[WIP] Boston Atomic Bomb Yankee - BABY (Fallout 4)

Kesta

Hmm, what do you mean far from covering the whole game? On the mod page it says it edits every cell .. ?

Mea Culpa, not sure if I tested an older version (I don't think so, I think there is only one that have ever been uploaded), but after double-checking, it is actually covering all of the accessible cells. Not sure why it wasn't noticeable first, I tested the very same areas... could have been the ReShade back then, but I'm pretty sure I had it disabled.

Still not a huge fan of the "darkening" part of the mod (kinda kill the local colors), and it doesn't help with the unrealistic interior skylighting as Fr4nsson's do, so I'll stick with a no unless that's updated to something objectively more in-depth than vanilla (for now it's essentially an alternative). However, after 3 dungeons with this + Fr4nsson installed, they're compatible, if you like very dark interiors where you absolutely need your light turned on, and don't want to mess with ENB settings, that's definitely the way to go.

This guide is making me consider reinstalling Fallout 4 and actually trying to make it worth playing.

I stopped and uninstalled last time when it became obvious I was going to get a set of Power Armour at what I thought was way too low a level. Plus I HATED the graphics...

This guide is making me consider reinstalling Fallout 4 and actually trying to make it worth playing.

I stopped and uninstalled last time when it became obvious I was going to get a set of Power Armour at what I thought was way too low a level. Plus I HATED the graphics...

PA isn't an "high level item" in FO4, instead it's an alternative way to play. If you ever use it, I highly recommend you use the new survival mode, the reduced carry weight with fusion cores weighting 4 really help balance the whole thing.

But I have to admit that this really do make the game easier because of the lack of actual downside. Waiting for some bright ideas from modders to take care of that :P 

As far as the visuals goes... if the quality isn't good enough for you, you'll probably have to wait a bit more (though adding the work from Sparrow, Hein and Langley, along with some post-proc really help). If the atmosphere is the problem, you could consider switching to something like Resurrection that give a brand new feel to the game.

Edited by Kesta

Hello! Nice guide in the first place! I will definitely follow this one. I just found this out and since there aren't any other here I really plan on reinstalling now the game.

Can i know if you plan on adding some gameplay/combat overhauls or settlements overhauls ?

Edited by paul666root

How do i install Olympus ENB in MO2? has anyone got any tips?

It have an installer, just pick the option you like (doesn't matter much since you can change it afterward), then copy paste the content of the mod's folder into the fo4 installation folder.

The truth is that I actually reached the limit of what my computer can handle, I'm already playing with reduced shadow distance , shadow boost is almost useless for me since I seldom ever reach 45 fps. Olympus look awesome, but took me from that 35-40 to a small 20... 

And I don't really see my self advising an ENB I can't use for anything else than screenshots.

I guess that's not that bad considering I'm playing on a 4 years old laptop, but I really need to upgrade ^^ I should get enough money for a top-notch rig by the end of July. Still have to decide if I'll try those fancy 1080 or just get a 980.

Hello! Nice guide in the first place! I will definitely follow this one. I just found this out and since there aren't any other here I really plan on reinstalling now the game.

Can i know if you plan on adding some gameplay/combat overhauls or settlements overhauls ?

Gameplay: Probably nothing major before long. I'm probably going to add a few enhancements, but overhauls are what they are, alternatives.The fact that they're "100 times better than vanilla" is essentially because they bring fresh air, not because they're actually that good.

Settlement: Yes, see the "under testing" page. I was actually waiting for darren's all in one before starting to publish this section, but due to this last weekend events, it might never come out... :s  

Edited by Kesta

It have an installer, just pick the option you like (doesn't matter much since you can change it afterward), then copy paste the content of the mod's folder into the fo4 installation folder.

At the install options pick the manual option. You will have problems if you select the Autoinstaller, at least I did. Then it is just a simple copy to the root folder like any other enb.

You do not enable the mod in the left pane.

At the install options pick the manual option. You will have problems if you select the Autoinstaller, at least I did. Then it is just a simple copy to the root folder like any other enb.

You do not enable the mod in the left pane.

Ah yes, should have mention I was talking about the FOMOD, not the actual installer (completely forgot it ever existed). Thanks for the clarification.

Gameplay: Probably nothing major before long. I'm probably going to add a few enhancements, but overhauls are what they are, alternatives.The fact that they're "100 times better than vanilla" is essentially because they bring fresh air, not because they're actually that good.

Settlement: Yes, see the "under testing" page. I was actually waiting for darren's all in one before starting to publish this section, but due to this last weekend events, it might never come out... :s  

Thank you for the answer! I will wait a bit until the "under construction" parts of the guide emerge. Until then going to do some witching in The Continent.

Keep up the good work!

Yes.I just stopped updating the "under testing page" because I got lazy :P (and because I currently spend more time actually making mods than playing/testing and updating the guide ^^)

The fish are going to make it, they're huge improvements. 

Creatures, probably not, most (if not all) of them are "too clean". Maybe some insects and the brahmins, but that's about it.

Edited by Kesta

It was mostly the crows and the brahmin from that mod that interest me, though after looking at it again, both of them do look a little clean.  I'm holding off on playing again until the modding / dlc landscape has settled down a bit so I haven't been able to actually look at these in-game yet.  I noted your comments earlier about the quality of mods / textures for Fallout 4 thus far, and got a little excited - the textures in that Creatures mod are quite good (imo) I might agree though I don't love the stylistic take for almost any of them.

Also the guide is a great jump-off point for anyone starting out modding Fallout 4, I say forget about it until the landscape has settled a bit - make mods!  (or play, or live your life y'know...)

Edited by baronaatista

Oh that mod crow... I thought I'd never have to be reminded of THAT conversation on page 5 ever again. ::P: The fish are fantastic, but I got called an idiot in those comments - and honestly I can't argue with that opinion. :lol:

Edit: Eh, "mod crow" is close enough.

Edited by Guest