Photo

STEP 2.2.9.2 Complete Installation Benchmark (i7 3930K, GTX 680 4GB, 8GB DDR3 1333, SSD, Windows 10)

benchmark step 2.2.9.2

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#16 elwaps

elwaps

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 04:05 PM

With what we've learned today, _xlfn makes sense too. Might mean eXceL FunctioN. ^^

Have you already posted some results somewhere?

#17 Darth_mathias

Darth_mathias

Dragon King

• Pack Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,825 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 04:10 PM

no i haven't i ahve done the first 9 benchmarks which take me to the Dialouge & Follower Control part of Neo's SRLE guide I could upload them for you to look at.

since i already have a completed SRLE I decided to for go the Prep time and folder size sections

Edited by Darth_mathias, 30 November 2015 - 04:11 PM.

#18 Darth_mathias

Darth_mathias

Dragon King

• Pack Authors
  • 3,825 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 02:56 AM

i can i please ask what you did reguarding benchmark when it came to install Alternate start. I take you timed until the character menu showed up

create a generic character and chos the vaniilia start the time from slecting the bed until you heard the horse.

also when using alternate start did you wait until the MCM menus had installed?

Edited by Darth_mathias, 01 December 2015 - 03:52 AM.

#19 elwaps

elwaps

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 05:54 AM

Yeah. What I did before Alternate Start was:

Time Menu: START when clicking "Launch" in MO - STOP when the menu appeared

Time New Game: START when confirming to start a new game - STOP when the loading screen was gone

Benchmark: START directly after the loading screen was gone

With Alternate Start I do the following:

Time Menu: the same

Time New Game: the same

Benchmark: I'm confirming the default character with R, Enter, Enter and wait until all the MCM stuff top left is gone. Then I go to the Mara Statue, choose Vanilla Start and START the benchmark as soon as the short loading screen is gone and the frame counter goes up

#20 Darth_mathias

Darth_mathias

Dragon King

• Pack Authors
  • 3,825 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 07:23 AM

ok thank you very much for all your help I am up to the Modified and Expanded Quests which includes alternate start as it comes much earlier in SRLE then it does in Steps. I have icluded link to the benchmark raw data as it currently stands take a look i would love to hear your thoughts:

https://copy.com/K81mQkDxGKqPpIZR

Edited by Darth_mathias, 01 December 2015 - 07:24 AM.

#21 elwaps

elwaps

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 08:35 AM

Just saw another four bugged cells  :dry:

P9, P13, Q9 and Q13

The #REFERENCE! or whatever stands there, causing the min and max fps not being calculated, needs to be $A$2:$A$236 in all four cells.

Other than that, what really jumps me is the very little change in performance throughout your installation so far.

71.7 vs 71.4 FPS

1034 vs 1152 MB

There weren't many texture mods so far, right?

Also, do you have any idea why your GPU load looks so erratic, going up and down about 30% all the time with your temperature still being low and a base usage of only about 40%? Could this be an AMD thing? I had way over 90% all the time. Still, your framerate looks good so... no idea?! Did you perhaps mix up your framerate with your GPU load? ^^

#22 Darth_mathias

Darth_mathias

Dragon King

• Pack Authors
  • 3,825 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 09:21 AM

The REFERENCE i belive just means there is a issue with the caluation in the cell so what I am doing is copying the formula from the cell above and then adjusting what sheet it needs to look at for the correct numbers

I dont why my GPU load is so erratic but I dont have a AMD card, I have a Asus Direct II NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 4GB card running at stock.

EDIT oh just notic eth cells P and Q were not shoing up on my spreadsheet the background was coloured white with text being white too that why i have been missing them.

also the gpu load might beause i am using GPU tweak to log the data and not Nvidia Inspector.

pre the ENB going in there virutally no textures mods used in Neo's Guide, Post the ENB is a different matter by the end my i expect my VRam to be 3.5Gb maybe a little higher.

I have corrected the issue with the P and Q cells you pointed out new link https://copy.com/Q0L6XmjJd7kqT4G9

also done a few more benchmarks up to the ENB now so now watch the GPU Load and VRam sky rocket

Edited by Darth_mathias, 01 December 2015 - 11:33 AM.

#23 elwaps

elwaps

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 10:01 PM

I love how you got 57 fps WITH ENB while I got 58 fps WITHOUT ENB.  :lol:

Finally your GPU got some work to do!

#24 Darth_mathias

Darth_mathias

Dragon King

• Pack Authors
  • 3,825 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 02:38 AM

yes I always knew that the ENB had a big impact but what I see is quite interesting, cos before the ENB my GPU was just idleing away not really doing anything.

I am now intrested to know what will happen to it when it is completed. maybe I'll do a compelted SRLE without the ENB just to see the overall impact.

can I also ask what GPU you got in you system?

EDIT never mind I really should read you have put it right at the top.

Edited by Darth_mathias, 02 December 2015 - 04:11 AM.

#25 elwaps

elwaps

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 06:57 AM

Yeah, you got quite a bit more GPU power so the difference in FPS isn't surprising.

However, if I remember correctly I had the same "issue" with GPU load when I've tested Vanill Skyrim on low and medium launcher settings. At some point, with few or none graphics intense mods, something (CPU?!) bottlenecks and the GPU doesn't have to work on 100%.

#26 Darth_mathias

Darth_mathias

Dragon King

• Pack Authors
  • 3,825 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 08:54 AM

ok i have just hit the point where without VSync I cannot continue Benchmarking. do you advise I turn it on or stop benchmarking at this point i am up to Animation and Skeleton section.

thimk i have hit the limit at which i GPU can handle SRLE without making change to the setup.

i have now CTD 4 times on the benchmark.

Do you recommend I stop now or make the changes I would normally make to SRLE which is changing to the Performace version of the ENB?

Edited by Darth_mathias, 02 December 2015 - 09:45 AM.

#27 elwaps

elwaps

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 09:57 AM

Benchmarking with VSync on doesn't make any sense.

I would try running the Memory Blocks Log and after the next CTD check the logfile found in the MO overwrite folder.

First, if the Block 1 and Block 2 numbers are 256/256, your memory patch is not working.

Second, if the block numbers are 512/256 for example and the first line goes above 512 when crashing, try editing your SKSE.ini and change the first block to 768 MB for example, then try again.

I could get rid of some CTDs in my own installation by disabling the vanilla autosafe feature and instead using manual saves (or Autosave Manager).

#28 Darth_mathias

Darth_mathias

Dragon King

• Pack Authors
  • 3,825 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 10:05 AM

my skse already looks like this:

[General]

ClearInvalidRegistrations=1

[Memory]

DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=1280

ScrapHeapSizeMB=256

[Display]

iTintTextureResolution=2048.

so it not a memory issue it is the ENB. SRLE Core ENB it is to heavy for my system (even Neo can only run at 45fps out side and he's got a GTX 980)

EDIT after disabling all auto saves benchmark was able to complete

Results this far and without changing the ENB setting I cannot contine the benchmark, I could dial in my known overclock but that would skrew my results.

https://copy.com/pBCcqhFsNItuWj1D

Edited by Darth_mathias, 02 December 2015 - 11:29 AM.

#29 Darth_mathias

Darth_mathias

Dragon King

• Pack Authors
  • 3,825 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 10:20 AM

memory block log

#30 elwaps

elwaps

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 11:24 AM

Nice to hear deactivating autosave fixed it. My SKSE.ini looks different but I was using STEP while you were using SRLE so that should be normal.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: benchmark, step, 2.2.9.2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users