Mod Organizer 2 Discussion and Feedback

TechAngel85

Question

Mod Organizer 2 is now in alpha, which is the 64-bit version of MO featuring support for Fallout 4. Testers are welcome and encouraged!

Download the Alpha here: https://github.com/TanninOne/modorganizer/releases

This is not a bug report topic! Please report bugs to the GitHub issue tracker.

Thought I'd start this thread for the discussion of MO2 instead of filling the Fallout Support topic with unrelated posts.

Hey

Im new on this forum, and Im currently trying out alpha 2.. I try to use the MO loot, but I get the "Loot failed. Exit code was: 1" error. Is this expected to happen with an alpha build or is it pass-able? 

Welcome to STEP @Jollelele

MO 2 currently only works with 64bit programs, so LOOT can't run from within MO. Since the only game currently able to run with MO 2 is FO4, you won't gain any benefit from LOOT anyway, just sort the few plugins you do have manually.

Welcome to STEP @Jollelele

MO 2 currently only works with 64bit programs, so LOOT can't run from within MO. Since the only game currently able to run with MO 2 is FO4, you won't gain any benefit from LOOT anyway, just sort the few plugins you do have manually.

Thanks for the answer, mate!

I'll do that, cheers.

There is still a lot not working in the alpha at the moment, that is why we are kicking the tires so to speak.

There is a workaround for this though.

The following was compiled from LOOT shows missing master when ran through MO2 only on the issue tracker for MO.

Mod Organizers redirect or magic update is not fully working at the moment. LOOT and many other programs use plugins.txt in %LOCALAPPDATA%\<game name>\. There is a missing master warning in LOOT 64 bit when run from MO and the sort will not show up in MO.

Short term use of LOOT in MO 2.0.2a. This must be done in order for the sort to show in MO.

Go to the LOOT - Load Order Optimisation page and click on the files tab. In the Old Versions section download the last file, LOOT v0.8.1-38-g7c4fe9f - Snapshot (64 bit test version), to your computer.

Once downloaded extract it to a LOOT64 folder in the Fallout 4 directory or any directory I imagine. In MO set up the executable as usual.

To properly use LOOT in MO 2.0.2a press the LOOT executable from MO. MO will lock as the executable is run. When LOOT opens up fully switch to MO again and press the unlock button on the small dialog window. Switch back to LOOT and make your custom edits to file order or sort.

When finished exit LOOT and either use the refresh from the drop down next to the profile selector or switch from the plugins tab to another tab and back for the sort to show up in MO.

Is the MO 2 alpha compatible with Windows 7 yet? I've seen it mentioned on Github that it wasn't compatible, but I don't see it listed as a known bug anywhere.

If not, do we have a timeline on when it'll be fixed? That's a pretty huge bug.

Any good plugin authors want to help out with a great small plugin for MO2? I just made a feature request for a small feature and Tannin says its a great plugin idea. Problem is my programming is in other very different languages, and a long time ago. :| If anyone wants to do it I will be happy to test it and help any way I can. 

https://github.com/TanninOne/modorganizer/issues/467

Its probably not long before the next build in the cycle. The last was in November. 

Robert

Is the MO 2 alpha compatible with Windows 7 yet? I've seen it mentioned on Github that it wasn't compatible, but I don't see it listed as a known bug anywhere.

If not, do we have a timeline on when it'll be fixed? That's a pretty huge bug.

I have seen varied results. Some people report no issues and others are having issues that look like security token issues for the most part. I am on Win 10 and have not had any issue except with AV deciding that MO2 was changing *(it was since it happened right after i downloaded and updated to Alpha 2 from Alpha 1). It couldn't hurt to give it a try. I just simply wont mod without ModOrganizer. I am by no means an expert on it but I have been trying to stay involved in the Alpha since I have used it so much in the past.

Robert

Any good plugin authors want to help out with a great small plugin for MO2? I just made a feature request for a small feature and Tannin says its a great plugin idea. Problem is my programming is in other very different languages, and a long time ago. :| If anyone wants to do it I will be happy to test it and help any way I can. 

https://github.com/TanninOne/modorganizer/issues/467

Its probably not long before the next build in the cycle. The last was in November. 

Robert

Welcome to STEP @rdunlap

I agree, it is an easy and warranted plugin that could be implemented fairly quickly. There was a new post by a user that appears to have some Python skill, perhaps you could "poke" him to see if he could help out.

Welcome to STEP @rdunlap

I agree, it is an easy and warranted plugin that could be implemented fairly quickly. There was a new post by a user that appears to have some Python skill, perhaps you could "poke" him to see if he could help out.

Nice find. I just posted on that one to ask and to offer to test any automation he may evolve for his idea. Akatosh, I use blanks like that too. I thought I was just being overly organized and never thought to ask for that. :) It drives me nUtS to scroll up and down a Skyrim Mod list thats grown uhmmmmm shall we say burdened?

Robert

Hello, I have some problems with Mod Organizer 2 that I hope you guys can help me with. First off:

bEnableFileSelection=1

and 

[Archive]
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
sResourceDataDirsFinal=

have already been added to the .inis that they should be added to.

Plugins.txt (MO 2's) lists all plugins that are supposed to be loaded 

Now, here're the problem details.

Mods like 2pac's conversion do not display. Lightsaber renew does not display (i.e; the item is equipped but it's invisible/turn my body invisible when equipped)

When clothes are unequipped, the CBBE (bodystudio) body is apparent(since the boobs are quite unmistakeable =P), however the textures are still those of underwear.

Custom hair mods like https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/6294/? are, strangely enough, working perfectly fine, with meshes and textures there, with the nice havok bounce and everything.

The reason why I'm asking this on the MO 2 forums is that when I installed the lightsaber using NMM and tried it out, the lightsaber displayed perfectly, leading me to think that I must be doing something wrong with MO2, but I just can't figure out what.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Edited by GrantSP
Fixed the URL to actually go to Nexus instead of showing a STEP ERROR page for an internal link mismatch.

You should go back to use the latest stable release of Mod Organizer (1.3.11?) with Skyrim. Mod Organizer 2 is an alpha release for Fallout 4 and doesn't support 32-bit applications like Skyrim yet.

Well I'm using MO2 because the game I'm talking about is FO4. Sorry if that wasn't apparent.

Hey,

I have lots of issue, yet.

I could launch MO, made some basic settings but there are issue:

- Launch FS4E crash

- Launch FO4 or Launcher after some second crash (and try to launch windowed mod)

- I can't run FO4 via MO2

- Got en error message at startuo, but this is the smallest iisue I have:

Z3bGofi.jpg

289xvf9.jpg

I get the same error about the Python Plugin.

But can run FO4 from MO2

I get the same error about the Python Plugin.

But can run FO4 from MO2

@Tannin is already aware of this issue and it is apparently related to a rogue line in the Python library that is now fixed and will be incorporated into the next alpha release.

As with a lot of these minor errors, you might find a more active bugfixing response by checking the GitHub repo. By all means continue to check here and be a part of the STEP community, but the active development is taking place in the GitHub repo.