Legacy of the Dragonborn (Dragonborn Gallery) [by icecreamassassin]

Nebulous112

Legacy of the Dragonborn (Dragonborn Gallery) [by icecreamassassin]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgDpL4hzD2w

This DLC-sized mod is fantastic for anyone who likes to explore and collect items in Skyrim.

From the Nexus description page:

Legacy of the Dragonborn (aka Dragonborn Gallery)

The Legacy of the Dragonborn is steeped in prophecy, myth, legend and history itself. Explore forgotten lore and uncover the lost relics of the 7 Dragonborn of the bygone eras of Tamriel. From those merely mentioned in title to those who wielded the power of the voice, many legendary and influential people held the title of “Dragonborn†and they all link to the lost covenant of Akatosh. 

“Legacy of the Dragonborn†creates a sizeable addition to your Skyrim game by providing a fully featured museum in Solitude, and with the help of the curator Auryen Morellus, you can store, display and utilize your entire collection as you see fit, all the while being aided and guided by  Auryen in between your adventures. Auryen acts as a quest hub for the numerous stages of the “Shattered Legacy†questline, and also offers a variety of rewards for filling the museum displays. Patrons will also tour your collection and provide donations on a regular basis which you can collect.

The Museum is also the birthplace of the "Explorer's Society" a new guild founded by Auryen and yourself with the aim to explore and discover lost
places, artifacts and history. Build the gallery from the ground up as the guild master, then recruit new members, each with their own unique back stories and special guild functions. Explore ruins and excavate relic fragments to re-assemble into artifacts to display in the museum. Set up a guild store with the quartermaster and much more to come.

Museum Features

• Over 1700 displays (when fully loaded with supported mods) for unique weapons, armor, items, quest related items, paintings, collectables, jewelry, and more!
  • Over 100 exploration, questline and achievement displays to commemorate your vast achievements
  • Several specialty displays commemorating the completion of major quest lines and benchmark accomplishments.
  • A variety of custom paintings can be found and bought at merchants to enhance the museum as well.
  • Displays for all doomstones and shrines which you have received blessings from
  • which allow you to gain the blessing in the future at the display
  •  
  • 5 full themed galleries including: “The Hall of Heroes†for all relics of
  • historical or magical nature, “Hall of Lost Empires†with displays 
    pertaining to Dwemer, Falmer, and ancient nords, “Daedric Gallery†for 
    all daedric artifacts, the “Gallery of Natural science†where life sized
    displays of Skyrim flora and fauna can be accumulated in beautiful 
    diorama displays, the hall of oddities where unique and interesting 
    items, collections and quest items are displayed
  •  
  • Book set display cases which sorts set books by their set, includes amazing retextures from “Book covers Skyrim"
  • Personal Armory with over 50 mannequins, dozens of weapon and shield racks,
  • dagger cases, full displays for all vanilla weapons and armor types as 
    well as Thanedom banner displays for each of the holds and a hallway of 
    mannequins with one for each hold
  • Automatic or manual display setup: Place and remove items manually on their
  • designated display or simply utilize the preparation stations to display
    all non-equipped 
    displayable items which are currently not displayed, all removed from 
    your inventory, stored in the museum safe and placed on display. 
  •  
  • Book of relics outlining every single display item and exhibit in the museum!
  • Curator's guide which outlines all the functions of the museum
  • Basement store room with activators to manage certain displays encase of incompatibility issues
  • Dozen of new artifacts from a variety of amazing Mod authors contributing to this project:

