Able to omit Bathing in Skyrim, Frostfall, and iNeed?

fightinfilipino

Question

hi all,

i'm nearing hopefully the end of my first attempt at SR:LE and was wondering: can i leave out the Bathing in Skyrim, Frostfall - Hypothermia, and iNeed mods? the rest of the mod list looks great, and i'm down with all of the gameplay changes except the surivival-oriented ones.

if i do this, is there anything i should know, besides omitting options from other mods that involve these particular mods?

thanks!

4 answers to this question

Well, it is possible, but the first thing you should know is that you will find it more difficult to get support from the community, since it is more difficult to diagnose issues with a somewhat unknown configuration compared to a "by the book" install.

As far as the actual mechanics of omitting mods from the guide; don't install the relevant mods, don't install patches that require the mods you are omitting as masters, and don't install anything listing the relevant mods as dependencies in the guide.

The conflict resolution will be a little trickier - you can either build your own using the guide, but not forwarding changes that reference the omitted mods; or else install the provided conflict resolution patch, install the mods temporary, load your order in Tes5Edit and apply the "Report Masters" script to the CR patch, pointing to each of the esps you wish to remove in turn; and then remove or edit the reported form IDs before using "Clean masters" on the CR patch and saving.

Obviously the first option is much simpler, since Neovalen has gone to trouble of documenting each change and its rationale, but I include the second option as this procedure may be necessary when dealing with other patches down the line, if you decide to continue deviating from the guides. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.