Need Fallout 4 Scene Update Please

Hey hey. So I have not even looked at the modding scene for a bloody month or more. Can anyone tell me any of these things please:

-Modding tools. Anything mandatory or useful for texture mesh formats out now? How is Nifskope?

-Plugins. Any new plugins for modelling software available yet? Import/export ect.

-Any news on the offical CK?

-Console modding. Any news on how this will work?

-Methods for art creation. Is there any decent articles or tuts for art creation or editing specifically for Fallout 4?

If I missed anything you can share that is not asked above please share. I just have no idea where to begin looking and I am sure to miss stuff.

Cheers.

Edited by Guest

Sorry SparrowPrince, I've literally not looked/played fallout 4 in a month either.

I have grown to hate it because of the writing (Kid in a Fridge is like a quest I would conjure up while drunk). I just want to finish my water mod off and not touch it until good DLC arrives.

I want a scene update because if I decide to build something out of the blue, I would like to know where I stand. I am very spontaneous. Need to port to consoles too if I can eventually.

Edited by Guest

Bethesda seems to be busy with patches (and fixing patches that don't work properly), rather than getting the CK ready. Some of the CRPG sites have had reviews that aren't very favorable for Fallout 4; the settlement system seems to be the highlight of the game.

They announced mods coming soon to XBox and PS4 coming soon twitter the other day. Still no creation kit, I playing it most evenings (around 300 hours play time) and I am tracking anything interesting I find on Nexus but I am not modding (even textures) until the creation kit and MO are available.
My suspisions are that they are working through with Microsoft and Sony how mods are going to work at the console level. Personally I would be much happier if they released a patch for broken traders like Deirdre and recruitable NPCs like tina De Luca.  

MO is in alpha2 so looking like March April maybe before Tannin is ready for a GA release though I might jump in on late beta or early RC if it is looking good.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies I'm very late in my reply I know. I'm pretty stuffed at the moment as my laptop went a bit nuts and I'm trying to sort it. I kind of wish I had gone for another desktop. If anyone can bump this if something interesting like the actual editor comes out that would be cool.

• 1 month later...

Bump;

If I understand correctly the first of three DLC releases, Automatron, end of this month with the creation kit for PC hot on its heels. Then then second DLC, Wasteland, in April with Xbox mod support for PC made mods right after. Finally the huge third DLC, Far Harbor, in May with PS mod support for PC made mods. Check out the Beth FO4 site for the Automatron trailer and more info.

The DLCs look pretty good IMO. I read a lot and that influence has affected my video gaming experiences (as well as films, but that is a much more matured genre of art) so naturally I was a bit disappointed with the direction Fallout 4 was taken in compared to older titles. I wouldn't say I hate it like you, SparrowPrince, but they definitely emphasized an approach I'm not that big a fan of. In particular I was let down by the lack of meaningful dialogue and pretty much being shoe-horned into a character from the get-go. Sure there are evil factions that you can join, but if you think about you're drawn to each of them in pursuit of your son and if you decide to help them out it is mostly for a philanthropic cause. They all think they have the best solution for the Commonwealth moving forward, they're all appealing to the same side of your character, except maybe the Railroad who I found to be the most satisfactory faction simply because they don't actually pretend to be anything more than they are. Though their solution may not have been the best for the people in the region, I was drawn to them simply because they didn't demonstrate the same massive arrogance the two other factions did. Yes, I'm intentionally ignoring the Minutemen because discussing them as a faction is like discussing the value of a blank piece of paper as a work of art - it could become anything, but the game only allows you to take them to an initial point of establishment and fails completely at portraying them realistically with the drawbacks such an organization usually would have. Seems I got sidetracked...  ::P: 

There were some good side quests though and hopefully they will have taken some of the criticism from the older fanbase to heart with Far Harbor. With Automatron it looks like they're focusing on what made the game fun while I played it and there's nothing wrong with that, because frankly I'm not so sure they can fix the parts I found disappointing with any DLCs. I bought the season pass in any case. 

Would be more excited for the release of the CK if I actually thought I was any good at making textures, since the FO4 weapon system is pretty exciting.

Edited by MonoAccipiter

At this point I've had FO4 uninstalled for a long time with no desire to come back as yet... it felt like the world was empty with no redeeming qualities. Gameplay for gameplays sake means nothing to me without the heart and story to back it up.

Additionally, they still have persistent performance and engine bugs still not worked out... I may buy the season pass after its in the cheap steam sale but not likely until then.

I just hope they don't make the same mistakes with TES6 but I honestly don't have my hopes up at this point.