Distant trees not rendering properly

p4ck3tl055

Question

I just rebuilt my Skyrim environment (built on STEP 2.2.9 Extended).  Working through the first quest (Bleak Falls Barrow) and noticed that the trees off in the distance didn't look right - more like half-trees or very blocky trees.  (When I get closer to them, the trees "pop" into view and look normal.)

I've seen this before, but I can't for the life of me remember what I did to cure it.  A couple of screenies: 

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'm using SFO 2.0c and SFO Recolored Pines and LODs.

In an attempt to improve the situation - which failed - I installed AOF HD Tree LODs, and placed it really low in the load order - well after SFO.

Any suggestions to fix this?

6 answers to this question

the LOD files is incompatible.

you can only use SFO's LOD file

Meaning yo can only use SFO unless someone decides to make a patch

Yep, that's why I removed AOF HD Trees when it didn't help.  I only added AOF's in an attempt to solve the problem.  

However, I did a bit of additional poking around and found that if you delete (hide in the case of MO) the file "Tamerial.lts" in the SFO file tree: like this:

Posted Image

Then things improve.

Now I'm wondering what effect this is going to have...

... I'll remove that and see what happens.

I can either remove Recolored Pines or hide the Tamerial.LTS file and the trees seem to function as intended.  To keep my setup as close to STEP as possible I think I'll keep SFO 2.0c with the Dragonborn addon and drop the recolored pines.  That way I'm not tweaking any mods, using a more current version of the mod in question and the intended result is the same....I think.

Thanks for the quick help guys!