Mod Organizer is not working with BOSS

Snarkyfork

Question

4 answers to this question

I am having load order issues with LOOT, that is why I am looking to get BOSS installed. The idea of LOOT is nice but it has failed to many times for me to trust or rely on it. I need to BOSS to double check my order, more or less. I couldn't find the 32 bit version of BOSS, maybe someone here can point me in the right direction?

Edited by Snarkyfork

I am having load order issues with LOOT, that is why I am looking to get BOSS installed. The idea of LOOT is nice but it has failed to many times for me to trust or rely on it. I need to BOSS to double check my order, more or less. I couldn't find the 32 bit version of BOSS, maybe someone here can point me in the right direction?

Unless this installation of MO is for Oblivion then you really should be using LOOT. Even then it's only a few die-hards that feel BOSS is better for that game. I personally feel LOOT can do just as well.

Anyway to the topic at hand. LOOT is actively maintained, BOSS is not. This means most newer mods will have to be added into the correct order more when you use BOSS compared to LOOT. As for issues with LOOT. Any issues you feel you might be having can easily be rectified with meta-rules. Much easier than BOSS. Of course some users feel LOOT isn't managing their load order well simply because it doesn't "look" right. Unless you can identify specific issues when examining that order with xEdit, then there are no issues.

LOOT now only sorts and will move plugins that are conflicting. While I understand the functionality is the primary goal, there is something to be said about having a good organized and clean load order. LOOT does an alright job at resolving conflicts in the load order but does literally nothing in the organization department. This is why I only use LOOT for feedback when I am unsure about something. Personally I like to completely sort my load order by hand as I install mods.