• -Bow of shadows
  • -Goldbrand/Eltonbrand
  • -Mace of Aevar Stone-Singer
  • -debaser
  • -BiPolar Blade
  • -Sword of Ancient Tongues
  • -Hrothmund’s axe
  • -Stendarr’s hammer
  • -Fang of Haynekhtnamet
  • -Sunder
  • -Wraithguard
  • -Trueflame
  • -Hopesfire
  • -Thornblade
  • -Gravedigger
  • -Cleaver of st Felms
  • -Scourge
  • -Cyrus’ saber
  • -Dagger of Symmachus
  • -Skullcrusher
  • -Jyggalag’s sword
  • -Staff of Hasedoki
  • -Daedric crescent
  • -Sixth house bellhammer
  • -Chrysemere
  • -Ice blade of the monarch
  • -Umbra
  • -Dawnfang
  • -Moon and Star ring
  • -Armor of Tiber Septim
  • -Wulfharth’s treads
  • -The Dragonmail Cuirass
  • -Bloodworm helm
  • -Amulet of kings
  • -Shield of Reman Cyrodiil
  • -Boots of Blinding speed
  • -Helm of Tohan
  • -Eleidon’s ward
  • -Vampiric ring
  • -Warlock’s ring
  • -Mentor’s ring
  • -Phynaster’s ring
  • -Ring of Khajiit
  • -Lord’s mail
  • -Fists of Randagulf
  • -Helm of Oreyn bearclaw
  • -King Orgnum’s Coffer
  • -Weatherward Circle
  • -Jewel of Rumare
  • -Ring of the Gray
  • -Ring of Eidolon's edge
  • -Black Band
  • -Denstagmer's ring
  • -Engraved ring of healing
  • -Ring of Vipereye
  • -Spear of the Snow Prince
  • -Armor of Ysgramor
  • -Staff of Indyris
  • -Circlet of Omnipotence
  • -Ring of Sunfire
  • -Ring of the Wind
  • -Ring of the Iron Fist
  • -Aesliip's Ring
  • -Ring of Surroundings
  • -Daedric face of terror 
  • -Daedric face of inspiration
  • -Ancient daedric lord armor
  • -Hrormir's Icestaff
  • -Wings of the queen of bats (coming soon)
  • -Spear of bitter truth (coming soon)
  • -Shadowrend (coming soon)
  • -Crosier of st lothlis (coming soon)
  • -Staff of worms (coming soon)
  • -NerveShatter (coming soon)
  • -Staff of Chaos (coming soon)
  • -The bitter cup (coming soon)
  • -Thrassian Plagueblade

Secret safehouse apartment features:

• Blacksmithing, Alchemy, Staff and Enchanting stations with full unique décor. Kitchen
  • space with replenishing kegs and food storage, configurable kid/companion bedroom, 
    amazing sitting room with glass windows looking onto the streets of solitude with accessible balcony.
  • Equipment auto sorter: Put all weapons, armor, jewelry and clutter into a special
  • chest and it's sorted to beautiful display containers
  • Crafting Auto-Loot and Store system: When you use a crafting station in the Safe House, all
  • supplies in the corresponding containers are added to your inventory and
    then put back when you are finished!
  •  
  • Hidden Treasury room which depicts your vast wealth in increasing grandeur as your deposit gold into your ledger.
  • Customizable supply Auto-sorter which automatically moves your chosen supplies to
  • their appropriate containers, leaving any excluded ones in your 
    inventory. Sorted containers include: Soul gems, Gems, Ore and Ingots, 
    Ingredients, Potions, Leather and related supplies, food, and liquor.
  • Special linked containers accessible from multiple locations throughout the
  • museum and safehouse such as scroll stacks, liquor, and more
  • Sell pile container cart (initialized by a quest) which will empty every 3
  • days and deposit to a lock box, 30% of the value of the items
  •  
  • Functional disenchanting font which removes enchantments from player made and unique items (not for use with generic enchanted items)

World features:
  • 10 new dungeons tying into quest content
  • Massive Sancre Tor worldspace and dungeon with a dark power lurking within
  • Pale Pass world space including fully immersive ongoing battleground
  • which will be expanded upon in future updates. Fort pale pass and its 
    underworks are also accessible.
  • New explorer society guild!
  • 2 full excavation quests of large dungeons and numerous other quests tied to the guild
  • Transmutation forge which alters the appearance of weapons and armor to match chosen items!
  • Moonpaths to Elsweyr fully integrated! Now the Moonpath's quest begins through a
  • quest from the museum, which takes you to seek a lost relic, but you get
    swept up in the events which unfold in Moonpaths!
  •  
  • All content added or changed on vanilla resources is done through dynamic
  • coding rather than editing the original base object, so changes happen 
    in game so should not interfere with other mods (exceptions listed 
    below)
  • Special "Fate Cards" available in random loot chests and enemies. 6 different sets of
  • 13 cards each are scattered all over Skyrim with varying rarity. When 
    all 13 of a set is found, "equip" any card and they will all transform 
    into a single deck which provides a special bonus of some kind. Also 
    includes a card collector NPC who will trade random cards with you as 
    well as sell some other rare ones
  • Massive numbers of collectibles found in world such as statues, rare and foreign coins, trinkets and more

