Photo

STEP 2.2.9.2 Complete Installation Benchmark (i7 3930K, GTX 680 4GB, 8GB DDR3 1333, SSD, Windows 10)

benchmark step 2.2.9.2

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#31 Darth_mathias

Darth_mathias

Dragon King

• Pack Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,778 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 11:30 AM

I managed to get one more benchmark done then CTD again i am at the limit of GPU power

#32 elwaps

elwaps

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 12:07 PM

When you hit the limit of your GPU you will lose frames per second. This shouldn't lead to CTDs.

When I was doing an experimental eye candy installation, my Skyrim didn't crash with 8-12 fps and 99% GPU load all the time.

#33 Darth_mathias

Darth_mathias

Dragon King

• Pack Authors
  • 3,778 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 12:11 PM

ok something something i need to look into then.

Edit Fixed it's a amzing wht forgetting to install a mod does to ones sanity

Edited by Darth_mathias, 02 December 2015 - 01:34 PM.

#34 Darth_mathias

Darth_mathias

Dragon King

• Pack Authors
  • 3,778 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 01:31 PM

nearly done with my SRLE Benchmarking saga just 3 more sections to go. One of these sections is "mod merges" I am actually wondering if it is worth doing I do think merging mods wouls have much of a performance impact.

#35 elwaps

elwaps

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 01:41 PM

Just do it, it hardly takes any longer than posting the above ^^

#36 Darth_mathias

Darth_mathias

Dragon King

• Pack Authors
  • 3,778 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 06:14 PM

and after nearly a week my SRLE Benchmark is done https://copy.com/cIpbhzyyaVTOkXb6 would love to hear your final thoughts before I publish it over on the SR Forums as well. I and really like to thank you for all your help with this benchmark especially the spreadsheet with out it i would never of even started this little project.

Edited by Darth_mathias, 03 December 2015 - 06:15 PM.

#37 elwaps

elwaps

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 07:50 PM

Nice... over 40 steps?! Now I don't wonder anymore why it took you so much effort and time...  :woot:

Quite interesting

- that your game aswell as your new game loads way faster than mine with only my basic STEP and REGS installation

- that your fps are going up and down for over 25% all the time

- that your VRAM stdev is ridiculously low, especially when looking at the fps

By the way, I fixed some stuff that was off in your table while I was at it:

- most progress bars were off somehow

- added correct colors, background and column width to fps min and max, I preferred to hide them

- deleted some FRAPS values from 31+ as you captured alot of framedrops, making your min fps <10

- redid the axes in the graph so that both match the grey lines

- fitted some stuff into the design

Here you go again  :^_^:

unbenanntlyss3.png

#38 Darth_mathias

Darth_mathias

Dragon King

• Pack Authors
  • 3,778 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 02:58 AM

thank you once again for all your help without your assistance I wouldn't of even started this.

just so you know

my computer Specs:

CPU: Intel i5 4670K @4.5GHz

Motherboard: Asus z97K

Ram Corsair Vengence Pro DDR3 16GB 2133MHz

GPU: Asus Direct II NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970

SSD: Kingston HyperX Fury 128GB SSD (Windows 7)

SSD: Samsung Evo 850 250GB SSD (Skyrim and Mod Organizer)

Edit you know now that I have completed this is a tempted to do a benchmark the way I normally play skyrim with all the additional mods I have on top of SRLE just to see the difference.

Edited by Darth_mathias, 04 December 2015 - 08:30 AM.

#39 elwaps

elwaps

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 09:11 AM

Little update

After installing STEP, REGS, Vividian ENB & weather, parallax textures, sound and landscape mods, my game performs and looks currently like this:

Edited by elwaps, 10 December 2015 - 09:12 AM.

#40 Darth_mathias

Darth_mathias

Dragon King

• Pack Authors
  • 3,778 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 09:20 AM

looks very cool but I dreed to think what your frame rate is like

#41 elwaps

elwaps

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 10:21 AM

You can see it top left, I had the frame counter active all the time while testing. Basically, depending on the scenery, I'm running between 25 and 40 outdoors and between 40 and capped 60 indoors.

