Major Game Crashing Help Please!

Gudmond

Question

I know this isn't exactly a question for SRLE but I have been trying to install it now for week plus. I got it going for a little bit up optimized textures then when I started a new game to test it again it would crash to a black screen and show that the monitor was disconnected and I would have to manual restart. It was doing this before I was trying SRLE and just using Skyrim with other random mods.

So now I decided to completely reformatted my comp clean. Did a clean install and I am now just at the point of testing it after creating the Skyrim Revisited Profile. This def seems like a problem with my comp. Any advice would be great.

My specs are Windows 10 I5-3570k 3.4(but I've been overclocking to 4.2, but problem still happens when I turn that off) 8 Gbs of Ram, 64-bit operating system. Geforce GTX 980, ASRock Z77 extreme4 lGA 1155 intell Z&& HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 atx intel motherboard. I play on a Sony TV too.

I really don't wanna give up on plaything this game and using this setup. What should I do? How can I fix? Should I throw my computer off a bridge?

Thanks for help.

Edited by Gudmond

5 answers to this question

Yes it happens with Fallout 4. Same exact problem. Any suggestions of how to fix. Thanks for responding I know this isn't SRLE problems. I even now right click my Geforce experience to look at that and my comp crashes same way. Should I uninstall that or how should I deal with graphics card?

Edited by Gudmond

It smells like bad RAM, bad PSU, or bad GPU.

but I've been overclocking to 4.2

I would suggest you download the newest bios, flash it, then load defaults. Run a CPU and GPU benchmark program for a few hours and see if it croaks.

Edited by Electrocutor

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.