Skyrim Revisited Pre-Release Feedback

I agree.

Once you move off of Adept the balance of damage output by various actors and methods starts to get distorted - it's also why I've backed away from things like Dual Combat Realism 7.x and Deadly Combat.

I do like AI changes to make NPCs more aggressive or make better use of blocking and attacks. I also like ACE Realistic Fighting module to make wearing light armor or sneaking riskier but also reward flanking attacks better.

I've also come to quite like ASIS (along with SIC, HLE and Deadly Dragons) for balancing things - additional potions for enemies are good and additional spawns create a threat of being overwhelmed by mobs as well keeping dungeons fresh with additional unexpected challenges.

The other suggestion I highly recommend to make combat more challenging and interesting is to use Dynamic Potions - don't allow potion (and food) effects to stack and also have all effects spread out over time - the preset I use forthis mod has potions of minor healing (for example) heal 2 points per second for 60 seconds. This means that you absolutely can't just spam potions whenever your health gets low - even vigorous healing only adds 8 health per second and you can't stack the effect. This means potions are not a get out of jail free card and get you instantly back to full health but rather something that needs to be used early to help you tip the balance in a long combat.

As an aside I really have come to dislike combat mods that massively increase the odds of getting one (or two) shotted - however realistic they might be they ruin immersion and roleplaying for me.

I add "Animations" mod (on phone and can't link right now) for the potions problem. You then can't drink potions without putting away weapons and waiting for drinking animation to end. More realistic, and makes sucking them down during a fight much more strategic. As to combat mods, I like to to toture myself, but I always recommend skytweak to make things easier or harder. Let's you fix many parameters of game.

I get a horrible flashing light display whenever the carts for Solitude and Whiterun pop in. In Solitude I see it coming from Dragon Bridge, in Whiterun coming fromRirikstead. It last for about two or three seconds. I suspect it us because BFT has superimposed new carts on the old ones. Anyone else get anything similar?

I get a horrible flashing light display whenever the carts for Solitude and Whiterun pop in. In Solitude I see it coming from Dragon Bridge, in Whiterun coming fromRirikstead. It last for about two or three seconds. I suspect it us because BFT has superimposed new carts on the old ones. Anyone else get anything similar?

I get the same issue I thought it might be a lighting issue I get a flash of various colors for a few seconds in Solitude, and dawnstar  (Dawnstar looking towards the iron and quicksilver mines though) is the worst for me. it only last a few second and then is stops. it actually think it might be the ENB

Edited by Darth_mathias

There is a very similar effect when you use the smelters in third person. I think this is because CCOR is adding a second smelter in order to get around some issue with experience from smelting in the third person. I think the overlapping items cause this intense bloom. (You can tell it's a second item because sandboxing NPCs can come up and use the original smelter while you are still using the copy added by CCOR.).

Given that these duplicate smelters cause the bloom when first invoked I thought it might be a similar process occurring with carriages causing the bloom as you approach the outskirts of the towns.

Edited by statmonster

There is a very similar effect when you use the smelters on third person. I think this is because CCOR is adding a second smelter in order to get around some issue with experience from smelting in the third person. I think the overlapping items cause this intense bloom. (You can see its a second item because sand icing NPCs can come up and use the original smelter while you are still using the copy added by CCOR.).

Given that these duplicate smelters cause the bloom when first invoked I thought it might be a similar process occurring with carriages causing the bloom as you approach the outskirts of the towns.

I will forward this to Mangaclub (vividian ENB's author) . I have had this over bloom problem for a long time. I think your theory is right about the cause of the problem. I don't know that we will have the solution though.

Edited by darkside

hmmm. with latest update from steam, should we unpack scripts.rar?

Just found this post, haven't checked myself though.

The latest CK update removed the loose script files, they are zipped up in a .rar file ("scripts.rar") in the base data folder of the skyrim installation you have to extract them back into your source folder (The source files that is) and it should work again.

This should only be needed if using the CK / Compiling Scripts.

Why? As far as I know the IL only version hasn't changed.

The IL only version is still .94 from January but the ELE_Legendary_Fs_Wt_Lite.esp from .95a has quite a few changes, including image spaces, lighting templates, and lots of placed objects which seem to increase compatibility with dawnguard, etc...  I had the floating water in BlindCliffCave, which it fixes as well.

^This!  ::):

Plus it has better compatibility with the latest version of Wyrmstooth and carries over almost all USPs fixes.

Ofc that means that redundant records in SR Conflict Resolution.esp will need to be deleted but...Thank God TES5Edit has this ITPO script which sometimes works wonders!  ::):

Edited by Astakos

^This!  ::):

Plus it has better compatibility with the latest version of Wyrmstooth and carries over almost all USPs fixes.

Ofc that means that redundant records in SR Conflict Resolution.esp will need to be deleted but...Thank God TES5Edit has this ITPO script which sometimes works wonders!  ::):

Alright, you guys won me over. Switched over to 0.95a as the main version. I'm still evaluating the light color changes vs ELFX base colors... we shall see if I add instructions to delete the light edits in the coming days.

in our data folder. dialogue view folder and scripts folder are now gone and in script.rar

edit: o sorry, was replying to your original question mark

Added instructions for this to the CK section.

Also, re-added the EFF fix for inventory sorting. Apparently Expired fixed it so food items are no longer placed in the inventory but empty water skins are considered miscellaneous instead... hope in next version he adds a global disable toggle to the MCM. Also added fix someone found on the EFF comment thread for the wait problem people were having, as a beneficial side effect it also cuts down on the dialogue spam a lot.