Dynamic and customizable weapon models: 
Certain weapons in the museum come equipped with a special customization plaque which allows you to change the appearance of the weapon based on which model replacement mods you have loaded. This will change the appearance of the weapon on display and the weapon itself when used. Merely load all weapon replacement mods such as Unique uniques, unique weapons remade, or unique shapes for unique weapons, and when you use the plaque you can max and match which model replacers you want to use. Like Aegisbane from Unique Uniques but Bolar's Oathblade from Unique Weapons Remade? No more need for a merge patch, simply click the plaque which appears when displaying the weapon and choose which model you want, it's as easy as that! (requires original mod to be installed, files loose, or BSA managed by NMM or MO (BSA management or loose files recommended with no ESP loaded for best results)

Player customizable Weapon displays:
When using a variety of weapon model replacers, legacy allows the displays to transform the weapon to match whatever individual model you choose. If you like one weapon remodel from one mod and another from another mod, you can have both without having to make a manual merge patch. Just install both mods or just their resource files and click on the nearby display plaque to designate which appearance it should take!

Transmutation forge: (spoiler)
At the end of the Ruins of Rkund excavation, you gain access to the transmutation forge which allows you to copy the appearance of one weapon or armor piece over the appearance of another similar weapon or armor. (has some limitations and glitches pertaining to helmets, so save prior to using)

Integrated Mods:

These mods have been contributed by their original authors (credited below) 
In their entirety, and therefore you do not need to run their mod as it 
is included in Legacy! Remove them from your load order 
and endorse their mod if you haven't because they've done a lot to help 
make this mod what it is by contributing their work. The Object ID's of 
course have changed so you will need to reacquire the items, and some 
items have been reworked or quests added for them in this project

- Big Leather Backpack (by hideto84 with edits to recipe)
- Gemstone Collector (gemstones only version with edits for compatibility. See update notes)
- Book Covers Skyrim
- Book Covers Skyrim Lost Library
- Moonpaths to Elswyre
- Ysgramor's Armor
Sea shells collection
- Insanity's Chrysamere
- PrivateEye's Helm of Oreyn Bearclaw
- PrivateEye's rings of old
- PrivateEye's Helm of Tohan
- PrivateEye's sixth house bellhammer
- PrivateEye's BiPolar Blade
- Ronnie Magnum's Legendary Rings V2.0
- Edhelsereg's Lord's Mail
- Painkiller97's Hrothmund's axe
- Nimezis Daedric Crescent
- Trainwiz's Visage of Mzund redone 
- Saeralith's White Phial Replacer
- keizaalfeyn's Dawnfang
- MyBad's Shadow of the Underking 
- Theycallmecheese's Ancient Shrouded Armor replacer
- Wulfharth's Fang of Haynekhtnamet
- engelman's rest dungeon
- windcaller past dungeon 
- ogmund's tomb dungeon (as dragon's fall)
- More treasure maps

[spoiler=Supported or Incompatible mods]Supported Mods:

The following mods are supported in V14. Install and run these listed mods 
and Legacy will automatically patch itself to provide special content 
and features without the need of an additional Plugin! Please note that 
support only applies to the original mod file and will not function with
a custom merged package! So you will need to re-merge your package 
without these mods and run them separately to gain the additional museum
content

