Mod Organizer 2 Discussion and Feedback

TechAngel85

Question

Mod Organizer 2 is now in alpha, which is the 64-bit version of MO featuring support for Fallout 4. Testers are welcome and encouraged!

Download the Alpha here: https://github.com/TanninOne/modorganizer/releases

This is not a bug report topic! Please report bugs to the GitHub issue tracker.

Thought I'd start this thread for the discussion of MO2 instead of filling the Fallout Support topic with unrelated posts.

The bsa extractor being missing isn't intentional nor final. As you know i moved my repository to github and split it up into smaller repos. The bsa extractor (like all plugins) is now its own repo which i probably forgot to include in the build.

Btw.: if anyone feels like adopting this or any other plugin repo, just say the word ;)

I know this is a very old post now, but if it is still possible, please try to push this into the release version of MO, it would make life beautiful all over again :)

*this* being a bsa/ba2 extractor <3

Edited by othmanarnaout

If I have 2 Ba2 files and 1 changes 5 things (say textures)(MOD 1) and another before it that changes 10 textures (5 of which are the same as the mod 1) (Mod 2) will the 10 textures be changed then the 5 that are the same in mod 1 overwrite the files from the other?  With out the archive tab from the 1.X series I know that loose files win over archives, and archive vs archive is determined by load order of the ESP that goes with it.  But I dont recall how well they mesh.  

I have been using MO2 successfully with SSE.  I would like to know if the viewing of save files is correct? Here's why...

Looking at certain saves, the popup shows no missing esp files:

htq9lmd

Other saves show a mass of unreadable characters under "missing ESPs".

9Tfko5p

So, if MO2 isn't reliably handling save files, this could mean nothing.  If it IS handling them properly, this could indicate a corrupt save.

I think I've narrowed down the cause to the Immersive Amazing Follower Tweaks SSE mod.  Anytime I have it active and enter Whiterun, my saves show a lot of unreadable characters under Missing ESPs.  I'd like to keep using the mod but need to know if MO2 is telling me it's corrupting my saves.

BTW, I'm not seeing any issues with the mod in LOOT or SSEEdit.

This is just an unverified theory, but it sounds as if there may be some differences between the save files created by SSE, Skyrim, and FO4. If this is the case, it could be reading the data incorrectly and showing a stream of gibbersh that it thinks are mod names.

What do the STEP folks make of the recent MO 2.08 version posted to the Nexus yesterday? It appears to have be an easier install without all the workarounds and a team of folks working on it. I initially thought maybe it was hooey, but from reading the posts on the page, it's looking real... I hope. The "author/ group?" on Nexus is a 1 day-old sign-on, which was why I initially thought it was crap. The github for bug trackers appears to have the same "author/group" name responding and s/he references Tannin under the MO github that looks real. I thought perhaps STEP folks might be able to get in touch with Tannin to see if this team is legit. Mod page on Nexus is MO 2.08b. I'm not trying to accuse anyone, but I just want to check it out first before I jump off NMM.

Thanks. Sorry if it's a bother, but I'm beginning to get my hopes up. I far prefer MO over NMM until I can see what Tannin does with the new mod manager-- hopefully in 1st half 2017.

Edited by tjax323