Windows 10 64Bit MO doesn't start (1.3.x)

TheCoach

Question

MO 1.3.11:

No error messages are thrown, a log is generated:

20:17:34 [W] QSslSocket: cannot resolve TLSv1_1_client_method
20:17:34 [W] QSslSocket: cannot resolve TLSv1_2_client_method
20:17:34 [W] QSslSocket: cannot resolve TLSv1_1_server_method
20:17:34 [W] QSslSocket: cannot resolve TLSv1_2_server_method
20:17:34 [W] QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSL_select_next_proto
20:17:34 [W] QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSL_CTX_set_next_proto_select_cb
20:17:34 [W] QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSL_get0_next_proto_negotiated
20:17:34 [W] QMutex: destroying locked mutex

Skyrim is sitting outside the program files folder as is mod organizer. I tried disabling AV, no change there, tried multiple old versions too, same result.

So after having no results with MO 1, I tried a few MO2 alpha builds just as a test:

MO 2a3 crashes on startup a2 seems to load but I know it has many issues and is inadvised for regular usage.
Edited by TheCoach

6 answers to this question

Damn I forgot to mention that MO 2 is the only one that actually runs, MO1 does not run at all I only tried MO2 because I had nothing else to do.

EDIT:

None of the 1.3 version work, 1.2.18 works.

Could I just stick to 1.2.18 without running into huge problems?

Edited by TheCoach

To clarify your OP, are you saying the MO UI won't initialise or are you just concerned about those log messages? If it is the latter then most of those are no consequence, only the mutex reference concerns me, and MO will function regardless. On the other hand, if is not loading could you post what ever logs ar generated and also describe the Windows environment you are running. This latter information is due to the mutex error. That refers to code that is failing to run in a multi-threaded manner.

MO process does not start properly at all, it never really shows up in the task manager.

I'm running an up to date Windows 10 Pro 64bit, standard English thing(not some weird localized version).

PC specs:

CPU: i5 4570

RAM: 8GB

GPU r9 270 2GB

All drivers up to date as well.

This is a really standard average setup, the only thing out of the ordinary is the fact that I have dual monitors, but I don't think that should pose an issue.

EDIT:

So far I am just using 1.2.18 and it's doing me fine. 2.x should also work fine when it is in a release state as it does not suffer from the same problem 1.3.x releases do, so I can just deal with it really.

Edited by TheCoach

You should be at least getting error messages from Windows to say you're missing a .NET module or something. Having no messages at all and the code failing to run is just plain weird. I have a very similar system to you and I have never heard of or seen anything like this. The code changes from 1.2.x to 1.3.x are not that great as to render the entire UI useless.

You have no AV software of other tools running that might be messing with the initialisation? Since the "hooking" code does look like malware to "less knowledgeable" software, MO sometimes gets treated like malware and either removed to the bin or just stopped.

I have Avast but I already tried disabling it.

The only significant jump in 1.3 is going from qt 4.x to qt 5.x from what I can tell.

I'm setting up my STEP install pretty nicely with the old 1.2.18 anyways so I can just wait it out.