[WIP] Boston Atomic Bomb Yankee - BABY (Fallout 4)

Kesta

Also the guide is a great jump-off point for anyone starting out modding Fallout 4, I say forget about it until the landscape has settled a bit - make mods!  (or play, or live your life y'know...)

Yep, I'm slowly sinking into a "baah, let's wait the next batch of good mod & utilities before updating"  mentality. Good thing or bad thing, time will tell :P 

Oh that mod crow... I thought I'd never have to be reminded of THAT conversation on page 5 ever again. ::P: The fish are fantastic, but I got called an idiot in those comments - and honestly I can't argue with that opinion. :lol:

Which conversation ? 

And yeah, billy the squid... what did you expect ? xD 

Btw, in case some of the people here missed it and are interested, I made one mod to get around the redundant lockpicking mini-game here. Just noticed I didn't make any self-promotion here :P 

Edited by Kesta

Those jokes are brilliant I'll have you know! ::D: Better than those dead baby jokes I see around the interwebs anyway. The conversation doesn't matter, but I pointed you right to it by saying "page 5". ::P:

Just noticed I didn't made any self-promotion here

I'm equally as bad at English half the time, but because you enjoyed my correction t'other (

I know this will probably require some miracle to work right, but I'd love to see the Oblivion lockpicking back. I mean it was a bit annoying, but at least it wasn't as dull. Bethesda probably have all the code left over somewhere knowing them. :;):

Kesta, I'm wondering your thoughts on Settlements in Fallout 4; This is a general kind of question, not necessarily related to the guide, though perhaps it might impact how you intend to develop that section of your guide?

Anyway my problem with the settlements in Fallout 4 is that they feel so disconnected from the rest of the game and world.  I realize Bethesda did this intentionally so that players who were uninterested in developing settlements didn't feel that they had to, however this results in that whole system really feeling like just a building mini-game and nothing else.  I'm really hoping the modding community will revamp settlement management in such a way as to have some actual consequences for mismanagement, and a more in - depth settlement needs system (ie. breaking 'happiness' into 'entertainment' 'sanitation' 'health care' & 'satisfaction').  Ideally additional interactions with plot/questlines as well (faction assets in settlement build menu is a really basic one).  The problem is that this all really needs to be integrated into the settlement crafting system with more resources, rebalancing, added functionality to certain things, etc.  It's quite a huge task, and one that I think would be difficult to achieve in a piecemeal effect with a bunch of smaller mods...

I suppose my question is what do you see as the issues with settlements in Fallout 4 and how far do you intend to go in your guide addressing said issues?

I'm rather on paul666root side for this, in-depth settler management is definitely not something I'm interested into.

Breaking happiness into "need" vs "entertainment" would be a huge improvement (having a clinic and a jukebox serving the same purpose bother me as well), but going further would be overkill. The settlement system is intrusive enough as it is in my opinion.

Aside from brand new exclusive elements that offer seamless integration of new gameplay (beast taming based on WW's cages for instance, or even something as simple as Expired's looksmirror), The settlement overhaul I'd be interested in would be more about radiant quests (less buggy and more interesting attacks, things to do on the outside to bring back good stuffs for your settlement, ...), and proper "jobs" (random guy suddenly becoming medics... nope :/ ).

I was just tossing out some general ideas, not trying to be specific... Does seem like we're not exactly on the same page, but there is some common ground there. I just hope there are some people thinking about this stuff, most of the mods coming out seem to be pushing in the other direction - making everything more simplified

I was just tossing out some general ideas, not trying to be specific... Does seem like we're not exactly on the same page, but there is some common ground there. I just hope there are some people thinking about this stuff, most of the mods coming out seem to be pushing in the other direction - making everything more simplified

Some (a lot actually) people are :P But yeah, overall don't expect ultra-huge overhauls to the settlement system to come in BABY. However I don't see much mods conflicting with a settlement overhaul of the kind you'd like, so you could probably just add it atop of the guide.

Can I use MO for this? I know its a beta but this is a pretty small guide, and i'm thinking MO is stable enough to run it

Yeah. I am using MO as well actually, but won't update the guide before a few workarounds that would have to be explained in detail have their root issue fixed (typically INI files-related stuffs). If you know what you're dealing with, you're good to go (might encounter a few issues with ReShade, I think someone mentioned it. I personally switched to ENB-only post-processors as discussed a few pages ago).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

why do you think I am not able to choose All DLC option for Armor and Weapons Keyword Community Resource? I have the season pass and all DLC installed

Depend on your mod manager. Those automated installer have always been a pain in the ass. Try to force it in manual install if you're using MO, or go complain to the guy who made it.

They're supposed to check which plugin is/isn't in your plugin list, so double check the content of yours (Plugins.txt either found in %localappdata%\Fallout4\ or in your MO's profile folder).

why do you think I am not able to choose All DLC option for Armor and Weapons Keyword Community Resource? I have the season pass and all DLC installed

What is the problem you are having?

When I run it the option is greyed out, but the "All DLC" is selected. I checked it with FO4edit and it loads all of the DLC.

When I disable one of the DLC and rerun the installer it makes the appropriate selection for what I have and the options is still greyed out. It appears to be operating properly to me.