modlist.txt is inaccessible

SirPeppers

Question

Hey everyone,

I recently built a new computer, transferred my 1 TB hard drive from my previous comp, and installed a 240 GB SSD as my primary drive. Ever since I transferred my 1TB HD to my new computer, Mod Organizer has not been able to successfully run due to a file in the MO data being inaccessible. I've gone to the specific file (modlist.txt) to try and open it, but it only gives me a window saying "Access is Denied". I have no idea how to fix this and I am too afraid to uninstall MO and accidentally delete all of my mods and save files. 

If anyone can help, I truly appreciate it!

-SirPeppers

Specs

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790 @ 3.60GHz

GPU: GeForce GTX 980

RAM: 16 GB

Storage: 240 GB SSD, 1 TB HD

3 answers to this question

Do you have the same user access on this new drive that you did on the old? Possibly there are access privileges set on it that need Admin rights. Run MO as admin and make a copy of the profile that contains this file and name it something else. Then start MO as per normal and see if this new profile can be accessed.

Before my transfer to the new computer, my 1 TB HD was classified as Local Disk (C:), but since I put my OS on my new SSD, the SSD took upon itself to overwrite the Local Disk (C:) for itself and assign the HD to a different letter. Do you think this may be an issue? I've noticed that there are more restrictions to files and programs after I installed the SSD as my primary drive. I have given myself admin privilege to my HD (including MO), but it still refuses to give me access to that file.