[SOLVED] mods have unrecognized TES4 header versions?

nex

hey guys, first time poster, brand new to modding

i've been trying to follow Kelmych's project to learn how to mod. i've been watching and reading the guides he linked in each section but i ran into an error that i can't figure out when i started Wrye Flash for the first time:

HC7ZaHS.png

i've done some googling and looked through old threads but i can't find any comprehensive answer to what this means and how i should deal with it

i'm also a little confused about the terminology being used on the Wyre Flash because I keep seeing differing names such as: Wrye Bash, Wrye Smash, Wrye Mash, etc.

am I correct in assuming that these differing terms are similar to how xEdit is described? Different versions of similar programs for specific games (with Wrye Flash being the Fallout version)?

thanks in advance and please bear with me if these questions are noob bs. like i mentioned, i'm brand new to this and i stepped into this world about 6 hours ago

Edited by nex

Wrye Bash is a program developed originally by Wrye for the Elder Scrolls games. The current version can be used for Elder Scrolls Games, and there is an experimental version for Fallout 4. Wrye Flash is a variant that is used with Fallout 3 and Fallout NV; eventually Wrye Flash won't be needed since the Fallout capabilities will be added to Wrye Bash. "Wrye Bash" is usually used when talking about the collection of these tools; note that Wrye Bash and Wrye Flash currently have similar but not exactly identical capabilities for each game (unlike xEdit). Mator Smash is a new tool being developed by Mator which will potentially replace the use of Wrye Bash/Flash for creating the equivalent of a bashed patch. There is no Wrye Smash.

Did you use Wrye Flash to create the bashed patch? For FO3 you should use the Fallout 3 Wrye Flash with Fallout 3, not Wrye Bash.

thanks for your reply, i appreciate the clarification

i installed Wyre Flash 31.5 Standalone, added a shortcut through mod organizer and then opened it

i received this error immediately at first time startup, before touching anything at all

edit: i went ahead and backed up and then deleted the bashed patch esp that was automatically created when i started Wrye Flash for the first time and the error is no longer occurring on startup

Edited by nex

Try the procedure described at the beginning of the Creating a Bashed Patch section of the Fallout 3 guide. Create a new mod folder with the folder name using "Bashed Patch," followed by the current profile name (e.g., Bashed Patch, Clear and Present Danger"). Now copy the Bashed Patch, 0.esp from the Fallout 3 goty\Mopy\templates\ folder to the folder that was just created in MO's mods folder. Activate this folder in MO. Make sure you delete any existing bashed patch files in the Fallout 3 Goty\Data folder or in the Mod Organizer\Overwrites folder. Perhaps you have a corrupted version of the bashed patch in one of these two locations.

awesome, i will try this now and let you know what happens. thanks for your help

update: i followed the directions from the template you provided and the program is booting up perfectly now, thanks again for your help and thanks for your awesome guide. i'm still just installing all the utilities at this point, so wish me luck with the rest of the process!

Edited by nex