Mod Organizer 2 Discussion and Feedback

TechAngel85

Question

Mod Organizer 2 is now in alpha, which is the 64-bit version of MO featuring support for Fallout 4. Testers are welcome and encouraged!

Download the Alpha here: https://github.com/TanninOne/modorganizer/releases

This is not a bug report topic! Please report bugs to the GitHub issue tracker.

Thought I'd start this thread for the discussion of MO2 instead of filling the Fallout Support topic with unrelated posts.

Uninstalling the beta will delete any mods in its folder (even if you click X instead of OK on the popup that ASKS if you want to delete them). Don't store your mods there and don't uninstall it when there is anything that matters.

Beta 3 from github appears to be a trojan, you have been warned.

Posts like this should really contain supporting evidence otherwise they are nothing more than scare-mongering. I see no mention of this in the GitHub issues page, so anything you have should likewise be brought to the developers attention, not here.

I would screencap it but Im running on a barebones win7 install.

I've also seen that win10's defender is flagging.

I wanted to run it through virus total but I couldnt download it, I now see that you can link a URL.

Here is what it sees:

downloaded file analysis

MSE reports it as a trojan and it isnt usually a program to give false readings.

2.0.6 downloads and runs without a flag
However downloading 2.0.7, MSE immediately removes it.

So my computer is completely unable to run Nexus mod manager due to some issues. So i attempt to use this for modifying fallout 4. However it is unable to launch fallout 4. Could it have something to do with Fo4 being stored on a separate hard drive? I correctly pointed Mod organizer to the correct location of the exe.

NO, My setup has Skyrim, Oblivion Fallout 3, Fallout NV and Fallout 4 on D drive and the rest of my games on E drive with Steam installed on the E drive in a PC Installed Programs folder. Most of my programs are installed in the PC Installed Programs folder to avoid UAC issues from the Program Files folders.

Can you run the game from Steam by itself?

Hope this helps someone out there. 

Mod.Organizer-2.0.7.exe Beta 3 on windows 10

If you are having trouble getting the overwrite folder working or odd start up behavior.

I have an win10 dual Hdd system and My MO2 is on the 2nd Hdd. 

Uninstalling MO2
> Uninstall MO2 then go into your C:\Users{User}\AppData\Local\ and delete the ModOrganizer folder (or rename it if you want to revert back to it.)

Installing MO2
> Install MO2 and start it once
> move the Mod Organizer folder from C:\Users{User}\AppData to a new location (in my case j:\ My 2nd Hdd)
> Open an administrative command prompt, then create a symbolic link with the following command "mklink /J C:\Users{User}\AppData\Local\ModOrganizer J:/{My new folder}"
This resolves overwrite folder issues
Note: if you leave MO2 in the appdata folder you will have unusual results with running 3rd party application Loot,Fomod, JAVA,tes5edit etc
Recommend deleting all nxmhandler.ini and ModOrganizer.ini and allow MO2 to recreate them also run nxmhandler.exe in MO2 root folder to generate the nxmhandlers.ini files

IF you install FNIS+PCEA2+Creature Pack GenerateFNISforUSERS Crashes
FNIS+PCEA2+Creature Pack+FNIS Spells have to be merged into a single Mod.
GenerateFNISforUSERS works and finds XP32 Maximum Skeleton Extended (Does not have to be merged)

NOTE: I had to run SKSE from steam once

This is how I got it going reasonably for Skyrim (no Skyproc SUM,variants,dual wield etc), Fallout 4 seems to be Fine (running 124 mods no CDT)

Full Fallout 4 info here

As people are refering to this link
Edited by Gernash

Hi,

From what I've read in this thread it seems as though we can expect the 64bit version of MO 2 to support Bethesda's 32bit games once the program is stable. Given this, I was wondering if it's likely that we will be able to update (or export) our original setups in MO1 to MO2 (specifically keeping the package order in tact, but hopefully keeping other settings too). Could we expect the same for upgrading the beta version to the stable version while modding FO4?

I ask because most of the older games were modded through Wrye Bash but I'd much rather use MO this time round and I don't want to have to set up my mods all over again with the release of the stable version.

Thanks!