I think that the videos look more choppy than the actual gameplay, those 30fps actually feel pretty smooth when playing, even fighting isn't a problem. All that annoys me is some tearing that is NOT due to deactivated VSync (I have it activated in enblocal.ini) and that is NOT due to my monitor (which is a Plasma TV). Perhaps I should try disabling VSync in ENB and enable that fancy adaptive nVidia VSync thing.

#42 Darth_mathias

Darth_mathias

Dragon King

• Pack Authors
  • 3,778 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 12:39 PM

lol i really am very blind I could Personally could not cope with rate rate that low. Can I ask what version of vividian ENB did you choose?

Cos I chose the Vivid performance version plus I did some tweaking in my enb series ini file and I mange to run my SRLE + all the mods I have on top, true I am not using city mods like ETAC or JK's

and any NPC mods I did add immersive whences thou, and after some effort I am able to mantain between 60-45 (45 is usally the lowest walking between Honeybrew medery and Whiterun stables)

I only have 60Hz monitor so with Vsync on 60FPS is my max (I do kind of wish I spent and bit more a got a 144Hz Monitor now).

Edited by Darth_mathias, 10 December 2015 - 12:41 PM.

#43 elwaps

elwaps

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 03:14 PM

Well, my regular monitor is some Iiyama 27" non-IPS crap with 60Hz and horrible tearing if you turn VSync off. Luckily I got a 50" Panasonic plasma connected to the same machine, looks a quadrillion times better, especially in dark scenes.

I've used the non-performance version of Vividian with the vanilla preset and no other options ticked besides the "sharpen" one. On top of that there's VividSnow, Vividian Clouds and Groundfogs, Extended Weather System, Supreme Storms and CoT for the ENB/weather part alone. These dragged me straight from 56 to 36 fps.  :woot: And Grass on Steroids (non performance settings but only small fps impact) aswell as Enhanced Landscapes (bigger impact, up to 5fps in dense areas) killed it in the end, giving me only 2fps less in the benchmark but costing more performance in reality.

From now on I really need to look after every single frame per second. And all the scriptheavy stuff is yet to be installed. I hope Skyrim is smart enough to give everything from that part to my CPU which is a totally overpowered 3930K below 20% load all the time.

/edit1

By the way, with your 970 you got about 1.5 X the performance I got with my 680. So if you take my average 34 fps, you would still get 51 fps with my exact mod setup. Someone with a 980 Ti (about 2.2 times the performance) would get about 75 fps. So... what do you need for an Oculus Rift playthrough? Correct, 75 fps. So... what do I have lying around here? Correct, a DK2. All I'm missing is a reasonable graphics card... for that game from 2011...  :woot:

/edit2

My mod setup should better be perfect before getting a 980 Ti, by the way. Else I would keep adding eye candy stuff until I'm down on 30 fps again. DS9X anti aliasing? Why not. 4K textures everywhere? Why not. Quality version of Vividian? Why not. I hope I'll be patient enough to start playing with my DK2 as long as the framerate is decent enough to do so  :;):

Edited by elwaps, 10 December 2015 - 03:24 PM.

#44 Darth_mathias

Darth_mathias

Dragon King

• Pack Authors
  • 3,778 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 04:32 PM

true plus your using STEPS as a base while I am using SRLE which is known to be performance heavy. If I had your mod setup I proberly would be about 50FPS but I just couldn't play below 45FPS anymore. at the time i couldn't justify playing the extra £200 for a GTX980 now I kind of whcih I had. I am planning on getting another 16GB and Ram to bring me upto 32GB and possiblly an i7 dont whcih one yet have to look into which one fit the socket on my motherboard and of course the price.

Grass mods and City mod are the real killer for me tried ETaC and Jks in the past but the frame rate was just to big a hit for my liking (maybe i'm just an fps snob)

I also wish i go SLI but i brought the wrong motherboard for that didn't do my research properly when I built this new machine did I

Edited by Darth_mathias, 10 December 2015 - 04:40 PM.

#45 elwaps

elwaps

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 09:21 PM

Looking at Skyrim, more RAM and replacing the i5 with an i7 will give you nothing. But I assume you're using your rig also as workstation/whatever.

Forget about SLI when it comes to Skyrim. I was close to buying another 680 4GB for cheap money until I found out that it would give me only about 20% more fps in Skyrim. The engine seems to scale really, really, really bad with SLI.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: benchmark, step, 2.2.9.2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users