9 replies to this topic

#1 Gterror

Gterror

Prisoner

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 05:45 PM

Hi!

I was following STEP:Core installation when i reached the Step Optimized Vanilla Textures mod, where seeing as the baseline recommends the Standard version, i noticed that in the Nexus website there was only the Performance version available. Just wanted to know if Standard Version is not available anymore or is the problem with Nexus website itself, where uploading Gb-s worth of mod doesnt come through?

Thanks in advance

#2 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,107 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 05:54 PM

We're trying to upload the new version.

#3 HypestHypeBoo

HypestHypeBoo

Prisoner

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 03:29 PM

But we can go ahead with the performance one and carry on with the guide? Also im not sure where to put papyusutil in the load order :S

#4 Nebulous112

Nebulous112

High King

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 03:31 PM

Yeah, the performance textures are fine, just a little less quality and a little more performance.

PapyrusUtil doesn't matter where it is for priority order (left pane), as long as it is after SKSE.

#5 z929669

z929669

Ixian Inventor

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,258 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 03:32 PM

yes, performance version will do nicely until we get the standard version uploaded

#6 HypestHypeBoo

HypestHypeBoo

Prisoner

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 03:48 PM

thanks and cheers guys! 

Quick Edit: Oh btw we dont need to download the main files, just the optional one right?! (first time following the step core guide)

Edited by HypestHypeBoo, 29 January 2016 - 03:59 PM.

#7 Nebulous112

Nebulous112

High King

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 04:53 PM

Main file comes later in the Patches section of the guide.

#8 alt3rn1ty

alt3rn1ty

Thane

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 03:36 AM

@ TA or Z or whoever is uploading :

Have you considered a backup site for files ?, if not and there are any thoughts along that line I would recommend :

The Assimilation Lab

Files can be up to 6gb, and in my experience with large files ( uploading all the files for 25 versions of Vanilla Reduced Textures to Nexus ), its a lot easier uploading there. I have ony uploaded the last couple of versions of VRT to TheAssimilationLab, but both occasions have been a breath of fresh air, just one upload attempt was successful on both occasions ( as opposed to nexus usual with large files, wait for most of a day for an upload to fail in the last few percent, depending on random amounts of traffic and sudden site drop-outs ).

And of course you are not limited to one site being functional for the purposes of people downloading.

Bit of a pain doing things twice, but worth it imho.

Edited by alt3rn1ty, 30 January 2016 - 03:38 AM.

#9 Sixxness

Sixxness

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 08:45 AM

does this make the same changes as, "Bethesda Hi-Res DLC Optimized"? I guess replacing that one with STEPs version is better? (I'm deleting many mods and noticed this in my folder, unsure)

#10 EssArrBee

EssArrBee

Incompatibilism Manager

• STEP Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,721 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 01:15 PM

It achieves the same thing but leaves out textures covered by other step mods.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users