Enhanced Lights and FX (by anamorfus)

najt

After seeing Gopher's recent video review' date=' I have to say that I'll probably be sticking with RLO. This mod is great' date=' but there are just too few things I don't agree with.[/quote'']

Can you link the video?

[video=youtube]https-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=YceSkJgy2gw

It seems to me that Sopher prefers ELFX actually. Why are you saying that this convinced you otherwise? Also, do you know how RLO/ELFX compares to the Phinix ENB interiors plugin?

I have no idea how they compare. I don't use ENB.

It's convinced me on my personal choices. I, in no way, was implying this for the community; only for myself personally. I don't like a lot of the lighting in ELFX (spotlights...which are completely unrealistic IMO; they are more of a cinematic effect...and fires being too orange are the glaring issues for me). I like some of the darkness of ELFX, but RLO is overall more realistic from my testing and realism is what I aim for. Though they look great, I don't really care about cinematics in my game because I aim for more realism.

Personally this video made me feel more confident in my ELFX choice :)

Are you going to switch to ELFX for your guide? It uses RLO right now, right?
He's added it to Skyrim Revisited Legendary Edition I do believe. Then again, I haven't checked the guide in a while.

He's added it to Skyrim Revisited Legendary Edition I do believe. Then again, I haven't checked the guide in a while.
I'm extremely new to SR so I'm sorry if this is a "DUHH" question but where is the legendary edition? And what is the difference between the two SR?

I'm extremely new to SR so I'm sorry if this is a "DUHH" question but where is the legendary edition? And what is the difference between the two SR?
SR:LE is a rework of the Skyrim Revisited guide. Skyrim Revisited was largely developed before the last Skyrim patch was released (along with the Legendary Edition of the game) and many of the mods need to either be rechecked for TES5Edit compatibility issues, re-ordered in the load order, ditched due to issues like scripts, etc. Last I heard SR:LE isn't even in beta testing yet though someone leaked the link and people use it and then complain it doesn't work properly lmao. Neo's "on a break" so he probably won't be working on it for a bit either.

Neovalen has been updating SR-LE quite a bit over the past week. Including dumping entire sections of it to be redone later, haha. I think the best practice is to cross-reference SR with SR-LE to make sure you're updating mods, dumping old mods that don't work as well as newer ones, cleaning and optimizing correctly, etc.

But that was easier before the dump, which I assume was due to the need for more testing or some issues that cropped up.

SR seems optimal to me, as a modding philosophy, because it tries to incorporate mods that aren't strictly about enhancing the vanilla content (such as new weapons and armor, gameplay expansions, etc) which is the same philosophy I have. Unfortunately, I don't think SR is as up to date as STEP currently is. I wonder if Neo recommends following STEP and adding additional mods rather than doing it with SR.

• 1 month later...

Version 0.4 is being uploaded now. Dragonborn :)

Change log:

Version 0.4

- Dragonborn module released.

- New ash fx for Solstheim ash areas(can be seen at night around light sources).

- A few new meshes.

- All modules updated with optimizations and tweaks.

- SMIM meshes updated.

Version 0.4 is being uploaded now. Dragonborn :)

Change log:

Version 0.4

- Dragonborn module released.

- New ash fx for Solstheim ash areas(can be seen at night around light sources).

- A few new meshes.

- All modules updated with optimizations and tweaks.

- SMIM meshes updated.

Oh god. Now we have to wait for all the ENBs to be updated for this new version. Unless it didn't change much. 

Had stopped using this mod for awhile, but with the Dragonborn update, I had to reinstall it.

Results:

1. Deleted meshes/architecture/whiterun/wrterrain/wrmainroadplains.nif from the mod as it was causing a prominent ugliness (for lack of a better term) on the path beside the Drunken Huntsman in Whiterun.

2. Created patch for compatibility between ELFX and College of Winterhold Immersive (that was laborious!)

3. Forwarded some fixes from unofficial patches and DLC

4. Created patch for compatibility between ELFXEnhancer and RealisticWaterTwo (easy)

Long day!

From what I found' date=' was just a simple cell and world space edit. Easily fixable, I assume that's what DoubleYou found as well[/quote']

Exactly, which was why I said the patch was quite easy.

Cell \ Block 3 \ Sub-Block 1 \ 000778F1

RWT overwriting ELFXEnhancer's CaveImageSpace edit

Worldspace \ 000243DE

RWT overwriting ELFXEnhancer's ElderGleamTemplateAlt Interior Lighting edit