Grass and LOD load lag

Spock

Question

Hi,

I'm currently having troubles with load lag. Sometimes a cell will load, but not all the objects within it. This means I can run beyond loaded grass and sometimes see billboards in loaded cells.

The issue is not always reproducable. Some test runs (start a new game) work fine, others do not.

Now it's not like I don't have a good hardware reason for such issues: It might be the buggy samsung evo 840 ssd. I'm still posting this because I would like to know if this could as well be an issue with DynDoLod scripts being late, bsa unpacking being slow, the hook.dll from MO or some ENBoost issue. Sadly troubleshooting by yourself gets tricky if your hardware could be the problem :/

I'm using STEP with some parallax texture mods, Lumen ENB and Verdant Grasses. I'm also using Alternate Start for testing purposes.

Has anyone else heared about this issue?

Thanks in advance!

Spock

2 answers to this question

Sheson did some optimization not too long ago to help prevent LOD switching lag. This was mainly an issue while fast traveling though. I first instinct was you didn't have enough memory and, thus, using a page file for texture swapping...which would be very slow compared to normal loading. But a fault drive could cause it as well, if you know it's faulty.

Well, I'm not sure about the drive. SSDReadSpeedTester2.04 tells me the read speeds are fine, but I cannot be sure.

Is Skyrim performance monitor reliable at catching ram and vram usage with ENB?

[edit]

Rebooting fixed it. It might have been ram or some storage controller issue, I'm not sure.

Edited by Spock