Quick Question about DynDOLOD

C4RN1F3XX

Question

So, I've installed DynDOLOD following the Guide in STEP wiki, but i made a mistake.

In section 'generating DynDOLOD' step 12 says:

12. At the prompt, make certain only DynDOLOD.esp is ticked and click [OK].

But I read it too late and now i had both DynDOLOD.esp and STEP Core Patch.esp changes saved.

Starting the game inside the Skyrim Main Menu will now crash the game at loading screen.

Is there an easy way to restore STEP Core Patch without overwriting other stuff? 

Is this even the reason why I'm getting CTD now?

Edited by C4RN1F3XX

3 answers to this question

You will have to remove the STEP Compilation and re-install it. Easiest way is to find the STEP Compilation in the left pane, right click and remove. Then go to the right pane, click downloads tab, and re-install.

You may have to re-do DynDOLOD. I have never had anything other than DynDOLOD pop up in the save dialogue when exiting TES5Edit with the procedure. Make sure you have the DynDOLOD plugin selected when you right click to apply script.

It could be as simple as you inadvertently made a change to the STEP patch after you finished the procedure, but I don't know.

If you are going to re-do DynDOLOD: Remove the everything to do with DynDOLOD (the main DynDOLOD mod and the two output mods you created). Find the output folders in Windows Explorer and delete their contents. Go into TES5Edit in Windows Explorer, and find the DynDOLOD cache folder. Delete everything in the cache. Then re-install DynDOLOD and do the process again. Only difference is the scripts are still in TES5Edit since you didn't touch that.

The full instructions are in the DynDOLOD manual, but I'm going from memory.

okay, and reinstalling the step compilation wont overwrite other mods? like, i can just reinstall it, let it get sorted by LOOT and place it where the old step comp was and then im fine? do i have to redo the bashed patch?

Edited by C4RN1F3XX