-Skyrim Unique Treasures 
  -Great jar hunt 
  -Captured Fairies
  -Konahrik's Accoutrements 
  -Aetherium Armor and Weapons
  -Dev Aveza Airship
  -Alternate start - Live Another Life (Use the Solitude ship start for the option to start as the relic hunter to become available)
  -Helgen Reborn
  -Wyrmstooth
  -Hunterborn
  -Gray Cowl of Nocturnal
  -Falskaar
  -Heavy Armory
  -Trophy Heads  
  -Something Fishy

-SkyRe Reproccer ready (patch needed for some changes)
  -Supports "Hearthfires Multiple Adoptions" in the safehouse living space for up to 6 kids and spouse!
  -Supports Latest USKP changes other than mod dependent ones
  -Completely compatible with JK's Solitude and Dawn of Solitude without patching (Legacy is self patching)
  -Fully compatible with most weapon model replacers such as Unique Uniques, Unique Shapes for Unique weapons and Unique Weapons Remade with in   
   game configuration features!

Addon Patches:

The following mods will require a compatibility patch which is available 
here on Legacy's mod page. These patches will ensure that there are no 
conflicts, contradictions, duplications, etc, and carry forward any 
changes these mods make which are central to that mod. 

-Complete Alchemy and Cooking Overhaul
  -Mad Masker
  -Immersive Jewelry
  -More interesting loot 
  -RS Children
  -Complete Crafting Overhaul
  -Weapons and Armor Fixes Remade
  -Dev Aveza
  -SkyRe
  -Morrowloot 
  -Morrowloot Ultimate Edition
  -Requiem (With Requiem+More Interesting Loot)
  -Immersive weapons
  -Immersive Armor
  -Solitude Compatibility Pack. Includes patches for:
         - True City
         - Complete Solitude
         - Solitude Capital Edition
         - Towns and Villages enhanced 
         - Solitude Reborn
         - Open Cities Skyrim
  -Book Covers Skyrim compatibility pack (only for OTHER mods that require a BCS patch)

Supplements:

These are additional mods I have created to work in conjunction with Legacy. I have left them as separate features in separate mods so people don't have to include the features if they do not wish. I've also done this so people who are pushing the limit on what their system can handle, do not have to have these features to potentially bloat down their game.

Dovah Closet - adds a special 16 outfit quick store and quick change vanity in the safe house bedroom.

Incompatibilities:

-Perkus Maximus (PerMa): The only known incompatibility is that reforged and warforged versions of unique items 
will not display on their vanilla display in the museum. This is not 
something I have the skills to patch as the information for these redone
versions of the items are not in the plugin but in the XML extensions 
PerMa uses. Simply console vanilla versions to place on display until a 
solution is discovered.

- There may be FPS drop issues related to ELFX, ENB and SMIM being used in combination with one another. If you have FPS drop and use any of these,

you may want to check out this patch: PATCH

The ultimate mod for collectors. Due to the scope alone, obviously not a candidate for STEP Core or Extended. It would be phenomenal to see a pack made around this, though!

There has been some talk of a STEP pack on the Nexus page, and quite a bit of interest. Legacy's author icecreamassassin has also mentioned there is a substantial update for Legacy of the Dragonborn on the way shortly (v14.12), with quite a few changes, so it would only make sense to wait for this update if anyone is thinking of contributing to a Legacy pack for STEP.

A couple people reported on the Nexus page running STEP Core with Legacy, and only some of the museum edits had to be forwarded. However, I have no idea what it would be like to use STEP Extended as a base (minus any conflicting mods), which is what I would love to do.

Anyway, if you are a completionist, or you just enjoy exploring and collecting, check this mod out!

Edit: Also, Legacy of the Dragonborn is supported by DynDOLOD out of the box, according to the DynDOLOD compatibility list. Custom rules are automatically generated at launch.

Edited by Nebulous112
  • +1 2

As you may have guessed I have been (incredibly) slowly putting together a set up for LOTD along with STEP. So I'm all for it.

I'd be willing to help out a bit more but

a) my basic knowledge is not particularly solid, I have just tried to follow what others have said from various sources, but chiefly from this site (thank you this site!).

b) I've made a notably bigger set up than step. Including large chunks of Dreadflopps packs and some others. I'm not expecting it as spot on as a guide should be but (obviously) hoping it will be stable & fun enough for me. I'm not sure I have the energy right now to reset it all up again for just Step. I know I can have a new profile but with all the tinkering I'd have to re-install the mods & redo the ini files.

