one made with rare, extremely high quality manufacturing:

antique-gold-coins_.jpg

This is a modern coin:

10575_big_2003___2_euro_ITALIA_Dante_unc

Current STEP Septim retex:

3018-1-1323343643.jpg

Its far too detailed for something made with empire tech, and looks brand spanking new.

Suggestion: EcthelionOtW Real Golden Septims

34592-1-1365465163.jpg

Its not quite perfect, but it looks like real gold instead of modern numismatic brass, its weathered and doesn't look like it was made with a 300000 psi metal press.

Thanks for the suggestion. I've debated the same stance in the past but was outvoted on this one. Seems the masses want pretty, shiny new coins.

Going back to the .modgroups idea one last time. Sorry (not really)!

Is it safe to assume that after a complete STEP (and only STEP) install I can create a simple .modgroups including all the content of plugins.txt from the profile folder up until the STEP patch.esp and whatever conflicts the STEP patch doesn't address directly it does so because it won't affect the game right?

Yeah any conflicts I left out would be dialogue and quest stuff that I have no intention of messing with. Most of it is USLP and GDO. GDO does a good job of changing the guards' dialogue even if it looks way different that USLP. Same goes for any conflict with a mod by Kryptopyr. Her stuff changes quests to make her mods work properly.

Everything else should be sound conflicts and I selected the proper overrides that STEP decided on. 

I hate to ask this sort of question because I'm sure you guys get pestered with it, but I am curious if the 2.10 release is imminent? The reason for asking is I've just now started setting stuff up and getting things installed. But if it's about come out, might as well not bother benchmarking for an old setup right? 

As I understand it, 2.10 is still some ways off. You're safe enough benchmarking for now, especially if you share the results, as it may provide some data points for the current development.

Thanks for that. 

I hate to ask this sort of question because I'm sure you guys get pestered with it, but I am curious if the 2.10 release is imminent? The reason for asking is I've just now started setting stuff up and getting things installed. But if it's about come out, might as well not bother benchmarking for an old setup right? 

I know we've been posting a lot in the testing topics, but it's likely still a ways off. This release will likely be a rather large one as there is quite a few things to wrap up before the change to the versioning scheme.

Going back to the .modgroups idea one last time. Sorry (not really)!

Is it safe to assume that after a complete STEP (and only STEP) install I can create a simple .modgroups including all the content of plugins.txt from the profile folder up until the STEP patch.esp and whatever conflicts the STEP patch doesn't address directly it does so because it won't affect the game right?

TO add one more thing to my response above. The lighting stuff will have tons of conflicts too. ELE should win, then Relighting Skyrim, then USLP. CRF has a few conflicts too, but the Patches take care of it. USLP and CRF are made by the same guy so ignore those too.