Can't get Mod Organizer to Run 4GBFNV

tighearnachcreag

Question

I have it hooked up through the Mod Organizer, but when I try to get it to run, nothing happens. It works fine when I use my lightly modded (bug fixes+UI mods) or not modded at all profiles, or without Mod Organizer entirely, but not with my heavily modded Mod Organizer profile. I'm not sure what to do to get it to work, since the only advice I've been able to find has been to add "-laaexe .\FalloutMO.exe" to Mod Organizer's 4GFNV access, and that doesn't seem to work for me.

Edited by tighearnachcreag

10 answers to this question

Definitely a mods issue, as deactivating a few that I figured would be performance heavy fixes it. Now I just need to fiddle around till it works.

Edit: Specifically, it appears that for some reason Interior Lighting Overhaul is causing this. Pity, I guess I won't be using the mod then.

Make sure that the executable for it within MO has all of the proper information entered.  Make sure the "Binary" for it points to the correct directory and .exe file (wherever you placed the fnv4gb.exe file).  Also, make sure the "Arguments" says "-laaexe .\FalloutMO.exe".

I have it hooked up through the Mod Organizer, but when I try to get it to run, nothing happens. It works fine when I use my low (bug fixes+UI mods) or no mods profiles, or without Mod Organizer entirely, but not with my heavily modded Mod Organizer profile. I'm not sure what to do to get it to work, since the only advice I've been able to find has been to add "-laaexe .\FalloutMO.exe" to Mod Organizer's 4GFNV access, and that doesn't seem to work for me.

Make sure that the executable for it within MO has all of the proper information entered.  Make sure the "Binary" for it points to the correct directory and .exe file (wherever you placed the fnv4gb.exe file).  Also, make sure the "Arguments" says "-laaexe .\FalloutMO.exe".

I've tried that, and it doesn't seem to do anything. FalloutMO.exe appears in my NV directory, and runs briefly, according to Task Manager, but the game doesn't actually start, which is the exact same thing that happens without the the argument, just with Fallout.exe instead of FalloutMO.exe

OK, I didn't see that part as you edited your post after I posted my response.

Did you install this version of FNV4GB? : https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/55061/

Did you properly install NVSE?  Did you heed the instructions of FNV4GB? (quoted from FNV4GB's Nexus webpage) : "First, make sure you have launched the game with the default launcher AT LEAST ONCE after setting up your graphics options or the program will NOT function properly."

• +1 2

I have it hooked up through the Mod Organizer, but when I try to get it to run, nothing happens. It works fine when I use my lightly modded (bug fixes+UI mods) or not modded at all profiles, or without Mod Organizer entirely, but not with my heavily modded Mod Organizer profile. I'm not sure what to do to get it to work, since the only advice I've been able to find has been to add "-laaexe .\FalloutMO.exe" to Mod Organizer's 4GFNV access, and that doesn't seem to work for me.

This highlighted section is the key I believe. If you can get the FNV4GB patcher to run with a basic install and only a few mods then the issue isn't with either MO or FNV4GB, it is with one of those mods.

I would suggest examining your NVSE installation and/or the mods that require it. It could also be a case of the patcher working fine but your systm simply falls under the pressure of too much texture load.

If you could post the contents of you 'heavy' profile and you ModOrganizer.ini along with you system specs that might assist us.

OK, I didn't see that part as you edited your post after I posted my response.

Did you install this version of FNV4GB? : https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/55061/

Did you properly install NVSE?  Did you heed the instructions of FNV4GB? (quoted from FNV4GB's Nexus webpage) : "First, make sure you have launched the game with the default launcher AT LEAST ONCE after setting up your graphics options or the program will NOT function properly."

Yes (I've even tried the older version, just in case), and yes.

This highlighted section is the key I believe. If you can get the FNV4GB patcher to run with a basic install and only a few mods then the issue isn't with either MO or FNV4GB, it is with one of those mods.

I would suggest examining your NVSE installation and/or the mods that require it. It could also be a case of the patcher working fine but your systm simply falls under the pressure of too much texture load.

If you could post the contents of you 'heavy' profile and you ModOrganizer.ini along with you system specs that might assist us.

I kind of figured it was something mod related, although I wasn't aware that texture load could be a factor. 

https://www.mediafire.com/view/i4edoh2r34e640j/plugins.txt

https://www.mediafire.com/view/vc8kfal3ez7wcpv/DxDiag.txt

I could run a roughly similar mod load out with, IIRC, the exact same graphical mods, back when I was using fallout mod manager, so while my computer isn't very powerful, I'm not sure why it would suddenly be unable to run it

I just had a similar experience. I installed a new game drive (SSD) and re-downloaded the game file from Steam. I set up Mod Organizer, NVSE and FNV 4GB Loader. I started the game from the Steam Program and generated the ini files.  When I went to edit them I found all the ini tweaks already there. I tried starting through MO with the launcher, NVSE and 4GB Loader but it crashed each time. The start screen would begin to load then crash. This happened even with no plugins loaded (Fallout.esm only). I thought about the ini file and the tweaks, so I checked the ini files from the Documents\My Games\Fallout NV folder and low and behold - they were different than the default ones in SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Mod Organizer\profiles\Default folder. So I copied the ini files from the Documents\My Games\Fallout NV folder and pasted them into the Mod Organizer folder. Then I test ran each of the launcher, NVSE and 4GB Loader loads through MO and Bingo the game loaded. I eneterd the tweaks and once again success.  Somehow MO the MO inis were messed up.  I am now happily coninuing adding mods.

I believe that the problem was that your supposed to run the game through the launcher first without any mods, then add the mods after your ini's are created, this includes NVSE, 4GB as well. 

I already said that I already did this.

I just had a similar experience. I installed a new game drive (SSD) and re-downloaded the game file from Steam. I set up Mod Organizer, NVSE and FNV 4GB Loader. I started the game from the Steam Program and generated the ini files.  When I went to edit them I found all the ini tweaks already there. I tried starting through MO with the launcher, NVSE and 4GB Loader but it crashed each time. The start screen would begin to load then crash. This happened even with no plugins loaded (Fallout.esm only). I thought about the ini file and the tweaks, so I checked the ini files from the Documents\My Games\Fallout NV folder and low and behold - they were different than the default ones in SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Mod Organizer\profiles\Default folder. So I copied the ini files from the Documents\My Games\Fallout NV folder and pasted them into the Mod Organizer folder. Then I test ran each of the launcher, NVSE and 4GB Loader loads through MO and Bingo the game loaded. I eneterd the tweaks and once again success.  Somehow MO the MO inis were messed up.  I am now happily coninuing adding mods.

Tried, didn't help.

Definitely a mods issue, as deactivating a few that I figured would be performance heavy fixes it. Now I just need to fiddle around till it works.

Edit: Specifically, it appears that for some reason Interior Lighting Overhaul is causing this. Pity, I guess I won't be using the mod then.

You're a mod-send. I was having exactly the same problem, and disabling ILO fixed it immediately. Thank you for your testing diligence.