38 replies to this topic

#31 Glanzer

Glanzer

Guard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:17 PM

@mothergoose729 In your directions you say "navigate to you skyrim data folder", but in the screenshot you've actually chosen the "Data\textures" folder.

#32 mothergoose729

mothergoose729

Thane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 01:45 AM

Either works. Tex.ture folder is better

#33 karios525

karios525

Prisoner

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:28 PM

So when optimizing the dragonborn bsa (using optimizer textures) I get a Error: Direct3D device fail for some textures, lod's i think, is this something that can just be ignored? up just checked definitely lods as the 3d fail errors only happen occasionally but always after textures/terrain which are lod dds files right?

#34 mothergoose729

mothergoose729

Thane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:46 PM

I don't know honestly. I have never got that error.

#35 karios525

karios525

Prisoner

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:14 PM

Had the same issue in the past with DDSopt if memory serves it was the exact same problem with both dawnguard and dragonborn, I assume that it is nothing to worry about? Am guessing it was luck of the draw that I spotted the error whilst dragonborn was getting optimized, chances are could've happened wirth dawnguard too

#36 Kelmych

Kelmych

Dragon King

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,661 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:43 PM

I haven't seen any errors with LOD textures with DDSopt and the vanilla textures; there is always the issue with LODs on whether they should be optimized at all, especially for the ones provided in mods.

#37 mothergoose729

mothergoose729

Thane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:49 PM

So I don't know if other people have been having problems with this tool lately, but I have been having many. Nothing game breaking, it just fails to optimize many BSAs anymore, and it crashes for no particularly good reason and fails to compress textures a lot, ect. Shame too, because it used to work just fine, even if its texture compression algorithm wasn't as aggressive as DDSopt. Most of the problems DDSopt used to have when I originally made this thread have been fixed. So I won't discourage people from using optimizer textures, but I am thinking DDSopt is definitely a better tool now, especially compared to where it used to be.

#38 tschilpi

tschilpi

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:21 PM

I want to try it out, but I don't get why it doesn't detect my BSAs. They're in my Skyrim folder, I even extracted some BSAs with ModOrganizer into their Modfolder, but it doesn't find anything, when I link to that path. Edit: Apparently it has to be exactly the subfolder where the bsa is included, for example /skyrim/modorganizer/mods/convenienthorses And not only /skyrim, for every single bsa to be detected. So is it safe to go through every single mod path and compress every single bsa? Since they're not listed all together. Takes some time, though..

#39 Darth_mathias

Darth_mathias

Dragon King

• Pack Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,489 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 04:34 AM

sorry to dig up and old thread but i am trying this out on enhanced vanilla trees and need a add an exception so it doesn't process p.dds files does anyone know how to do that?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users