Mod Organizer 2 Discussion and Feedback

TechAngel85

Question

Mod Organizer 2 is now in alpha, which is the 64-bit version of MO featuring support for Fallout 4. Testers are welcome and encouraged!

Download the Alpha here: https://github.com/TanninOne/modorganizer/releases

This is not a bug report topic! Please report bugs to the GitHub issue tracker.

Thought I'd start this thread for the discussion of MO2 instead of filling the Fallout Support topic with unrelated posts.

Just tried it now. Although I can't access FO4 files since I don't have it installed, the UI loads and works as you would expect.

I load it as xedit.exe with the -FO4 switch and all the other versions now use the same executable with their respective switches and everything works really well.

Question for LOOT-

Since Loot isn't compatible with MO2, is it possible to install MO1 as well, then copy paste specific files/folders (Such as mods and whatever else would be needed) to MO1, then use Loot in there to get the needed load order?

Hi, I'm new to this forum, and I'm still sifting through all the information on MO and MO2 Development. It's a little overwhelming, so I'm sorry if this has been discussed or addressed before, or if this question is moot for any reason.

Question for Tannin-- Are you going to upload MO2 to the Mod Organizer page on Skyrim Nexus? Or are you going to exclusively host it at GitHub, and continue support for the original, 32bit MO?

It must be a chore, participating in like, three forums and all, but would you consider uploading MO2 at FO4 Nexus? I'd enjoy getting tracking updates for major releases and updates-- I just can't bring myself to mod without your software.

Question for LOOT-

Since Loot isn't compatible with MO2, is it possible to install MO1 as well, then copy paste specific files/folders (Such as mods and whatever else would be needed) to MO1, then use Loot in there to get the needed load order?

Possible? Yes. Should you do it? No.

For the time being you should just hand order the mods.

Hi, I'm new to this forum, and I'm still sifting through all the information on MO and MO2 Development. It's a little overwhelming, so I'm sorry if this has been discussed or addressed before, or if this question is moot for any reason.

Question for Tannin-- Are you going to upload MO2 to the Mod Organizer page on Skyrim Nexus? Or are you going to exclusively host it at GitHub, and continue support for the original, 32bit MO?

It must be a chore, participating in like, three forums and all, but would you consider uploading MO2 at FO4 Nexus? I'd enjoy getting tracking updates for major releases and updates-- I just can't bring myself to mod without your software.

Welcome to STEP.

At the moment MO version 2 is an early "alpha" development and after some work it no doubt will be hosted on its own page on the Nexus.

You are correct that keeping track of disparate fora is troublesome so most likely MO2 will be hosted on just ONE Nexus page. Which game hosts it is something @Tannin will decide later. For instance MO was hosted on other pages besides the Skyrim one but all commenting was disabled and all users were redirected to the Skyrim page, even if they don't run that game.

EDIT: I should have just reinstalled before asking, because reinstalling it fixed it. Well, more accuretly I redownload A2 and just extractred and replace any files it ask to, so my mods and load orders remained.

Anyone just recently get an Windows Error trying to load up MO2 A2?

"This app can't run on your PC

To find a version for your PC, check with the publisher."

The only two big things I updated recently were 1) AMD drivers and the new driver manager (Crimson) and 2) when I restarted my computer it was doing something with "Scanning and repairing C:" I was just using MO prior to the restart required for these two things to happen.

Edited by Toosdey

Yes, and this works quite well. I usually have two instances of Mod Organizer (say C:\Games\MOSTEP2292 for the STEP 2.2.9.2 guide and C:\Games\MOTEST for the STEP 2.2.9.2 testing profile) that I use for playthroughs and for testing. When you setup a new instance of Mod Organizer, create a new profile and tick the box so Mod Organizer manages the saves.

This is a good thing.  Thank you for your reply. I woke up this morning with this thought in my head and thought I would be laughed of the forum.  I am thinking it would be more "Less Clutter" of all the unused mods within a particular profile by doing this when creating more than one character.  MO makes creating profiles an easy thing to do and it is great.  It would be "I think" easier to wrap this twisted mind around it, if I would just create the additional MO to keep things separated.

Here is another question.  Now that I have MO up and running!  "Thanks to the help of SO many" like you and the forums, Can I now finally dump Nexus Mod Manager off my computer??  Is there anything special I should be aware of before attempting to do so?

I almost forgot.  After running FNIS I have several mods I created through overwrite.  I now have three that are flagged  REDUNDENT.  Should these be deleted?  If not what does one do with them?

Edited by Tomack13

Exactly... I love Mod Organizer, but keeping multiple profiles with disparate mods creates too much clutter that can be difficult to manage.

If you aren't using Nexus Mod Manager for some other game that Mod Organizer doesn't yet support (say Fallout 4), you can uninstall it.

I think this depends on what are in these mods you created from the overwrite folder. If these are all files generated when running GenerateFNISForUsers.exe (only *.hkx files in the meshes folder, two FNIS*.pex files in the scripts folder, and a tools folder), I would delete all three and run GenerateFNISForUsers.exe to create a fresh, clean FNIS Output mod.

Generally if I need to run GenerateFNISForUsers.exe again for some reason, I double click the Overwrite folder and drag everything to the FNIS Output mod to keep all the FNIS output files in one place.

I have downloaded The Second MO.  As I attempt to download the first mod from nexusmods.com the mod will not download.  I get this (Some content or files on this webpage require a program that you don't have installed).  I must be missing a setting.  How do I remedy this?