Discovering LOOT

Carnage2k4

Question

So I'm reinstalling skyrim to mod again, it's been over 2 years since I played, Many things have changed though I see, BOSS was the thing to have last time I modded Skyrim, but I see it's been superseeded by LOOT now, and I hear good things.

However I cannot seem to be able to get Wrye Bash to show LOOT in it's application menu on the bottom left, the STEP guide seemed to indicate that it would show up there, but I'm yet to see it.

Anyone Know a fix for this? and if so, maybe it should be added to the page for installing Wrye Bash where LOOT is given as the next thing to DL.

Thank you for any help.

Carnage2K4

Elemental Staffs

Edited by Carnage2k4

6 answers to this question

Wrye Bash Advanced Documentation

Custom Launchers

https://wrye-bash.github.io/docs/Wrye%20Bash%20Advanced%20Readme.html#launchers-custom

Opr0QrT.jpg

OSNlRKS.jpg

If you dont get LOOTs installer to create a desktop Icon, go to the Start Menu for LOOT, right click it and choose send to desktop. Right click the desktop icon and choose copy, then paste it into the Apps folder as per the documentation. Then if you dont need the desktop icon you created just delete it.

Thats the easiest way to get a shortcut icon with all the necessary properties set.

And if you want the icons bigger, right click the Wrye Bash settings gear icon ..

AMqmnRS.jpg

Edited by alt3rn1ty
  • +1 2

STEP now uses Mod Organizer as our official mod manager. WB is only used for Bashed Patching.

No offence, but that is not what I asked...

I prefer to use WB over Mod Organizer...

I post here as I cannot seem to find any other info on the issue.

Yep the Apps folder has been implemented for a few versions now, but not widely known or utilised because usually the old team would just add Tools most popularly used to be auto recognised when installed ..

However the old team have mostly stopped supporting now, and the new Team consists of only a few people.

https://github.com/wrye-bash : Utumno is concentrating on Refactoring all the code which is a major undertaking, and after that I reckon will come the updates to patchers for Skyrim making the Bashed Patch even more useful ( and hopefully one day it will have a comprehensive set of patchers so that all those voluntarily created mod patches for every mod conflict under the sun will no longer be necessary for big mods, just bashed patch import / merge as required ).

Once the big jobs are out of the way the small niceties can be shored up again .. But for now the Apps shortcuts work well.

Edited by alt3rn1ty
  • +1 1