SR:LE, Extended, and Beyond; An Attempt to Understand and Improve

So... https://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/topic/3999-bug-fixes-recommended-in-addition-to-the-unofficial-patches/

This is quite dated, but are all of these still recommended fixes to be applied? I've noticed that many of them do not include some of the changes from certain expansions or from USLEEP.

I've decided to work on my own modlist from scratch, doing intensive xEdits for each one added. It seemed to me that there was far too many things that are overlooked, such as making EFF forward the changes from HearthFire, Dragonborn, and USLEEP. When I'm done, I can compare to the tried and tested SRLE and (hopefully) SRLE Extended at the end to see how they differ.

I wanted to start with just the framework mods, unofficial patch, and recommended fix patches that didn't make it into the unofficial patch. (I am curious why the stalker dragon corpse fix isn't considered a recommended fix too)

Edited by Electrocutor

I'm going to use this thread to try to get some feedback on these must-have mods, due to them perhaps needing updating.

USLEEP vs WAF

Ancient Nord:

USLEEP: Adds ArmorMaterialSteel and PerkFistSteel to gauntlet

WAF: Adds WAF_ArmorMaterialDraugr, WAF_ArmorMaterialNordic, and PerkFistIron to gauntlet

Nord Hero:

USLEEP: Adds WeapMaterialDraugr

WAF: Adds WeapMaterialDraugrHoned

so... which one is more right? or should all keywords be combined in order to be both WAF and USLEEP compatible?

I'm not 100% on this so I thought I would ask directly, WAF is compatible with USLEEP ?

I have long since ditched the individual patches and made a mod list specific to USLEEP, so I just wanted to know if I would be shooting myself in the foot by using USLEEP explicitly

When I'm finally finished testing all my mods for my new load order I will be adding in most of your mods Kyrptopyr so making sure ahead of time about compatibility issues is a must for me.

WAF is definitely compatible, but krypt says he hasn't updated WAF to the newest revision yet, so there are some minor differences. Hopefully he will also include the changes from the new USLEEP 3.0.1 when he gets around to updating WAF (though I haven't checked if any of the changes are weapon/armor specific); it is currently in beta.

I think it'd be nice if the recommended, but not included patches would be combined into a secondary mod called USLEEP Addendum or something; that would make things less complicated for a new install and having to update and merge them yourself. For example, the Display Case Fix isn't USLEEP compatible unless you make it so.

Edited by Electrocutor

Well I'm sure that when Kryptopyr gets time to update WAF she will change what needs to be changed, I don't mind having items changed from USLEEP as that mod is there just for the fixes it provides.

I'm holding off on my playthrough until Frostfall 3.1 comes out though so we'll see what changes in between now and then.

I'm going to put up some of my patches for this if anyone wants them.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=E58D98A67F526317%2110884

HearthFire Display Case Fix - USLEEP

- Forward USLEEP changes

Moonpath to Elsweyr - Patch

- Fix the Dead Man's Drink mess it creates

- *more changes to come

Misc Edits (Directly Modified ESP)

• All Mods: Forwarding Height Map data for xEdit conflict sanity
  • Falskaar.esm: Removed all Skyrim-overriding Landscape Texture records
  • SummersetIsles.esp: Removed all Skyrim-overriding Landscape Texture records
  • Wyrmstooth.esp: USLEEP: Slight correction to dialog text in 
  • Moonpath.esm cleaned
  • Moonpath_QuestData.esp cleaned
  • Moonpath.esm: USLEEP: Sub-Block FalkreathDeadMansDrink - Weather Region changed to WeatherFalkreath
  • Moonpath_QuestData.esp: USLEEP: Sub-Block FalkreathDeadMansDrink - Weather Region changed to WeatherFalkreath
  • Atlas Legendary.esp: USLEEP: 00017753, Forward change to XLKR

Considering

•  

Bugs

• Moonpath: Don't have any NPC currently talking to you when you activate the carriage or else they will accompany you for the trip.
  • Moonpath: Food from the removed table in DeadMansDrink remains (falls on floor)

xEdit Questions

• Does EDID (Editor Id) affect anything in-game?

Mod Questions

• SummersetIsles.esm: LOOT doesn't say it needs cleaning, but cleaning removes 2,300 records. Is it safe to do that?
    • Author says don't clean it.
  • ​Weapons and Armor Fixes Remade.esp: Does WAF forward USLEEP changes?
    • Author says yes, but not updated to the current version just yet, so there will be minor differences.
  • Moonpath.esm: Would there be any negative or post-quest issue with completely removing the carriage from Dead Man's Drink and just teleporting via dialog option "I'm ready to depart."?

Base Texture Replacement

• SMIM
  • Project Parallax: Vanilla Texture Parallax
  • Hein84: Vanilla Texture Parallax Fix
  • (Either SRO, SkyrimHD, or both goes here)
  • Vivid Landscape All in One
  • Vivid Landscape All in One - SMIM Patch
  • Vivid Landscape All in One - Skyforge Patch
  • Vivid Landscape All in One - LOD Patch
  • Vivid Landscape All in One - Mossy Rocks Patch
  • Vivid Landscape All in One - ENB Patch
  • Vivid Landscape All in One - 4k Textures Patch
  • Vivid Landscapes - Woods 4k *looks a bit cartoony
  • Vivid Landscapes - Castle Volkihar
Edited by Electrocutor

psst... Kryptopyr's a she. :)

Psst ... Kryptopyr is a Daedric Prince :^)

OT:I've checked arthmoor's recommended mods for bug fixes and

Almost everything is covered by SR:LE but a few is not. For ex: Fuz Ro D'oh is in the Extended, not the base. I'm guessing Neo found this mod unnecessary while Darth found it useful for the mods that his extra pack.

And the Dawnguard one, I'm guessing it's also a 'meh' mod?

Edited by Ocean

I'm thinking of removing the whole carriage room from moonpath and just having a teleport start via dialog with something like "I'm ready, let's depart." Can anyone tell me if having the carriage remain is needed for after you have already gone to Elsweyr and come back?

Edited by Electrocutor