Nonetheless I will watch out for stuff,

Noticed so far

- Some models (a few weapons & beverages if I remember) and stats from LOTD can get reset, though this depends on load order & was complicated for me by Morrowloot & Weapons & Armour Attributes.

- Book Covers is integrated into LOTD but is a master for Step patches. I am trying to get away with using W.Bash to change masters to LOTD. From what I have read this can work, but not always. I did look in TES5 & LOTD, Book Covers & the Extended Patch did seem to match up - but I am aware there may still be some issues.

- Some mods have additional patches for LOTD: Improved Close Faced Helms has patches for both LOTD & Konahrik's A.

- Further issues arise depending on what supported mods were included in a pack.

• If Morrowloot then Dreadflopp's pack ('Deleveled Loot') is worth looking at for Bash Tags. Though currently I'm having some form of clash with 'Gold Adjustment' from that pack.
  • Requiem is likely a problem as from what I am aware it doesn't like Bashed Patches & many of the compatibility patches are not meant to be put through one.
  • Immersive Jewellery changes a lot and clashes with Crafting Overhaul and Complete Alchemy Overhaul (if used) and probably others - need unpicking. 
Edited by cccow

• 3 months later...

There has been some talk of a STEP pack on the Nexus page, and quite a bit of interest. Legacy's author icecreamassassin has also mentioned there is a substantial update for Legacy of the Dragonborn on the way shortly (v14.12), with quite a few changes, so it would only make sense to wait for this update if anyone is thinking of contributing to a Legacy pack for STEP.

As you may have guessed I have been (incredibly) slowly putting together a set up for LOTD along with STEP. So I'm all for it.

Ahh.. I must not have made myself very clear.. I meant for a STEP pack including Legacy of the Dragonborn :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I am following the srl: legacy of the dragonborn reqtified guide but according the guide i should install the main file: Legacy of the Dragonborn V18 Final Core Package (V18Final) but there are only v19 files. I installed the v19 files but a lot of esp errors because I do not know which files to install.

Does someone has the following files voor me:

Legacy of the Dragonborn (Dragonborn Gallery) MOD:

Main File: Legacy of the Dragonborn V18 Final Core Package (v18Final)

Update File: DBM_UnofficialFix_Patch v1.12

Legacy of The Dragonborn Patch Central:

MAIN FILES - Legacy of the Dragonborn Patch Collection v18.12

OPTIONAL FILES - Optional Mod Patches for Legacy v18.8

I am following the srl: legacy of the dragonborn reqtified guide but according the guide i should install the main file: Legacy of the Dragonborn V18 Final Core Package (V18Final) but there are only v19 files. I installed the v19 files but a lot of esp errors because I do not know which files to install.

Does someone has the following files voor me:

Legacy of the Dragonborn (Dragonborn Gallery) MOD:

Main File: Legacy of the Dragonborn V18 Final Core Package (v18Final)

Update File: DBM_UnofficialFix_Patch v1.12

Legacy of The Dragonborn Patch Central:

MAIN FILES - Legacy of the Dragonborn Patch Collection v18.12

OPTIONAL FILES - Optional Mod Patches for Legacy v18.8

that guide is now very out of date both Paul and JD have moved on but i think you should be OK to use the latest version of Legacy of the dragonborn you just might have to do your own conflict resolution

that guide is now very out of date both Paul and JD have moved on but i think you should be OK to use the latest version of Legacy of the dragonborn you just might have to do your own conflict resolution

Ok thanks for your quick reply but which guide do you recommend?

Ok thanks for your quick reply but which guide do you recommend?

well that up to you

SRLE Extended LOTD is still current and being maintained https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Darth_mathias/SRLE_Extended_Legacy_of_The_Dragonborn

Or if you want to go SSE https://wiki.step-project.com/User:DarkladyLexy/Lexys_LOTD_SE

just so you aware I am the current co author of both those.