STEP v2.2.9.2 Released

TechAngel85

Thanks for doing this, Tech! :-)

The new wiki pages look great, from what I've seen. My favorite style update is definitely the FOMOD templates instead of plain text. As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words!

One question regarding the update: For the White Phial Replacer mod, was the recommended 80% Dawnguard version dropped from Extended?

I only see reference to the Core recommendation of 50% Non-Dawnguard on the wiki page.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't play Skyrim for a year and v. 2.2.8

Congratulations for this job well done !

V. 2.2.8 took me two or three days to be operational.

Here, in only 10 hours it was done.

And as usual with STEP, I took a slap. More fluid, and prettier. I didn't think it was possible.

And the explanations are clear, even for foreigners.

The only thing I did wrong was step 2 installation of Dyndolod. I didn't understand the sentence the first time, and I put the whole folder in TES5edit (I thought "within" was already a direction ^^). It didn't work, so I looked the directories and understood what was wrong.

Another problem I had was with my ENB. Realvision. I had to put every graphic configurations at 0 in the skyrim pref ini, and add bfloatpointrendertarget=1.

Another thing I didn't fully understand was the extended pack. I did everything in this direction but I couldn't say if I was right. I think it was done +/- automatically with the "Step compilation patch". Couldn't say, I was fed up xD.

Worth it when I launched the game. Awesome. Thank you guys.

Thanks for doing this, Tech! :-)

The new wiki pages look great, from what I've seen. My favorite style update is definitely the FOMOD templates instead of plain text. As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words!

One question regarding the update: For the White Phial Replacer mod, was the recommended 80% Dawnguard version dropped from Extended?

I only see reference to the Core recommendation of 50% Non-Dawnguard on the wiki page.

It was just a suggestion that users could use those options if they wanted, and if they have Dawnguard. It's a given that users can choose what they want. STEP's choices are more recommendations. For the sake of simplicity, I narrowed it down to a single option for that mod. There's no need to complicate the install with two recommendations, if it's not necessary.

Yo i have a suggestion for the guide: A section after Launching Skyrim containing all the MCM recommendations. Right now they're scattered on all the detailed info pages. I never remember to implement all of them when i start playing, so I've made a document containing all of them for my personal use.

This has been an update to the live Guide. See changelog.

Closer Quivers and Longer Arrows (CQLA) has been removed since it is not needed. During testing the issue this mod fixes could not be reproduced in any way except for one. As a result, we have determined this fix is for "screen archers" who are using the console to pause the game and move the camera around to capture screenshots of their characters. This is not normal gameplay and is not a fix which is needed within STEP. The quivers in this mod have also been narrowed and elongated due to the longer arrows (the fix); causing texture stretching on the quivers. This mod have been fully replaced by Better Shaped Weapons. Please see the updated instructions on that mod page to update your installation accordingly.

This is a change that we should have completed with the last release, but it slipped through the cracks since we were attempting to release as soon as possible due to USLEEP.

Does anyone know if removing CQLA will cause DynDoLoad to twitch?  I'm too invested in my latest install to want to start over.

BTW - I love the email notification you've set up for STEP updates.  Cheers for that, and for the sweetest looking LO results to date!

• 3 months later...

Damn, was hoping for a new release soon. So many mods have updated that it is pretty dang hard to follow the guide now and hope that I am not messing something up.

Edit: Just to make things a bit more easier, and to hopefully be of some help, I've compiled a list of mods that need to be updated in the guide, as some of them contain major changes, different installation instructions, or stated versions on the guide no longer exist (or a combination of all of them). Hope this helps :)

Fixes:
Clothing and Clutter Fixes
Cutting Room Floor
Weapons and Armor Fixes Remade
XP32 Maximum Skeleton

Interface:
Skyrim Skill Interface Re-Texture
Viewable Faction Ranks

Landscape & Environment:
Skyrim Flora Overhaul
Embers HD
Farmhouse Chimneys